Streamer wants ranked pvp back

Smokiezy

On 1/7/2024 at 1:35 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Ask all the folks who wintraded their way to the studio dropping ranked...

my guy you post like daily surely you read why it got removed: combat styles and top3 couldn't work together, fixing this was too much investment for how small the community was amd thus it got removed, not because of wintrade.

On 1/6/2024 at 7:35 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Ask all the folks who wintraded their way to the studio dropping ranked...

1. I still didn't have the chance to get reach the top and improving more skills so no

15 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

my guy you post like daily surely you read why it got removed: combat styles and top3 couldn't work together, fixing this was too much investment for how small the community was amd thus it got removed, not because of wintrade.

1. Indeed but this issue perhaps is a droplet of water overflowing into the barrel.

2. Investment? They do millions, why money would be a problem? You already know when devs make their own idea about something, it can result to a roller coaster.

Edited by TheOverMind-

3 hours ago, TheOverMind- said:

Investment? They do millions, why money would be a problem? You already know when devs make their own idea about something, it can result to a roller coaster.

my guy, pvp is small part of the game, too small for them to invest money into people looking at the old code for pvp and removing a specific part of it is simply not worth the time the devs would have had to put into fixing it - or rather it would've if the game was supposed to maintain players long term, without new content (which we obviously aren't getting) fixing up a mode with infinite replayability is not worth it because everybody would quit before reaching the point where the only thing to do is play ranked

5 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

my guy, pvp is small part of the game, too small for them to invest money into people looking at the old code for pvp and removing a specific part of it is simply not worth the time the devs would have had to put into fixing it - or rather it would've if the game was supposed to maintain players long term, without new content (which we obviously aren't getting) fixing up a mode with infinite replayability is not worth it because everybody would quit before reaching the point where the only thing to do is play ranked

1. Can I have any ressources from what you're saying or is it just a hypotetical confirmation? I'm wondering because several people are always bringing the same argument, so I guess there's a reason? I try to find out. Otherwise if you just say that because you mean of it that would mean you're trying to convince people from something that isn't true. Continuously repeating the facts is a means of propaganda to argue that point of view is worth more than others, when it could be the opposite.

On 1/6/2024 at 6:47 PM, Smokiezy said:

so who i gotta pay to get some ranked pvp back again? just one of ya most watched streamers on twitch asking XD

2. You don't have to pay, freedom equal getting it and it has no prices.

23 hours ago, TheOverMind- said:

1. Can I have any ressources from what you're saying or is it just a hypotetical confirmation? I'm wondering because several people are always bringing the same argument, so I guess there's a reason? I try to find out. Otherwise if you just say that because you mean of it that would mean you're trying to convince people from something that isn't true. Continuously repeating the facts is a means of propaganda to argue that point of view is worth more than others, when it could be the opposite.

But we aren't speculating, they nuked it therefor it wasn't worth the investment, plain and simple. I hate that they had to remove ranked in order to get combat styles to work, but I can't change it and neither do you.

A good question would be why WoW is standing up with their ranked and not swtor. WoW is much older and had more toxic behaviors overall because they also have more people. It is clear that there is an unfair balance about this. It wasn't deeply enough discuss despite they explained why they removed it. WoW developpers could say the same thing if they wanted the removal of their ranked. We must ask ourself if the problem was the number of subscibers or was it only just 1 person that convinced an entire group or a whole group itself.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Xerekfell said:

Devs never cared about pvp in the first place.

This is the right answer. Ranked only got to the sorry state it was in because of neglect. And PvP nowadys is at risk to suffer the same fate. If they do not announce PvP content in the next stream I'm very likely gonna cancel my sub. The PvP community this game still has is here despite the devs, not because of them.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 11:31 AM, Whykara said:

This is the right answer. Ranked only got to the sorry state it was in because of neglect. And PvP nowadys is at risk to suffer the same fate. If they do not announce PvP content in the next stream I'm very likely gonna cancel my sub. The PvP community this game still has is here despite the devs, not because of them.

Anyone who thinks that ranked EVER worked either hasn't been around since the beginning or they have some very foggy nostalgic memories that don't match up with reality.

