Why do I Explode When Getting the Inconspicuous Achievement?

rwcraigo

It took me a bit to place the achievement you were talking about...

The simple reason is that this achievement, finding the X in the Rishi stronghold, is a certifiable pain in the Hutt. You can't directly reach it by going off the platform towards it, the water is lethal and will kill you the moment you touch it. Instead, you have to follow a nearly-invisible circuitous route of jumping rocks and shimmying around pillars to get over to the far platform before you can then take the bridge there down to dry land and get the achievement. It's, frankly, annoying - more so when you consider that there's decoration hooks on the far platform that you'll have to repeat the exercise to get to if you ever really want to make use of them.

Here, have a Y-T video that shows the path;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60A6MgeKGy4&pp=ygUTc3d0b3IgaW5jb25zcGljdW91cw%3D%3D

11 minutes ago, turbomagnus said:

It took me a bit to place the achievement you were talking about...

The simple reason is that this achievement, finding the X in the Rishi stronghold, is a certifiable pain in the Hutt. You can't directly reach it by going off the platform towards it, the water is lethal and will kill you the moment you touch it. Instead, you have to follow a nearly-invisible circuitous route of jumping rocks and shimmying around pillars to get over to the far platform before you can then take the bridge there down to dry land and get the achievement. It's, frankly, annoying - more so when you consider that there's decoration hooks on the far platform that you'll have to repeat the exercise to get to if you ever really want to make use of them.

Here, have a Y-T video that shows the path;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60A6MgeKGy4&pp=ygUTc3d0b3IgaW5jb25zcGljdW91cw%3D%3D

This is an easier to do with a character that has a friendly charge:  You can just put a 'target-able personel' decoration on that far platform and friendly charge to it to get across the water (you do have to start along the path from the video to get close to the platform enough that you make the leap, but it is doable).

I also just died when I clicked on the 'x' but I already had the achievement so I don't know if that part is currently broken:  it is showing as a 0 point achievement, so it might be 'semi-retired'?