I'm becoming a hate target for no reason lately

Zolcor

Lately when I'm on the Imperial Fleet with my Sith Warrior I just get this gut feeling that I'm feeling that people are putting me on Legacy Ignore or are just choosing to hate on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever. 

I barely speak on the Imperial Fleet or the game at all in any Chat form due to fear of inciting a toxic response, and for good reason. I just want to know what's happening to me, and if I can fix it at all.

When I do speak on the Imperial Fleet it's normally to compliment someone, and I'm usually brief about it. I'll also ask if they're having a good day or not.

15 minutes ago, MotherCrusher said:

And how exactly are people hating on you?

I asked how people are hating on you

13 minutes ago, Zolcor said:

I may watch players dance but I wont say anything so as to not annoy anyone. And I try to keep a respectable distance during those moments so I don't look pushy or get in their face. I just want to relax.

11 minutes ago, Zolcor said:

It's possible these people view me as a Player who wanders aimlessly and find it irritating :( It's unintentional.

none of these mention what it is that other people are doing, so i'm just gonna assume you're trolling now.

Some on the fleet just love to troll others. Standing at the legacy bank and watching some noob jumping over and over on people there is sort of common place. Sad but true. Stand up, stretch your legs, get some coffee or soda (I don't judge) and realize maybe it isn't about you its just people?

On 11/26/2023 at 5:39 PM, RikuvonDrake said:

sounds more like you are suffering from schizophrenic symptoms, which could be serious, you should consult a professional about your hallucinations/delusions, not type on the swtor forums

Sounds more like hugely sub-clinical paranoia(1)(2)(3), a persecution complex.

(1) Yes, schizophrenia and paranoia often go together, but not always.

(2) I've seen descriptions "from the inside" of the experience of paranoia, and OP's stuff is nothing like that.

(3) But on the other hand, I am in no way a mental health expert.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, Zolcor said:

Lately when I'm on the Imperial Fleet with my Sith Warrior I just get this gut feeling that I'm feeling that people are putting me on Legacy Ignore or are just choosing to hate on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever. 

I barely speak on the Imperial Fleet or the game at all in any Chat form due to fear of inciting a toxic response, and for good reason. I just want to know what's happening to me, and if I can fix it at all.

When I do speak on the Imperial Fleet it's normally to compliment someone, and I'm usually brief about it. I'll also ask if they're having a good day or not.

well,,its imperial fleet, generally fights and weirdness are common there, i think only place with worst toxicity are DK and coruscant (yes coruscant can get pretty toxic in late nights too, seen it), im pretty sure its more about the place you talk in than you, if you talked a lot you'd see there are really nice and helpful people as well, i've been playing for couple of years now and been on fleet often, i've seen it all from worst to best.

i know im not being very insigtful here but i just wanted to say that its probably a fleet thing rather than you, all the mentoned places get worse in late nights.

To the OP

There might be several reasons why people might react negatively, but im not saying that's your fault :

- legacy name, maybe it contains a word considered problematic or with an offensive meaning in another language? 

- companion : i've seen cases where Sith Warriors are insulted because they have Torian summoned instead of Vette

- outfit : there are players who dislike the KOTFE/ET characters/companions and might react negatively to someone dressed like Arcann, Thexan, Senya or Koth Vortena. 

My advice? Ignore them, but avoid using character/legacy name that might be considered problematic or with political meanings. 

Too many people are responding to the OP without actually reading what they wrote.  The OP didn't say other players have actually done anything at all to them.  It's all about what the OP feels, not what has actually happened.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:04 AM, Zolcor said:

I just get this gut feeling that I'm feeling that people are putting me on Legacy Ignore or are just choosing to hate on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever. 

Important part is bolded for emphasis.  A 'gut feeling' could be valid, but unless another player has actually said or done something that gut feeling is just speculation.

Also important, you do not know when someone else puts you on ignore, and unless they actually DO something how would you know that they're 'hating on you'?

On 11/26/2023 at 9:39 AM, RikuvonDrake said:

sounds more like you are suffering from schizophrenic symptoms, which could be serious, you should consult a professional about your hallucinations/delusions, not type on the swtor forums

Reminds me of that Doors song "People are Strange".

• Like 2