7.4 GTN Revamp - Feedback and Reactions after going live!

ElariaSing

TO: SWTOR Player Community and any Dev Team Members Listening...

I would love to have actual feedback and reactions to the 7.4 GTN revamp now that it is live. We as a community need to voice our opinions on this issue loud and clear in a specific Forum Topic section. Hopefully the Dev Team will actually listen to these comments and not pass them over and force this revamp to continue in the direction it is going.

SO...

1> Do you like the taxes/fees for buyers?

2> Do you like the % (the total real/marginal amount) a buyer is taxed for a purchase?

3> Do you like the taxes/fees charged sellers to list items on the GTN?

4> Do you like the % (the total real/marginal amount) a seller is charged to list items on the GTN?

5> Should the Tax/Fee charged sellers be refundable in any of the following...

a. all fees refundable regardless of cancellation or time out for non-sale,

b. refund for time out for non-sale only

6> Should the old system of claiming purchases, sale items, and/or credits by mail be reinstated?

7> Do you like having to return to a GTN terminal to pick up your claimed Items/Credits instead of being able to claim them in the mail.

8> Does this new GTN revamp make you want to sell items on GTN...

a. Yes

b. No

c. Don't Care or Don't use GTN anyway

9> Do you like the forced purchase of lowest price on GTN that promotes dirty tactics, and undercutting?

10> Do you like the removal of seller names (thus obfuscating and hiding predatory and bad actors from being able to be noticed and/or reported)?

11> Comments on Does the 7.4 GTN revamp actually do anything to solve, fix, or benefit the economy?

12> Comments on what can be done to ACTUALLY improve the GTN, Economy and or Community?

13> Should Trade/Mail taxes/fees be eliminated?

a. Yes,

b. No,

c. Reduced,

14> Comments Re: Does the 7.4 GTN revamp and/or the Trade/Mail Taxes and Fees make it easier or harder to help new players, friends, guild members, strangers?

15> Comments on how to fix 7.4 GTN revamp, and the trade/mail system and the economy in General... (if needed)?

SWTOR Friends and Community, thank you for your time and help in compiling a target feedback in response to the 7.4 GTN revamp forced upon us, my sincere hope is that through community and cooperation we can make SWTOR the best it can be for a sustained future for all of us who love the SWTOR and the Star Wars I.P.

May the Force Be With You Always!

Edited by ElariaSing
Fix Typos

if i read all the threads that have been make so far all about the new GTN then i can tell you from it that people are not happy about it at all that there have make a lot of mistake's by the design from it.

and also some of this questions are pointles to ask since there never going to chance that at all like the trade tax and mail tax and there have also notting to do with the GTN at all.

also the GTN thread on the PTS section tells also all much about the problems and chance there need to make.

Good Day,

The Following is my Direct and Honest answers to the questions compiled from above.
FYI:: this kind of specific answer DATA is useful for the Dev team and others who are trying to make decisions regarding the future of SWTOR, and your participation and specific answers do help them see how people feel about specific parts of an ongoing issue. Thank you in advance for your help, support and honest feedback.

1> NO - I do not like the new GTN taxes/fees.

2> NO - the percentages of the Buyer Tax is way too high (it should not even be there) but if it must remain please lower the tax to 1-5% Flat Tax

3> NO - i do not like the seller fee being applied (entirely because it is non-refundable if an Item sale is timed out or undercut by just 1 credit)

4> NO - I do not like the percentage cost of the seller fee (I would be fine and adjust to the higher end cost IF AND ONLY IF it was refundable for items that time out)

5> - A - All Fees charge to the seller should be refundable, 1- due to the fact that being undercut by 1 credit or more is not our fault, and thus we should not be punished for trying to re-list an item to compete, and 2 - there should never be a punishment for listing an item and it not selling = item sale time out.

6> YES - the old system (which looks to still be in place but disabled) should immediately be resumed, having to travel the galaxy to find a GTN terminal (costing time and credits) should never be a forced only option. It is convenient if you are standing right next to a GTN but any where else having the option to just click claim in your mailbox is a benefit [vs the punishment it seems to be as is]. (or make an in game personal portable GTN terminal FOR FREE like the mail droid, so we can claim items on the fly)

7> NO - having to stop what I am doing, travel somewhere in the galaxy costing time and credits is not convenient, and really seems like a punishment rather than a benefit.

8> NO- in fact, because of the new Taxes/Fees and due to the undercutting, predatory players, and bad actors using the new GTN I am not going to continue to use the GTN and will be reassessing my subscription and CC purchases in the near future.

9> NO - while convenient in some instances, having the FORCED LOWEST PRICE PURCHASE has just created a deeper market for predatory players and bad actors on the GTN. and it is a Bad idea all around UNLESS the DEVS were to make the seller fees refundable then it would be a manageable experience.

