I have a concern, complaint or discussion point probably?

lEziol

Why is it to me, that the loading screen, character selection menu and overall ambiance feels like such an energy vampire effect on me? By the time I get past the first loading screen, I am already drained half way and when looking at the character selection menu I lose all interest in going any further. If I manage to push myself past the character loading screen I am hit with another massive loading screen only to be met with a lifeless world on the other side and then I just completely lose interest for the rest of the day(s) forward. I could go on and on, but I feel like it would just turn into plain ol' complaint and whining. 

Video games are entertainment, nothing more, when that stops occurring, it's time to move on. There are a number of quality MMO's out there that offer as much, if not more than this game, and whose future isn't up in the air. It might be time to move on if you're having to create a thread such as this. 

It's definitely possible to be spoiled by other games with instant or near-instant load times. Then it's hard to play a game like SWTOR with lots of load screens. For me, sometimes I only have a short time to play and will pick another game over SWTOR just because I can get into the game and start playing a lot faster. My favorite time to play SWTOR when I have a lot of uninterrupted free time. For me, that's usually after 10pm.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Thanks for the responses and insights. Yea I do play various other MMOs aside from SWTOR, however I feel that the devs can do better and hopefully by migrating to the cloud, things improve. I know several ideas that can be a huge QoL update for SWTOR but its always up to the devs to actually listen as always.

• Like 1

I don't see any issues. Loading screen is like 1 second long....maybe. So, I really have 2 answers for ya, both optional: 1-Go and create a game without ANY loading screens yourself. 2-If you are not satisfied with a product, in your words "no interest in going further", do not consume the product... Simply uninstall and go do something else in life.

Fact is, we all have a limited number of heartbeats in our lives, how you choose to spend those heartbeats is the most important decision you can make in your life. Do something enjoyable. Me? I enjoy the stories SWTOR created w/occasional pvp/gsf/fp/etc. and have no problem spending heartbeats to witness some good fun.

On 9/18/2023 at 2:03 AM, lEziol said:

Why is it to me, that the loading screen, character selection menu and overall ambiance feels like such an energy vampire effect on me? By the time I get past the first loading screen, I am already drained half way and when looking at the character selection menu I lose all interest in going any further. If I manage to push myself past the character loading screen I am hit with another massive loading screen only to be met with a lifeless world on the other side and then I just completely lose interest for the rest of the day(s) forward. I could go on and on, but I feel like it would just turn into plain ol' complaint and whining. 

Stop playing on hdd , ssd is like 5 sec loading at the most ?

Wow some people will complain about anything....

It takes a whole 25 seconds to load and connect to the character screen, and another 15 seconds to load your character into the game. And I live half way around the earth from the server in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

WOW takes twice that long, and LOTRO even longer. So I'm not sure what your are whining about. Even games that are not Online take over a minuet to load.

My suggestion is move to Virginia so you are right next to the Server Data Base and use a Cray Super Computer so you don't have to wait more than a second....

Other wise get over your self.