The new dyes are beyond a rip-off

Each new dye on the Market currently costs 1,750 cartel coins to buy. 

For the sake of reference, 2,400 CC is equal to $20 on the store at the moment.

Allowing for this calculation to be $1 = 120 CC, to buy just one of these, you'll need to spend approximately $15 just to get ahold of one.

To make this worse, not only are these dyes exorbitantly expensive and are time gated (after which they'll go into packs, prompting limited supplies and ridiculous GTN prices), but Bioware and Broadsword are still maintaining the practice of these being one-time use dyes. So once you use this $15 dyes even one time, you need to cough up enough to get another one.

It's a gross practice that even some of the most microtransaction-heavy games out there don't do. Many, including most Triple A games, give you these dyes for free or at the very least let you use these dyes either A) infinitely, or B) a certain number of times.

At least with a lightsaber or armour, you can reuse them or grab them from Collections. With these, you use them once and they're gone.

At the very least, Cartel Market dyes should be reuseable a couple or a few times before being destroyed if you're going to ask players to cost more than most armour sets (1,440) to use them.

Edited by A_Guy_Called_Bob
  • Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 4:03 PM, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Then don't  buy them.  Dyes are a purely cosmetic item.

There are times I think players lust after the expensive cartel dyes, not because the actually look all that much better then other dyes, but purely becuase they're expensive and therefore "must be good".

I don't know, that Gold and White dye looks pretty sweet on the BBA hunter armor, a lot better then most other dyes.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, A_Guy_Called_Bob said:

Each new dye on the Market currently costs 1,750 cartel coins to buy.

To make this worse, not only are these dyes exorbitantly expensive and are time gated (after which they'll go into packs, prompting limited supplies and ridiculous GTN prices),

It's a gross practice that even some of the most microtransaction-heavy games out there don't do.

At the very least, Cartel Market dyes should be reuseable a couple or a few times before being destroyed if you're going to ask players to cost more than most armour sets (1,440) to use them.

i totally agree  and imo  these new CM dyes ( or any CM items tbqh )  should be unlocked as  limited count  versions of:

• Legacy wide for X amount of characters
  • Craftable schematics for X amount of uses

But since EA  thinks of the  Cartel Market  is being SWTOR's  essential Content Market$ ,  well , here we are.

I will definitely say, they would make a hell of a lot more money off me if I could buy these dyes and reuse them.  Because I am buying 0 right now, but would buy one of every single new dye if I could reuse them (like, remove from an item and reuse OR add to collections).  Hell, if they made them reusable I would pay MORE than 1750.  But I will never pay that price for a single use item. 

The time gating is also ludicrous, they old black/blacks and stuff are in the store permanently, these should be too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

The time gating is also ludicrous, they old black/blacks and stuff are in the store permanently, these should be too.

I agree, the time gating doesn't make sense.  Premium dyes should be always available.

It's bad business too I'd think, since more people are probably willing to pay direct then to play the gambling game with ultimate crates.

• Like 1