Troubles with romance in the Sith Warrior plot (Vette and Jaesa)

Adinou

9 hours ago, SoyElSenado said:

light side version of Jaesa who is not even romanceable

She is, but only once she returns post-KotFE in an alert just after Jedi Under Siege.  And only if you pay attention to the big hint she gives you when you encounter her *during* JUS.  And your character can be either male or female to do it.

But during the origin story, you're right, she's not romanceable.

Le 08/11/2023 à 03:33, SoyElSenado a dit :

Yeah I hear you. I had kind of the same thing happened (selected I want both) and lost Vette so then I just stuck with Jaesa and finished the story. Her romance is fun but it’s not “wholesome” like Vette’s I suppose. When I eventually play another SW I’ll romance Vette to experience that story.

You could always just finish the story on your current SW and later on make a new one that’s more LS which you’ll end up with light side version of Jaesa who is not even romanceable so the Vette conflict won’t happen. It’s a pretty different feel to the story as LS. Just an idea so you don’t feel like you wasted all the time on your current character. 

If I already ruined Vette's romance, is it possible to also ruin the Jaesa's one ? Because I had a dialogue where I could have kissed her or flirted with her but I didn't lol 

Unfortunately, yes.

I lost out on romancing Elara on one of my first Troopers because I didn't realise at the time that you should ALWAYS chose to flirt with and kiss your romantic interest when given the chance (especially during their Companion Stories). If you miss the wrong flirt option, it can lock-out the rest of a romance for that character.

Best advice I can give, go on Y-Tube, find a 'whichever companion' romance video and turn it on whenever you're having a conversation with the companion you want to romance and just follow along with the choices on the video...

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2023 at 5:07 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Even then.  The base game(1) didn't allow you to have more than one actual romance on the go at one time.

(1) Everything up to the end of Ilum, including Battle for(2) Ilum and False Emperor.

(2) or "of", I'm not sure.

It is annoying that there is not some kind of mechanism to reset romance flags, or have multiple romances, or have a way to switch back and force.  At least in the SW class story there is a cutscene where you can suggest having more than 1 but you get shut down on that by Vette.  Why wouldn't a 3 way be  considered between Lana and DS Jaesa though, Jaesa already said she is cool with it; and Lana being a sith should be willing to give into passion over this idea of 'love'.  

I could go on a tangent on this; why is there no way to trigger romances with 'returning' characters you get after KOTFE?  For example, my sw now has Raina and Kira; wish there was some way to get flirt options and try to trigger something with that.  How about all the other characters you had regular flirting with and then don't even join the alliance or join you as companions?  Like the Twilek major I forget her name.  

the fact this game is an MMO, which eliminates any potential modding opportunities; I wish the devs would do a little more with the story and character interactions; they are getting more and more limited as they converge the stories and try to force you down paths they need you to go.  This no longer feels like it is even a story based RPG experience.  But then again I am a solo RPG player that actually hates MMO's so it is entirely possible that this game is just not for me.  I only play for a couple of months every few years, and I am never impressed.  Usually more annoyed and bored and unsatisfied with the story then anything else.  

5 hours ago, mcguireptr said:

why is there no way to trigger romances with 'returning' characters you get after KOTFE

There is, but it's extremely restricted.

Specifically, certain romances which weren't possible (despite multiple requests) before KotFE, become possible.

Examples:

• LS Jaesa in F/F or M/F for Warriors
  • F/F with Nadia Grell for Consulars
  • F/F with Kira Carsen for Knights
  • F/M or M/M with Lord Scourge for Knights.

19 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

There is, but it's extremely restricted.

Specifically, certain romances which weren't possible (despite multiple requests) before KotFE, become possible.

Examples:

• LS Jaesa in F/F or M/F for Warriors
  • F/F with Nadia Grell for Consulars
  • F/F with Kira Carsen for Knights
  • F/M or M/M with Lord Scourge for Knights.

good point, I should have been more specific with my question; why does it need to be so restrictive?  Why is there no way to trigger a romance with say Raina if you are sith warrior that didn't romance other characters (if the idea of multiple romances was a hard "no")?  It wouldn't be that hard to do, you just have to slightly tweak the dialogue you would do with Raina in the class story.  It would be a lot of work in terms of repurposing those scenes and making them possible in cantina's etc.  But totally doable.  And that would make getting the characters during KOTEF and beyond more meaningful and far more meaningful if you decide to kill someone.  For example, I killed Aric in my play through after he disobeyed orders.  I feel this lose mean nothing because at that point there was not anymore to get out of the character anyway.  Now if he still had those companion quests available like during the class playthrough, now killing him takes on a whole new meaning.  

I am sorry, it is just laziness and profit at cost of quality thinking from Bioware.  They don't care; they just want to pump out the next fp filled expansion asap to get people to move on and hope they forget about how bad the product has been, just get ready for next product.  definitely not giving them anymore money; already dropped my subscription again; first time I subbed since 2016.  I'll give it a few years and check in again for month to see if the quality is any better.  At this rate, the game might not even be online in 3 to 5 years.  

Probably a matter of Money.

1.There is far less than when this game began.

2. Voice actors.  People don't want to see KOTOR-style dialogue for romance stories. They want to see animations fully voiced for kissy-huggy stuff.

• Like 2