7.4 Launch Date?

Wolvesgaar

8 hours ago, Toraak said:

They took the PTS down more then 2 weeks ago actually. I still expect the patch either 12/5/23, or 12/12/23

Ahh okay that's good to know. The devs in the past few years have been pretty good about promptly releasing patches shortly after taking the test server down. I'd expect 7.4 very soon then. 

Why on earth do people want a major-ish upgrade to the game just before a holiday when there are likely to be even less people around to fix any issues?

I'd much rather they left things alone so the game is stable over the holiday period.

December 12 seems the most likely to me.

Life Day was December 15, 2020, then December 14, 2021, then December 13, 2022 with Ruhnuk update.

December 12, 2023 is the closest Tuesday in the same time frame as those.

The update has to come out before Life Day because 7.4 adds at least 1 item to the Life Day vendor. Also, the new screenshot decorations are added to Anniversary Vendor.

Edited by ThanderSnB
Fixed start date for Life Day 2022.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

2022 continued on from 2021, no start date for Life Day in December that year, but the Ruhnuk update came out December 13, 2022.

Life day started on the 13th of last year.   The anniversary vender was available all year but Life day and it’s associated vendor wasn’t. I do agree that the 12th is the most likely date for the patch. 

7 hours ago, Tantala said:

Why on earth do people want a major-ish upgrade to the game just before a holiday when there are likely to be even less people around to fix any issues?

I'd much rather they left things alone so the game is stable over the holiday period.

Its going to happen even if people don’t want it. They have somewhat of a habit of releasing patches right before the Christmas holidays.  Most are speculating on when it will happen and hoping that it will be early enough they can fix any major bugs before the holidays. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StephenAlberts said:

Seeing how patches have moved to Wednesday, I see either the 6th or the 13th.  Also, at least the Life Day updates will go in although they could go in as a 7.3.1.b.

What are you talking about?   7.3.1 was on a Tuesday. Yes, 7.3.1a was on a Wednesday but 7.3.1b was on a Tuesday again. Saying that they have moved the patches to Wednesday from that is wrong. 

Edited by Darcmoon

2 hours ago, PeterGun-SWE said:

The focus on Best in View from the Dev's says a lot! So I'm not so keen on continuing my subscription!

Please @JackieKo

When will we get a honest update on 7.4?

Same this starting to get very tedious. Tomorrow December starts and the minimum sub time i can buy (before 2023 ends) is exactly one month, yet we have absolutely nothing about the definitive release date. Should i resub? i really really doubt it. Hope there's an announcement tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, psikofunkster said:

Same this starting to get very tedious. Tomorrow December starts and the minimum sub time i can buy (before 2023 ends) is exactly one month, yet we have absolutely nothing about the definitive release date. Should i resub? i really really doubt it. Hope there's an announcement tomorrow.

I don't understand your concerns about renewing your subscription.  If you don't want to renew your subscription because 7.4 hasn't been announced then don't renew it.  Seems fairly straightforward to me.  Re-sub when 7.4 gets an actual release date or when it actually gets released.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

I don't understand your concerns about renewing your subscription.  If you don't want to renew your subscription because 7.4 hasn't been announced then don't renew it.  Seems fairly straightforward to me.  Re-sub when 7.4 gets an actual release date or when it actually gets released.

Well i'm not planning to play SWTOR in 2024. This is a kind of goodbye for me, perhaps if there's enough new content by December of 2024 i will but not before, i will not grind new gear for nothing (aka new operations) and wait weeks and weeks for a little piece of new content, it makes me mental sick. 🥲

Love this game but last bioware patch so...

Edited by psikofunkster
  • Haha 2