STEAM Login Issues

Jelina

Okay, have been trying to troubleshoot this now for several hours. Initially, after opening STEAM and logging into swtor I had a screen with no servers available. Closed it all down, restarted STEAM, and ran a verification integrity of game files. Five were missing and were downloaded. Reopened launcher and upon clicking play I received an error message notifying me that servers were unavailable. 

I then executed the following steps

1. Ensured compatibility settings were unchecked in launcher.exe

2. Downloaded & reinstalled DirectX 9 & Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

3. Verified no blocks in place via firewall or antivirus

NOTE:  Was experiencing this issue last week with the traditional downloaded version. Deleted the game & files in its entirety and reinstalled fresh version through STEAM. Everything worked great for three days as I reconfigured UIs, etc. in game. Now I'm back to square one.

I'm literally out of options and am debating on trashing it completely. Thoughts?

Well, uninstalled again ~ this time from STEAM and reinstalled directly from swtor onto computer. Worked fine for a day. When I tried to log in earlier that launcher qued looking for available updates and went no further. After several attempts I uninstalled & reinstalled again. Now a new issue ~ upon opening the launcher to download the game's initial patches, etc. same message ques looking for updates and never progresses. 

Please don't refer me to other threads as a potential remedy. As much as I appreciate that, I've read through just about everything revolving around this issue.

Last ditch effort will be to hit up phone support in hopes of identifying the problem assuming it's from my end. Will keep all posted if I discover the problem. 

Bottom line, something is not right. I've played this since launch and have never experienced this sort of complication with swtor.

On 9/16/2023 at 9:35 AM, OwenBrooks said:

@Jelina

if you can ping gamepad.swtor.com and it responds ok then servers should load

A mismatch of compat settings between launcher.exe and swtor.exe can cause no servers , but so can an antivirus/firewall block , dont forget to reboot the modem too just in case

Pings were successful. All else checked & still unresolved 

On 9/18/2023 at 7:19 PM, OwenBrooks said:

winsock socket error i would gather from that 

try opening a command prompt as administrator and run 
netsh winsock reset

otherwise i would be looking closer at your antivirus and firewall too

Reset router ~ ran the netsh winsock reset 

Was able to download game through steam once more but, upon launching and logging-in ~ error message: The login service is currently unavailable.