Request for Boiling Point Heal Buff in Star Wars: The Old Republic

RikuvonDrake

Hey!

I am writing to bring attention to an aspect of the Powertech Pyrotech's gameplay in Star Wars: The Old Republic that, in my opinion, could benefit from a slight adjustment. Specifically, I would like to discuss the interaction between the Boiling Point passive ability and Kolto Overload, and propose a modest buff to the healing output.

As it stands, the Boiling Point ability, when used in conjunction with Kolto Overload, currently heals allies for 1760, which seems to be disproportionately low when considering the current state of the game and the health pools of characters, averaging around 435,000. I believe that a careful reevaluation of this healing mechanic is warranted, and here are some key points to support my request for a buff:

1. Relative Inefficacy: Given the current health levels of characters in the game, the healing provided by Boiling Point in conjunction with Kolto Overload appears to be relatively insignificant. This makes the ability less impactful in group situations, where substantial healing is often required to support teammates.

2. Role and Team Contribution: Powertech Pyrotechs, when played as DPS, should not be solely focused on dealing damage but should also contribute meaningfully to the team's survival. Strengthening the healing aspect of Boiling Point aligns with the broader goal of encouraging diverse playstyles and fostering cooperative team dynamics.

3. Class Identity: Each class in Star Wars: The Old Republic possesses unique strengths and abilities that contribute to its distinctive identity. Empowering the healing potential of Boiling Point reinforces the identity of the Pyrotech specialization as a versatile and supportive class, capable of both dealing damage and providing substantial healing support when needed.

4. Player Feedback: As an active member of the Star Wars: The Old Republic community, I've noticed that there is a sentiment among players that the healing output of Boiling Point could be more substantial. A slight buff to this aspect of the ability could address player concerns and enhance the overall gaming experience.

Considering these points, I kindly request that the development team take a closer look at the healing output of Boiling Point when used with Kolto Overload and consider implementing a modest buff to better align with the evolving dynamics of the game. This adjustment would not only address current player feedback but also contribute to a more balanced and engaging gameplay experience for Powertech Pyrotech players and their teammates.

I appreciate your time and attention to this matter, and I trust that the development team will carefully consider the potential benefits of a targeted adjustment to enhance the overall gameplay experience for the Powertech Pyrotech class.

May the Force be with you,

Edited by RikuvonDrake
spelling mistakes
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ilurkin said:

I would agree with these points, PT at the moment feels completely meh to play...

Agreed. It would be fine if PT's could actually do good damage. There's actually a website called Parsely where people use this program called StarParse, and then measure their Damage Per Second on the Operations Training Dummy on fleet or their Rishi stronghold. The top parses are almost all Hatred assassins! Nobody would bring PT to an Operation if Hatred is just that much better.

Obviously not every class can be the top DPS but PT really needs some buffs to be more viable in Operations.

Edited by Argure
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Argure said:

Agreed. It would be fine if PT's could actually do good damage. There's actually a website called Parsely where people use this program called StarParse, and then measure their Damage Per Second on the Operations Training Dummy on fleet or their Rishi stronghold. The top parses are almost all Hatred assassins! Nobody would bring PT to an Operation if Hatred is just that much better.

Obviously not every class can be the top DPS but PT really needs some buffs to be more viable in Operations.

AP could do with a bit more damage perhaps, but Pyrotech is perfectly fine as far as dps is concerned. Dummy parses don't do them justice, as in actual fights you'll get a lot more damage. Here's a couple of reasons why:

- Thermal Yield actually gets to stack up in fights, giving you a 10% damage boost with a 50% uptime (rather than 2% damage boost with ~16.7% uptime on dummy). 

- Pyro Shield makes you deal damage when you take damage. Great for getting some extra damage in. 

- Close and Personal makes you vent heat when taking damage, leading to less basic attacks and more flame bursts, so more damage.

All these things together means dummy parses are a poor reflection of Pyrotech's damage potential in raids, which is quite high. Which is why it is quite a popular class in raids. Its biggest downside has nothing to do with damage, but is its lack of a self-cleanse.