Voss Cantina Quick Travel Icon Appears in Area Map but not World Map

ChadCloman

[EDIT: This happens when the area map isn't completely explored. See my posts, below.]

The quick travel icon for the Voss Cantina doesn't appear on the world map, but it does show in the Voss-Ka area map.

See attached screen prints.

swtor.png

Edited by ChadCloman
Found cause of error

I have additional information.

Please note: this bug is inconsistent in that it changes between characters. Not sure what the criteria is, but here's another screen shot from a different character, showing the qt point correctly displayed in the world map. The first player, with the bug, was power-leveled and hasn't made it to Voss in the story. Both were imperial characters, both lightning Sorc.

swtor2.png

2 minutes ago, felleto said:

I'm glad this one seems to be working then :D

I will remove from the bug tracker. 

It's still a bug. The QT point was unlocked and the map area it existed in had been explored. I simply provided a workaround. I've noticed this in other areas across the galaxy as well, although I forget which ones.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChadCloman said:

It's still a bug. The QT point was unlocked and the map area it existed in had been explored. I simply provided a workaround. I've noticed this in other areas across the galaxy as well, although I forget which ones.

You are right. It's sad that workarounds seems to be all we get in this game lol

I originally reported this bug on Voss. What it appears to be, after investigating the similar issues on Hoth, is that if there is a non-explored area on the World map that is close to a quick travel point, especially a quick travel point inside a building, then that will cause the quick travel point to not appear on the World map. The area map works fine and correctly displays the quick travel points

For Voss, the non-explored area is the temple in Voss-ka, and the quick travel point is inside the cantina. Once I explored the temple area, the quick travel point showed on the World map. It’s not necessary to explore the entire area (as I originally reported); rather, it’s just an unexplored temple area that’s causing the quick travel point to not appear on the World map.

In the case of Hoth, there is an old bug in the world map that marks part of the Republic intro area as undiscovered, even though it’s been fully explored. I remember dealing with this a very long time ago when I first did Hoth, driving myself crazy trying to find the unexplored area in a map that had been fully explored. I believe it may have been this way since launch. When combined with the bug added by this latest update, this means that two of the three quick travel points in that area are not visible on the world map and you have to use the area map instead. The false “unexplored” area only disappears once you have explored the entire world of Hoth, and then you can see the missing quick travel points on the World map

Edited by ChadCloman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChadCloman said:

I originally reported this bug on Voss. What it appears to be, after investigating the similar issues on Hoth, is that if there is a non-explored area on the World map that is close to a quick travel point, especially a quick travel point inside a building, then that will cause the quick travel point to not appear on the World map. The area map works fine and correctly displays the quick travel points

For Voss, the non-explored area is the temple in Voss-ka, and the quick travel point is inside the cantina. Once I explored the temple area, the quick travel point showed on the World map. It’s not necessary to explore the entire area (as I originally reported); rather, it’s just an unexplored temple area that’s causing the quick travel point to not appear on the World map.

In the case of Hoth, there is an old bug in the world map that marks part of the Republic intro area as undiscovered, even though it’s been fully explored. I remember dealing with this a very long time ago when I first did Hoth, driving myself crazy trying to find the unexplored area in a map that had been fully explored. I believe it may have been this way since launch. When combined with the bug added by this latest update, this means that two of the three quick travel points in that area are not visible on the world map and you have to use the area map instead. The false “unexplored” area only disappears once you have explored the entire world of Hoth, and then you can see the missing quick travel points on the World map

I thought that was the case. They have these weird exploration requirements to them. Tears of Taris seems to work similarly to the one on Hoth too. Have to explore the whole planet to see the QT point. 

More information regarding Hoth and this quicktravel bug.

The first image, hoth1.png, shows Whiterock Wastes completely explored in the area map, but with a large (and incorrect) unexplored area displayed in the world map. Only one of the three Whiterock Wastes quicktravel points is visible on the world map.

The second image, hoth2.png, shows the entire map of Hoth explored except for one small area in Clabburn Tundra. The (incorrect) unexplored area in Whiterock Wastes is still displayed in the world map. Two of the three Whiterock Wastes quicktravel points are now visible on the world map. Not sure when the second one appeared.

The third image, hoth3.png, shows the world map after all of Hoth has been explored. The (incorrect) unexplored area in Whiterock Wastes is no longer displayed, and we can finally see all three quicktravel points for the area.

hoth1.png

hoth2.png

hoth3.png

• 1 month later...

I can confirm, I was trying to unlock the Jagged Plains on Hoth quick travel pub side on a new character. Flying there by taxi and clicking on the quick travel terminal shows the "unlocking" animation but does nothing; I had to travel east and then north to reveal the two adjacent areas and finally the quick travel icon on the map showed up.

Edit: same with Outpost Cresh, I travelled through it many times both in taxi, on mount and on foot, clicked the terminal but it's still not unlocked for quick travel.

Edited by SithLikeTraps
adding more info