pvp sucks

septru

Sat in arena que for 15 minutes today for a 5 minute arena, TWICE. I was grouped with 1 other person (2man dps group). Total waiting time was 30 minutes for 10 minutes of playing. 

Best part is, there were 2 other premades in que (one 2man and one 3man premade). They were streaming on Twitch. We didn't get against them once. Instead we got against solo players. 

This game sucks. 

Edited by septru
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, septru said:

pvp in this game is just utter trash. It's not even about the actual game experience. I'm sitting in que timers that are 3x longer than the actual game. 

And didn’t I say this was going to happen 12 months ago because BioWare were driving pvpers from the game with dumb game design features in 7.2? 

2 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

It does happen. All the time.

But, someone always comes along preaching matchmaking works fine and how making friends and joining a pre-made is a fix all.

😞 We’ve been saying it since 7.2 was released. And been told repeatedly by certain people that premades were fine and wouldn’t drive players from the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

😞 We’ve been saying it since 7.2 was released. And been told repeatedly by certain people that premades were fine and wouldn’t drive players from the game. 

Yes we have. Yes they have and yes it did.

Edited by Lord_Malganus
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2023 at 3:29 PM, septru said:

pvp in this game is just utter trash. It's not even about the actual game experience. I'm sitting in que timers that are 3x longer than the actual game. 

This is very true… The fact that they admitted last week they have a hidden mmr ranking system makes it 10x worse because they have a system to fix a ton of these issues right in front of them. Do the bare minimum. Show the rating and limit premade to 3 in arena and 7 in wz. Fixing this stuff isn’t massive developer work.

The whole point of the design philosophy around pvp seasons is obviously to increase player participation metrics which is pretty much the name of the game for mmos nowadays. Those metrics are not going to look like what they did in the past pvp seasons because of how bad these issues have gotten. PvP (not the gameplay) sucks for everybody of all skill levels atm. The only way this stuff changes is if the drop off in PvP participation and failure to meet those metrics makes upper management step in. Ultimately only bottom line/wallet stuff can make them do something about it. 

Edited by SoyElSenado
  • Sad 1