Sabine Haircut

While being able to pick long hair is nice and i honestly love it, it usually goes with clipping issues.
This also brings me to a question though, and i DO appologize if this seems like a rather dumb question but
is something like that fixable? I mean... make it so that a character's long hair, won't clip?

15 hours ago, TriceraNL said:

is something like that fixable? I mean... make it so that a character's long hair, won't clip?

Yes, but it would probably have substantial FPS impact owing to the computational complexity of analysing hair<=>armour and hair<=> weapon(1) and hair<=>characterbody interactions.

(1) For any kind of back-carry weapon: HBGs, sniper rifles, blaster rifles, and any kind of back-carry Force-User weapon.(2)

(2) Mostly Vibroswords, but some lightsabres, some dual-blade lightsabres, and mostifnotall electrostaffs.

38 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Yes, but it would probably have substantial FPS impact owing to the computational complexity of analysing hair<=>armour and hair<=> weapon(1) and hair<=>characterbody interactions.

(1) For any kind of back-carry weapon: HBGs, sniper rifles, blaster rifles, and any kind of back-carry Force-User weapon.(2)

(2) Mostly Vibroswords, but some lightsabres, some dual-blade lightsabres, and mostifnotall electrostaffs.

So, in other words:

It can be done, it's just "time consuming"?

19 hours ago, TriceraNL said:

So, in other words:

It can be done, it's just "time consuming"?

Resource-consuming.

Right now, hair is a model - it is there, and if it intersects with another thing, well, tough luck. If you want to make it so when during any tick in the game, the game has to calculate whether there is collision, how to respond, and what to do if there is an intersection between it and anything else (armour, weapons in the back, maybe even speeder/taxi seats), then the game will have to do a lot of calculations per minutesecond.

30 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

Resource-consuming.

Right now, hair is a model - it is there, and if it intersects with another thing, well, tough luck. If you want to make it so when during any tick in the game, the game has to calculate whether there is collision, how to respond, and what to do if there is an intersection between it and anything else (armour, weapons in the back, maybe even speeder/taxi seats), then the game will have to do a lot of calculations per minutesecond.

They can't even do that with Cartel market items least to say any other content. 

On 8/31/2023 at 2:00 PM, VegaMist said:

Would love long hair options in general, including for companions (yeah, yeah, yeah - clipping issues).

I would also like to see more long hair options that are usable by both genders. I have suggested anime-style hairstyles with long hair that can reach down the back, similar to the Twilek lekku.

Here are a few examples:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/9/9d/Mega_Man_X_DiVE_Hunter_Program_Zero.png/revision/latest?cb=20210911164101

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/kunoichi-tsubaki-no-mune-no-uchi/images/4/40/Shion_anime.png/revision/latest?cb=20220405123512

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/madoka/images/a/aa/Kyoko_Sakura_Thousand_Memories.png/revision/latest?cb=20221025162226

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/a/ac/Hinata_timekip.png/revision/latest?cb=20150825083511

20 hours ago, Quendorite said:

Resource-consuming.

True.
And there are many armor pieces, weapons and mounts out there
so that would take a heck of a long time i bet

• 4 weeks later...