From the very beginning, ranked was designed with an ELO system that was meant to be used on a playerbase that is 10 times bigger than the one this game had at its peak. Because the playerbase has never been big enough to support an ELO system, what you often got was players with 800 rating being paired against players with 2,200 rating.

I was once the top ranked assassin on Jung Ma and I never really felt like my rating meant anything because of how poorly teams were assembled. Any chance of ranked being good or working properly went out the window a month after launch when 500,000 people unsubscribed at once due to lack of PVE content. BioWare should have realized that during their pre-season 1 period that seemed to go on forever. The interest just wasn't there.

Ranked is gone because it was bad. That's the only reason. A handful of people on a message board trying to gaslight everyone will never fool the developers because they have the actual telemetry data.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HaoZhao said:

Anyone who thinks that ranked EVER worked either hasn't been around since the beginning or they have some very foggy nostalgic memories that don't match up with reality.

From the very beginning, ranked was designed with an ELO system that was meant to be used on a playerbase that is 10 times bigger than the one this game had at its peak. Because the playerbase has never been big enough to support an ELO system, what you often got was players with 800 rating being paired against players with 2,200 rating.

I was once the top ranked assassin on Jung Ma and I never really felt like my rating meant anything because of how poorly teams were assembled. Any chance of ranked being good or working properly went out the window a month after launch when 500,000 people unsubscribed at once due to lack of PVE content. BioWare should have realized that during their pre-season 1 period that seemed to go on forever. The interest just wasn't there.

Ranked is gone because it was bad. That's the only reason. A handful of people on a message board trying to gaslight everyone will never fool the developers because they have the actual telemetry data.

what he said

11 hours ago, HaoZhao said:

what you often got was players with 800 rating being paired against players with 2,200 rating

I mean this is just half the truth though, the reality is that the 800 rated gamer will have a 2k player (or 3 1600s) while the 2200 player will have 800 rated gamers in his team too. 

52 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

I mean this is just half the truth though, the reality is that the 800 rated gamer will have a 2k player (or 3 1600s) while the 2200 player will have 800 rated gamers in his team too. 

No, this was never how it worked. I've been on teams with players all 1,500 rating against teams where at least one player was sub-1000 rating. Match maker has never been that discriminate. It tries to role balance and after that, it's really not picky. On Ebon Hawk, I remember one nasty troll who purposely lost every game and got away with it for months before he finally got banned for trolling. He must have been at near zero rating and there was definitely no one else close to his rating on the entire server.

54 minutes ago, HaoZhao said:

No, this was never how it worked. I've been on teams with players all 1,500 rating against teams where at least one player was sub-1000 rating. Match maker has never been that discriminate. It tries to role balance and after that, it's really not picky. On Ebon Hawk, I remember one nasty troll who purposely lost every game and got away with it for months before he finally got banned for trolling. He must have been at near zero rating and there was definitely no one else close to his rating on the entire server.

in season 13 and 14 this was how it worked, to be fair they did redo matchmaking between your and my experience. I did surf this matchmaking a bit on my higher rated toons to get low rated, but good players on their alts into my teams, of course there is some rest rng, but it only takes 60% winrate to get to gold. In season 14 it was very obvious and well known that it was harder to go from 1400 -> 1500 than from 1200 -> 1400, just because of the matchmaking. With 2600 games in the last pvp season I would say my experience is more relevant that yours. Respectfully. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 6:35 PM, HaoZhao said:

8 vs 8 worked.. worked well. Wasn't terrible at all.. people mini maxed..  and best guilds played each other with different combinations. Was starting to be considered a new Esport.. then boom taken away because those players got sick of same maps, lack of balance ect. Then 4 man ranked came.. win trading.. trolls which BTW was acid trolls who wouldn't do nothing till acid came out.. or trolls who would lose on purpose ect..  Community is the reason we lost it.. but also lack of content to provide a better playing experience.  Maybe if they bought something back for ranked to punish the trolls and win traders as well have a platform to start over.. you know smarter people behind it then just maybe it could be something.. pipe dreaming here..

Edited by Real_Zacious