Races not unlocked

Kodosong

I have had all races unlocked for years but it seems I still have several that are locked on this server.  I tried to create new characters on servers where I have existing characters and all races are unlocked.  

Is this a server related issue or another issue altogether?

Thanks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kodosong said:

I have had all races unlocked for years but it seems I still have several that are locked on this server.  I tried to create new characters on servers where I have existing characters and all races are unlocked.  

Is this a server related issue or another issue altogether?

Thanks

Sadly, this is not the news you’re hoping for. The races will only be unlocked if you purchased them via cartel coins. If you opened them by playing both factions, it won’t show up on a new server because it’s legacy bound. You’ll have to wait till they allow player transfers to bring over an old character. Once that happens, all your legacy unlocks on the old servers will migrate to the new server too. 

On 11/18/2023 at 4:49 AM, BallisticKaine said:

Personally they shouldn't allow people to transfer legacy's over, or not allow credits to be transferred with characters. This is a clean slate server, fresh economy. Don't allow it to be ruined!

I disagree about not transferring your legacy & characters. There were some of us who were on the original APAC servers that were transferred off 10 years ago. We would like to bring all our stuff home. But they could limit how many credits to maybe 10-100 million per character & it wouldn’t cause too many issues. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I disagree about not transferring your legacy & characters. There were some of us who were on the original APAC servers that were transferred off 8 years ago. We would like to bring all our stuff home. But they could limit how many credits to maybe 10-100 million per character & it wouldn’t cause too many issues. 

I think I'd be more concerned about people transferring the contents of their cargo holds (specifically unbound items) than transferring their legacy. Nothing in the legacy can be sold for credits. As far as credits, with a limit per character and a cost to transfer per character, I think things would be alright. No one should be able to transfer enough credits to completely dominate the server in the short term.

I get the feeling the idea for the new server was to not only make it a APAC server but also a "fresh start" server which is why they are not allowing transfers. They could drop that restriction at some point in the future when the server population settles in.

Just now, DWho said:

I think I'd be more concerned about people transferring the contents of their cargo holds (specifically unbound items) than transferring their legacy. Nothing in the legacy can be sold for credits. As far as credits, with a limit per character and a cost to transfer per character, I think things would be alright. No one should be able to transfer enough credits to completely dominate the server in the short term.

I get the feeling the idea for the new server was to not only make it a APAC server but also a "fresh start" server which is why they are not allowing transfers. They could drop that restriction at some point in the future when the server population settles in.

I have lots of CM dyes that I don’t sell. They are there for me to use when I’m playing space barbies. I also have other items for that too. I would be very annoyed if I couldn’t bring those with me because it’s taken me several years to accumulate them. 

4 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I have lots of CM dyes that I don’t sell. They are there for me to use when I’m playing space barbies. I also have other items for that too. I would be very annoyed if I couldn’t bring those with me because it’s taken me several years to accumulate them. 

Okay, make everything transferred bound to legacy then.

On 11/17/2023 at 1:22 PM, DWho said:

The fresh-start thing is a nice novelty, but looking at the character transfer page, it looks like you can transfer to servers that have been open (or that you've had access to) for 30 days only...  I suspect after 30 days the transfer characters will arrive in droves.  Just my theory.