Items crafted with Augment slot looses it when listing them on GTN

Grendel_Echo

I wonder why did I spent credits on Legacy of Crafting I+II+III to get extra 3% chance of an augmented result, if now game takes away this empty augment slot when listing crafted items to GTN?

Is it new or old issue? 

Even without connecting this to Legacy Crafting it seems illogical at least.

Screenshot_2023-12-05_22_25_03_393235.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-05_22_24_20_908081.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-05_22_31_24_573875.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-05_22_25_53_369691.jpg

Edited by Grendel_Echo

Per text posted regarding Test server changes, I think this is not a bug, just a really, really bad game design.

You can view this as yet another crafting nerf where we work for a spc'l feature, sometimes pay for for it, then it gets taken away w/o any compensation or exchange of a comparable feature.  It's almost like whoever's driving this bus has a big hate-on with crafting, go figure.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grendel_Echo said:

How this is not a bug? Seems like another reason to avoid using sales via GTN, but rather by WTS option, while in a same time avoiding taxes.

By selling with direct emailing I bet the item will not loose it's precious augment slot.

As others have already informed you, this change is intended, not a bug.  Apparently you (and many others) weren't paying attention when this change was announced and available for review on the PTS.

Yes, you should be able to trade crafted items with augment slots between players or via in-game mail COD without losing the augmentation slot.  However the game will still assess a transaction fee even if you use one of these methods.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, JoeStramaglia said:

Additional Changes:

• Due to some backend changes we no longer support items with random stat allocations  on the Galactic Trade Network. These are primarily world drops from leveling up to 70. These will continue to be tradable and marketable versions of their appearances will eventually be made available in game wherever they are not currently.
  • Similarly in the case of Crafted Augmented Gear, we will still allow the gear to be sold but the Augmentation Slot will be removed. We will warn you in this case before you list the item