The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shadow quality causes flickering on character models.

VirazolKaine

2 minutes ago, Sveine said:

Pretty sure I saw this before the most recent patch.

I am currently playing a character and recording all the cutscenes (even side quests), and this specific bug most definitely appeared with today's patch. I just looked at my recordings yesterday pre-patch to compare. So this definitely happened with the patch.

• Like 2

I have this problem as well, and definitely didn't have it before - I film my game play too and this wasn't happening prior to 7.4, and I'm now so sensitive to the Voss grass thing, I'm very much on high alert for unusual sparkles/jaggies/distortion.

It's not just on characters, it affects surfaces too. Will also take vid and post when game is back up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I somehow managed to FIX the problem, not sure exactly what it was that I did however I was messing around with the game resolution settings and swapped from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080, then back to 2560x1440. Also I swapped between windowed fullscreen and regular fullscreen which left me with a BLACK unresponsive screen, I had to force close the application. When I reloaded the game it was on windowed fullscreen (which I wanted) and 2560x1440 resolution (which I wanted) and miraculously the low-rez flickering shadow issue on faces during conversation is GONE and shadows appear to be working properly now.

It's still present to an extremely minimal degree but nowhere near as bad as the video I posted earlier. This is probably the way the devs intended it now.

Just to confirm, I still have all settings on ultra/high (or whatever the highest setting is for that option), including enhanced shadows.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, clericz said:

Ok so I somehow managed to FIX the problem, not sure exactly what it was that I did however I was messing around with the game resolution settings and swapped from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080, then back to 2560x1440. Also I swapped between windowed fullscreen and regular fullscreen which left me with a BLACK unresponsive screen, I had to force close the application. When I reloaded the game it was on windowed fullscreen (which I wanted) and 2560x1440 resolution (which I wanted) and miraculously the low-rez flickering shadow issue on faces during conversation is GONE and shadows appear to be working properly now.

It's still present to an extremely minimal degree but nowhere near as bad as the video I posted earlier. This is probably the way the devs intended it now.

Just to confirm, I still have all settings on ultra/high (or whatever the highest setting is for that option), including enhanced shadows.

Tried this and I still have the flickering issue.