Story Bugged in Old Wounds (7.3 Interpreter's Retreat Area)?

arunav

I've been catching up on the last story update, in order to do the current one, and the story is seemingly stuck once reaching the Voss Interpreter's Retreat area.

The main quest says I need to finish tasks in the area, but there are no quests on the daily board, besides the Shrine of Silence Flashpoint, or anywhere else. If it matters, I'm on my main Republic character.

I think something about a bug like this was on the forums when 7.3 was released, but I couldn't find a fix or workaround. 

Is there one? As it stands, my main character can't move forward in the story. 

Thanks for any input or advice. I've written an in-game ticket for help, but it's the week of Christmas.

EDIT: was able to finish the stage of the quest that it was on - essentially, the new update reset the stage of where Old Wounds had progressed to, and the map markers for where to go, nor the quest log, indicated what to complete to progress. After completing the quest it was on before the update, after searching the map for something quest-related, the main quests move forward correctly.

Thank you to anyone who responded or read this, and please delete if necessary. The problem has worked itself out. 

Edited by arunav

All instances are red, i.e. can't enter the Gormak work camp, can't actually move the quest forward/speak to any NPCs in the main landing area. 

I think the issue is I started the first part of the quest once, speaking to Malgus, and then the update occurred, and now it's bugged out. 

• 2 months later...

Really really need help for this.  My game is completely stuck and can not progress.   I have tried all the usual trick by now.. logging out and back in, resetting the mission.. all that.  Nothing works.

Help!

52 minutes ago, xmarcusprimex said:

Really really need help for this.  My game is completely stuck and can not progress.   I have tried all the usual trick by now.. logging out and back in, resetting the mission.. all that.  Nothing works.

Help!

Did you start the story/quest back when it originally came out?  What does your quests say exactly?

27 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Did you start the story/quest back when it originally came out?  What does your quests say exactly?

No, I started it for the first time 2 days ago. Just finished Rhunek with Heta and Shae.  The quest says only "complete tasks for the Shrine Restoration Initiative" and then the quest board ONLY has the flashppint.   Nothing shows on the map where to go or what to do.

8 minutes ago, xmarcusprimex said:

No, I started it for the first time 2 days ago. Just finished Rhunek with Heta and Shae.  The quest says only "complete tasks for the Shrine Restoration Initiative" and then the quest board ONLY has the flashppint.   Nothing shows on the map where to go or what to do.

Double check you don’t have the quests from the board already just not tracked.  Also , there should be two quests dealing with the area at this point.  What does the other one say?

2 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Double check you don’t have the quests from the board already just not tracked.  Also , there should be two quests dealing with the area at this point.  What does the other one say?

I have no other quest. Only this one.

35 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

What was the last thing they had you do there?

I met with Sana Rae and Arcann in the main Voss normal area, then went to the Interpretor's Retreat.  then found the quest board, which only has the flashpoint.

1 minute ago, xmarcusprimex said:

I met with Sana Rae and Arcann in the main Voss normal area, then went to the Interpretor's Retreat.  then found the quest board, which only has the flashpoint.

After you get to the Interpreter's Retreat you have to go talk to the Voss and the Gormak NPCS in the instance right by the quest board. 

4 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

After you get to the Interpreter's Retreat you have to go talk to the Voss and the Gormak NPCS in the instance right by the quest board. 

The instance is red and wont let me enter.

5 hours ago, xmarcusprimex said:

There's got to be something.  The job board doesn't unlock until after you have done a couple other things.  Did you talk to Arcann before leaving the instance?  Did you already talk to the two NPCs in the instance in the Retreat?  Without being able to see your game, its hard to figure out what exact point you are at.

13 hours ago, xmarcusprimex said:

If you've tried everything, you might consider sending in a support ticket. They can advance the mission to the next part.

7 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Do you have a quest called 'Work Amok' in your journal or any other purple quests?

no.

I'm just going to submit a ticket to support, thank you for trying to help me though, it was greatly appreciated. Its just something buggy on my end.

1 hour ago, xmarcusprimex said:

I'm just going to submit a ticket to support,

Its just something buggy on my end.

If you get bored waiting for in-game CSR to respond,  please post a screenshot of your Quest Journal missions list  as well as  your current area mission description ui  + area map markers

( It's very hard to remote troubleshoot on forums without seeing videos/screenshots  tbqh )