Class Rebalancing Suggestions

SentinalMasterWW

At the beginning of this year, I made a post on suggestions for Improving Mercs/Commandos. Looking back I don't like the suggestions I made. I made some suggestions that were to broken. I have thought about what good Rebalancing could be done to Classes, Without nuking one, or making one To Overpowered. Keep in mind of course these are just my thoughts, if you have suggestions, please feel free to comment. 

I also want to note that, I am not a fan of the pruning/Simplification that has been done to classes. I have made this clear in numerous posts, Ideally I'd like everything reverted back to the way it was in 6.0 where everyone had their abilities, and there was substance in classes, but we are stuck in the current state. So these are just sticking to the way the game is right now. 

Mercenary/Commando 

-Chaff Flare/ Diversion, should be given as a mainline ability, and in its place, would be the old shock Absorber Passive mod which does the Following 

Shock Absorbers - Reduces damage taken from area effects by 30%. Also, while stunned, you take 30% less damage from all sources. 

This one may be Controversial but I'd replace the One Man Army/ Tag & Bag Passive mod with the old Threat Sensors/ Suit FOE Passive mod which does the following 

Suit FOE - Increases stealth detection, melee and ranged defense by 3% and reduces the cooldown of Stealth Scan by 5 seconds. Also, when you activate Field Aid on yourself, all periodic damage taken is reduced by 30% for 12 seconds.

Let me know your thoughts if it would be To Overpowered, I'm mixed that on the one hand its not totally broken, but on the other, I don't want Merc/Commando to have all the defensives in the world. 

Gunnery/Arsenal 

-Buff the Critical hit chance & DMG of Customized round from 10% to 20%.

Sniper/Slinger 

-Buff the Energy Regulator Package to offer 2 Energy Regen while in Cover.

Engineering/Saboteur 

-Remove the 50% DMG bonus on Ionic Discharge. 

Marksman/Sharpshooter

This is hard for me to suggest buffs to, DMG obviously, but what specific abilities should be buffed, or what should change in their tree, has me a little stumped, I ask you guys for Suggestions. 

Assassin/Shadow  

-Force shroud should be given as a mainline and replaced with my suggestion of a passive mod, that makes Maul and Leaching strike Root the target for 2 secs. 

Operative/Scoundrel 

Concealment/Scoundrel 

-DMG Buff. 

Sorcerer/Sage 

-Remove the Torturous Tactics Passive, Replace it with a Passive that gives DR Reduction to friendly Targets Sorcs pull. 

--Increase Force speed from a base of 15 Secs to 30 Secs. 

Madness/Balance 

-Reduce the DMG/Healing done by Force Leach by 10%. 

Guardian/Juggernaut 

Immortal/Defense 

-Reduce the bonus DMG Passive mod to taunted targets from 50% to 10%. 

-Nerf the Antagonizing Assault mod Passive bonuses from 20% to 10%. 

Sentinels/Marauders are in a decent place, as are the Jug/Guardian DPS Specs. So I see no major changes they need. 

Again these are just some suggestions on improving the classes, while nerfing ones that are a bit too overtuned at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, meddani said:

guys and girls, he's back with awesome class changes like "pls nerf sorcs and buff mercs"

Is that really all you read into? I suggested buffing other specs as well, At least I'm trying to have a contstructive conversation. If all you reply is this, than it translates into 

I contribute nothing to conversations in this forum, I just troll XD XD LMAO

On 10/3/2023 at 3:43 PM, SentinalMasterWW said:

Is that really all you read into? I suggested buffing other specs as well, At least I'm trying to have a contstructive conversation. If all you reply is this, than it translates into 

you've proven many times that you're class changes are questionable at best, so forgive me for not reading them lol.

Edited by meddani

On 10/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, SentinalMasterWW said:

Healers are actually in a Solid Spot right now. This was one of my recent games as Commando healer. 

It mainly comes down to knowing how to maximize your healing output. 

I didn't read your changes, because it would just be the same thing at this point. But seriously, THAT is the wz you want to use to justify your claim? Like 7 people couldn't even break 1M damage IN THE ENTIRE WZ. I AFKed 2/3 of a wz yesterday and got 2.5M. Let me guess, you just stood there an casted heal over and over because no one could do enough burst or coordination to kill anyone. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/3/2023 at 3:21 PM, meddani said:

guys and girls, he's back with awesome class changes like "pls nerf sorcs and buff mercs"

thats the tldr of this entire thread isn't it, op wants the devs to buff his favorite class and nerf the classes op doesn't like/doesn't play

am sure the combat devs take such suggestions seriously 😹

• 1 month later...

Hold up a second why are the DEVS asking us for balance suggestions THEY HAVE THE INFO NOT US!!! They KNOW the targets they want us to hit, they KNOW that each class SHOULD be balanced BUT THEY REFUSE!!!! Lets be honest, it is a simple math problem. If each attack is a math problem to calculate the damage, and we know it is. IF a class is underperforming by X amount, you add a % calculation to each attack to balance to where you want to be If Gunnery is underperforming Deception by 3% then add x% to each attack to Gunnery to balance the damage WITHOUT 500 CHANGES!. You do not need to change tacticals, or attacks or Buffs/DeBuffs JUST DO MATH!!! Or more likely HIRE SOMEONE cause yalls Math history is questionable at best.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lol all mercs same?? Coz u arent first who i see crying about we need more buffs on mercs. Class got all, cc, slow imunity, reflect mostly same like force barier even better vs newbie who regen u full hp, 2 def gcd. Net for teammates to annihilate ur enemy targe in 6 seonds.

Maybe problem in u? U dont know ur class, how to kite and start fight from better position to get advantages?