10> NO - not being able to identify the predatory players and bad actors is a massive problem (and since the advertising of credit sellers on the new APAC server has begun, it shows that hiding these names has enabled them to continue the practice in a new environment without consequence), also not being able to Identify alt chars items is an inconvenience. A BAD DECISION EVERY WHICH WAY.

11> NO, I do not see how the new 7.4 GTN revamp helps "fix" the economy in any way, or the WHY behind the decisions, from what I have seen so far the revamp just enable the predatory players and bad actors to hide in secret and continue their actions with greater efficiency, thus, creating a new form of broken economy which is already out of balance and has spilled over and effected the new "fresh and clean" APAC server... a very bad Idea as it is implemented now....

12> At the minimum to fix this revamp and help the community stabilize the economy within itself === 1> make seller fees refundable, 2> lower the taxes/fees for buyers, 3> remove the taxes and fees for trade/mail transactions, 4> put in actual beneficial credit sink options such as unlocks, QOL items, and or CM/Cosmetic Items, Special Currency purchases/exchange for credits.

13> YES - Eliminate the trade/mail tax entirely, or at a minimum reduce it to a manageable flat fee for every eligible item.

14> These taxes/fees make it massively harder to help new players, friends and/or guild members, almost impossible in fact to sustain a constant giving perspective, (and in my opinion probably the quickest way to kill SWTOR is by punishing and alienating new players and the helper community)

15> See above answers... but additional comments could go here..

Thank you DEVS and community for taking the time to read and respond,

SWTOR player Friends.. it would be a great help and benefit if you took the time to respond to the above survey with specific answers so the Dev team can get precise feedback on certain issues regarding the 7.4 GTN revamp and the "Economic Initiative" in general...

Thank You again for your help and support,

May the Force be with YOU ALWAYS! 🙂

• Like 1

So, I'm not answering every question, because I just don't have a solid opinion on some of these.

6> Should the old system of claiming purchases, sale items, and/or credits by mail be reinstated?

I think this should be an option within the GTN, that you can choose which one you prefer. Either send items/credits in the mail, collect items/credits from GTN and don't send mail, or for those who like the current option of send email notifications and collect items/credits from GTN.

7> Do you like having to return to a GTN terminal to pick up your claimed Items/Credits instead of being able to claim them in the mail.

I'm personally not a fan of it, in it's current iteration. The SELL tab needs a 'Claim All' option, though.

8> Does this new GTN revamp make you want to sell items on GTN...

It doesn't change my mind either way. I use it to sell items that I don't need.

9> Do you like the forced purchase of lowest price on GTN that promotes dirty tactics, and undercutting?

Maybe. Truth is, it was already like that, but I don't think it encourages people to do this, if they aren't already that type of seller. I personally undercut up to 2M on every item that I list, based on the cost, but I never go lower than a 200 drop (and that's for the 1k listings).

10> Do you like the removal of seller names (thus obfuscating and hiding predatory and bad actors from being able to be noticed and/or reported)?

I'm not a fan of the removal, but I rarely noticed them before, and I almost didn't notice that they were removed.

15> Comments on how to fix 7.4 GTN revamp, and the trade/mail system and the economy in General... (if needed)?

There are a few things that I noticed, that impede my use of the new GTN:

• It regularly states that I cannot list BoE items, even items that I could equip
  • Advanced Search should contain a filter to remove 'Already Owned' so that we can more easily find cartel items that are not yet in our Collection
  • Buy Slots? Is there now a limit to how many items a person can buy? Is it tied to character, Legacy, account? Why would I need to buy more of these? Why is it limited for Subscribers at all?
  • If 'Armor' and 'Cartel Market Items' are both Categories, then Subcategory for 'Cartel Market Items' needs to include 'Armor' or 'Armor Sets'. Tunings are also not listed in Subcategory.
  • Unable to select which item you want to buy. Sometimes, people don't want to buy the -1 credit listing, and would like to be able to purchase whichever item they choose.
  • Cursor no longer defaults to the price box, so I am now typing into the void half the time, not realizing that I now have to click in the box before typing.
  • GTN still does not remember my setting between sessions. It should remember that I last selected '7 Days' as the duration, and what my prices were for an item during that gaming session. If I get a duplicate item during that session, I shouldn't have to reselect those options.
  • If I click on my sale item, it should take me to the listings for that item, so I can check to see if I am currently the lowest price.
  • Losing the listing fee feels pretty bad, especially if I am the lowest price, and even more if I have tried to sell the item multiple times.

There might be more, but this was what I could think of for now.

Edited by WHTJunior

• 1 month later...

Even if they do nothing else, they should eliminate taxes on trading if there are no credits involved. I got back into the game in late Dec  and got some family members into/back into the game with the offer of assistance since I had a decent amount of creds (in the millions not billions), but if I want to spend my creds to get them good looking gear, give them old cartel dyes I have had sitting on a toon for years, it costs in the hundreds of thousands if not the millions to give it to them. You cannot tell me if they can scale level to planet they can not charge a tax if no credits are involved. Unless this is not about avoiding a GTN tax.