Spirit of Vengeance Duo

Is it possible to bring a friend to Spirit of Vengeance the first time going through the story mission? My son was looking for some help with it but I can't enter his instance. I've already completed it on my own. He hasn't. I tried going in without selecting anything from the mission box. but it won't let me in I tried selecting each of the three difficulties. None of that worked. Each time it says my group leader has a different difficulty level than I do. 

Disclaimer: the method below works for KotFE and KotET chapters, but might not work for SoV.

Both of you log in, then have your son go in to the flashpoint and then "/invite Xewn's Character" in chat.  You accept the group invite, and then your son uses the right-click menu on (I believe) your portrait to invite you (as a group member) into his instance of SoV.

As I said, I'm not sure if this works for SoV's solostory version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Disclaimer: the method below works for KotFE and KotET chapters, but might not work for SoV.

Both of you log in, then have your son go in to the flashpoint and then "/invite Xewn's Character" in chat.  You accept the group invite, and then your son uses the right-click menu on (I believe) your portrait to invite you (as a group member) into his instance of SoV.

As I said, I'm not sure if this works for SoV's solostory version.

Thank you! Tried this and it didn't work. I'm not sure if we just aren't allowed to do the Story with someone else along or not. Tried submitting a ticket too, but still waiting for a reply.

There is no way to have another player in your story-solo flashpoint.  They started that nonsense back with the traitor arc flashpoints.

You can do the solo version (the one that doesn't advance the story) as a duo by manually picking up the mission and walking in, but you don't get the story-related cutscenes in that one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xewn said:

Thank you! Tried this and it didn't work. I'm not sure if we just aren't allowed to do the Story with someone else along or not. Tried submitting a ticket too, but still waiting for a reply.

There's a good chance that it's supposed to not work for solostory(1) flashpoints, which is a shame.  Sorry I can't offer any more help than that.

(1) I write it like that to distinguish it from the mode *called* "[STORY]", which is, in fact, nothing to do with the story for flashpoints starting with Crisis on Umbara, which is part of the traitor arc that @LD_Little_Dragon mentioned.  When that series of flashpoints was first introduced, the naming of the modes was ... weird, let's say:  Veteran and Master were kindasorta what you'd expect compared to the earlier flashpoints, but [SOLO] was for advancing the story and [STORY] was for playing solo when you didn't care about the story.  They have since renamed [SOLO] as [SOLO STORY].

Ah, thanks! I've never tried to play any of the Solo-Story Flashpoints with someone else. I guess it makes sense that you can't since they're called Solo-Story. I do remember having an issue the first time I did SoV and trying to play on Story mode and not making progress, wondering why there were no cutscenes. It still seems rather buggy and my son had to reset the mission after it wouldn't progress after the pit so he was hoping someone could go with him and help him get through the mobs faster since he has to start over. Guess not. But thanks for the replies everyone!

• 2 weeks later...