The BAD Inventory Settings are Back (boooo)

Sarova

Those 4 annoying settings (COMPACT, QUALITY, VALUE and QUANTITY) have returned to our inventory 😭.  We had to battle a bit to get you to add a "none" setting before.

This is one of the most annoying aspects of the interface, so please don't let it get into live again.  Many of us have particular slots in our inventory for our items and don't need those automatically changing every time something goes into our inventory.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I noticed the same thing and came to the forum to see if I was the only one who doesn't like this. I have my own system of how I set up my inventory. Some items I just want "out of the way" at the bottom of my inventory. It would really screw me and decrease my QoL if the auto-sorting was mandatory. The worst part is, I *can* arrange everything as I like, but when I close and reopen inventory, it autosorts it again, so all my "work" is undone. I hope this gets fixed before live (could be as "simple" as putting a "None" option in the sort-dropdown).

Edited by Ulathar
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2023 at 4:21 PM, Ulathar said:

I noticed the same thing and came to the forum to see if I was the only one who doesn't like this. I have my own system of how I set up my inventory. Some items I just want "out of the way" at the bottom of my inventory. It would really screw me and decrease my QoL if the auto-sorting was mandatory. The worst part is, I *can* arrange everything as I like, but when I close and reopen inventory, it autosorts it again, so all my "work" is undone. I hope this gets fixed before live (could be as "simple" as putting a "None" option in the sort-dropdown).

Indeed.

We've had this happen before in a previous update, but I can't remember if it was fixed before it went live.  I'm hoping it's just a glitch that is confined to the PTS.

Hopefully, one of the Devs can give us an update.

Edited by Sarova

On 11/2/2023 at 3:21 AM, Ulathar said:

I’m wondering if this is a bug because this auto sorting is not happening to me? 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

There was a patch for PTS yesterday and that seems to have fixed it, actually. Now it is as on live where there's a "Sort by.." option in the drop down and if you don't select anything, it does not auto-sort. So, yay and thank you, devs. :) 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Ulathar said:

There was a patch for PTS yesterday and that seems to have fixed it, actually. Now it is as on live where there's a "Sort by.." option in the drop down and if you don't select anything, it does not auto-sort. So, yay and thank you, devs. :) 

WOOHOO! Thanks devs