Best View in SWTOR Contest 2023!

JackieKo

4 minutes ago, Shaori said:

Congrats!

If you don’t mind me asking, I’m curious when you submitted your screen shot? If you scroll up to my original post, check out my Oricon. Pretty sure we were standing in the exact same spot but yours has a slightly different angle. Jackie mentioned the importance of submitting early so I was curious if you sent yours in first.

I had to check, but i submitted my shots Sep 25th. I do think angle can make a difference though as i wanted to make sure i had the 2 statues with the spears on it and chose to cut off a bit at the bottom instead.

Edited by HighWarlockBane

1 hour ago, Shaori said:

I’m curious when you submitted your screen shot? If you scroll up to my original post, check out my Oricon. Pretty sure we were standing in the exact same spot but yours has a slightly different angle. Jackie mentioned the importance of submitting early so I was curious if you sent yours in first.

i hear ya  and sorta the same thing happened with my Nar Shaddaa-->  https://i.imgur.com/cAIwECC.jpg  ... which lowkey seems very similar to the "1st Place" version by  NebulanKeltaz   ( *who apparently doesn't even exist on these forums since you can't  @  them nor search for them ???  )

But whatever i also admit i'm just being bitter sore loser too  :mad:  so who knows.

Although....hmm... maybe for next year  @JackieKo , assuming there is a next year ,  how about adding to each eventual winner's announcement  some type of  "submitted on ____ DATE "  verification note beside their listed name?

Then again that might cause more problems than it's worth, so nvm me i go back to being bitter now.

18 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

But whatever i also admit i'm just being bitter sore loser too  :mad:  so who knows.

Just wanted to clarify that I’m not bitter! I’m happy for them and I wasn’t even in the running for Oricon (I was a finalist for Belsavis which I definitely lost fair and square.)

I just wanted to know if that’s how they pick between screen shots that are so similar. 

2 hours ago, HighWarlockBane said:

I had to check, but i submitted my shots Sep 25th. I do think angle can make a difference though as i wanted to make sure i had the 2 statues with the spears on it and chose to cut off a bit at the bottom instead.

Thank you! I’m going to check the date of when I submitted mine. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bitter or jealous. I’m genuinely curious since Jackie mentioned it.

1 minute ago, Shaori said:

Just wanted to clarify that I’m not bitter! I’m happy for them and I wasn’t even in the running for Oricon (I was a finalist for Belsavis which I definitely lost fair and square.)

I just wanted to know if that’s how they pick between screen shots that are so similar.

i never said YOU were bitter and i never even implied YOU were bitter with your post i quoted.

ugh this is why Forums  are such a fail sometimes.

i was only talking/referring to myself & my own bitterness.

( And yes, 2 things can indeed be true at once:  i am both bitter AND  happy for the "winners" at the same time. )

• Haha 1