Currency Annoyances

evassister

First is the fact that you receive notifications after a certain point every single time you loot that currency. Either make it happen at certain intervals or remove it entirely. Second is the fact that you can still get that currency after capping it. If you reached max of any currency, then you should stop getting it until you are below cap again.

Do you want escrow to be removed from the game or do you want F2P and preferred players to be unable to pick up or collect credits from gtn and mail? I'm asking because you didn't say you were only talking about tech fragments.

Edited by Anhkriva

34 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

Personally, I'd rather they just raise the tech fragment limits to 99,999. I assume there was a reason for such a low 11k limit, but I have no idea what it was and I don't see the point.

Most likely to keep people from stockpiling them before an expansion to be able to fully upgrade immediately thus bypassing the grind BW/BS intended to stretch out game-play since expansions are so limited in content.

3 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

Personally, I'd rather they just raise the tech fragment limits to 99,999. I assume there was a reason for such a low 11k limit, but I have no idea what it was and I don't see the point.

The cap was originally set at 3,000 which was the exact cost of a set piece item.

Players complained about always having to 'waste' frags (since you were highly unlikely to hit the cap exactly), so the cap was boosted to 5,000

Then the cap was boosted to 10,000, but ran into the same 'wastage' issue with the OEM/RPM component turn-in costing exactly 10,000 frags.

So finally, it was raised to the current 11,000 fragment cap.

Personally, I'd prefer it if the 'approaching the cap' warning just actually told you how close you actually are...

2 hours ago, Ominovin said:

Personally, I'd prefer it if the 'approaching the cap' warning just actually told you how close you actually are...

Seems that after 9K tech frags you get that message.  Everytime you get some either from mob drops or de-constructing after running 3 Flashpoints 

49 minutes ago, kgaydos said:

Seems that after 9K tech frags you get that message.  Everytime you get some either from mob drops or de-constructing after running 3 Flashpoints 

The warnings start at 80% of the cap, or 8,800 / 11,000 for Tech fragments.

7 hours ago, DWho said:

Most likely to keep people from stockpiling them before an expansion to be able to fully upgrade immediately thus bypassing the grind BW/BS intended to stretch out game-play since expansions are so limited in content.

if they dont want this to be a situation they'll just do currency resets/conversions like basically every other expansion had

though I guess 7.0 kinda sidestepped that by having the primary tech frag grind on day 1 be the 39k (more than 3x the cap) total to get a pair of 330 implants

but yes, largely the caps are there so that you actually spend things rather than just stockpiling forever and ever like one of those rotbrained hoarders that they have schadenfreude reality TV shows about

1 hour ago, recalcitrantIre said:

if they dont want this to be a situation they'll just do currency resets/conversions like basically every other expansion had

though I guess 7.0 kinda sidestepped that by having the primary tech frag grind on day 1 be the 39k (more than 3x the cap) total to get a pair of 330 implants

but yes, largely the caps are there so that you actually spend things rather than just stockpiling forever and ever like one of those rotbrained hoarders that they have schadenfreude reality TV shows about

The problem is that once you have purchased your upgrades, you don't have a good use for any further fragments so they just pile up until you either Cap out or spend them on OEM/RPM modules to sell on the GTN.

When 7.4 dropped, I personally had enough 'box of 200 tech frags' stocked up on my alts to fully upgrade the Implants on my 11 active characters:  I had these 'boxes' because I had nothing else to spend my Conquest Tokens on and figured it would be better to hold onto them for the next ilvl increase than use them right away to make more credits that I didn't really need anyway...

Remember that implant costs are reduced once you equip a pair of max level ones on any one of your characters.  Assuming you are starting with two 334 implants on a character, the prices should be:

• 2,500 tech frags for the 336 upgrade (the 7.2 discount is earned by having 334 implants, but applies through 336).
  • 6,500 tech frags for the first two 338 upgrades, then 2,500 tech frags for any additional ones.
  • 6,500 tech frags for the first two 340 upgrades, then 2,500 tech frags for any additional ones.

The 7.4 upgrades should cost 31,000 tech frags for the first pair, and then 15,000 tech frags for each additional pair (on any character in your legacy).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.