Is there still a need for SS?

SoontirMorillo

Isn't SS known for being the home for a big portion of APAC-players after all the transfers in the past?

SS developed the last years into one of the smaller servers, on par with TH or TL. Many already considered to leave and settle on SF because of the declining population. Some alread did. Just like TH lost a lot of active players to DM.

Now that we got SV it might be possible that another chunk of players is contemplating to leave the server once Server Transfers will open for SV.

Since SF always was the bigger U.S. Server and SV needs all APAC players to stay alive...

.... isn't it a valid option to force the players to make a decision?

Close SS. Let every single player decide for himself, where he wants to get merged to. SF or SV.

It would break my heart to see SS go down hard like TL and TH. But since SS is not bound because of the language, there is more room to freestyle with SS... even if it means to close it for the benefit of the other servers.

But that is just a thought. There is a big chance i'm wrong here.

Edited by SoontirMorillo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for close SS.

Why is Bioware/Broadsword ignoring this? Satele Shan has 1/4th the player-base of SF.

It's time for the Satele Shan server to be laid to rest. Kill it.

The population on SS is laughably small. Group activity past almost never happens. GSF one Saturday a few weeks ago took 6 hours to pop.

It broke my heart to see The Harbinger go away, but as a Harbinger player, I have no love or respect for SS server, and won't shed a single tear over its decommission .

Edited by Traceguy

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2024 at 6:29 AM, SoontirMorillo said:

Isn't SS known for being the home for a big portion of APAC-players after all the transfers in the past?

No. Not really. SS is the alternative to the heavy RP that is SF. SF is also the most toxic of all servers and SS players do not want to merge with SF. SS is no where near TL and actually TH is more active than SS at their prime time.

The argument to merge servers SS and SF is based on activity with pvp, gsf and group finder. This argument is not supported by most SS players as they don’t want a giant server and enjoy the smaller atmosphere. A more valid fix would be a cross server queue for pvp and gsf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/3/2024 at 11:20 AM, Saeten said:

SF is also the most toxic of all servers

On 4/3/2024 at 11:20 AM, Saeten said:

The argument to merge servers SS and SF is based on activity with pvp, gsf and group finder.

Agreed. I'm only for merging the servers because SS really does suffer from long queue times, and sometimes it is impossible to get a group going for an Op or WB. I've seen slightly more interest in players doing The First on Tuesday nights this year, so that's a plus. It's been tough finding groups for that in the recent years. Still room for improvement though.

I have a toon on SF that I play on a few times a week. Like night and day, the toxicity between the two is easily noticeable. SF a lot more toxic than anything I've ever seen on SS. I'm guessing it's why people are filling up their 200 player ignore list so easily. As Obi-Wan might say:

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1