Some ideas about the weapons for the companions

Cloneborg

1. Allow the human-looking robot companions to wield any wepaon - melle or range - by adding an extra "weapon interface" slot in their companion tab where we could put an item, either created with cybernetics, bought from reputation vendors or the carter market, or found in a loot box or as a drop from killing certain high level robot mobs, that would allow them to use the respective weapon of choice - blade, pistols, riffle, cannon etc, the skills set they would get will also be affected by the weapon interface. This could be extended to all robots, but I think the human looking ones are more appropriate as they already have extremities that would allow them to wield melee weapons.

2. In KOTOR we could choose if we wanted our companions to be range or melle. We should have this option too - I get really annoyed when I have selected the "healer" option for my jedi companion and they still fight as melle and are up in my face when I play a melle character. I want them to sit at the back and use range healing and damage spells. Amity is particularly annoying if I  play on a range character as he keeps jumping back and forth between its current melle target and my character when trying to heal.

• Like 1

I agree that it is annoying to have to use a companion that is  the same as my own as far as melee or ranged to optimize their   efficiency.

Lately i've been using my companion almost exclusively in tank mode to counter that.

It's  not great in heroics sometimes  but is actually more fun . 

I would also like to be able to equip Vette  with assault cannon as it was fun in the great heist episode. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sundancebill said:

I would also like to be able to equip Vette  with assault cannon as it was fun in the great heist episode. 

I second this 1000% 😂

I too would love to be able to equip any weapon type on any companion, or at least have more options.  I really want the option to give more tech companions techblades/staffs, as currently only a few can take them and there are some very cool blades just sitting in my collections gathering dust (and yes I know I can give those to force users but I don't want to lol)

• Like 1

I'd rather see them give us the ability to be more versatile with the weapons. Some companions can switch between melee and ranged while others get access to additional ranged weapons. Specifically:

• Rusk: Blaster Pistols and Assault Cannons (remove Sniper Rifles from expansion and restore Assault Cannons)
  • Qyzen: Blaster Pistols, Sniper Rifles, and Vibroswords
  • Zenith: Blaster Pistols and Sniper Rifles
  • Felix: Blaster Pistols and Blaster Rifles
  • Corso: Blaster Pistols, Blaster Rifles, and Vibroswords
  • Risha: Blaster Pistols and Sniper Rifles
  • Akaavi: Dual Blaster Pistols and Electrostaves
  • Guss: Blaster Pistols and Lightsabers (he keeps threatening to use it anyway)
  • Pierce: Blaster Pistols and Blaster Rifles
  • Gault: Blaster Pistols and Blaster Rifles
  • Torian: Blaster Pistols, Sniper Rifles, and Vibroswords
  • Skadge: Blaster Pistols and Vibroswords
  • Kaliyo: Blaster Pistols and Blaster Rifles
  • Vector: Blaster Pistols and Electrostaves
  • SCORPIO: Sniper Rifles and Electrostaves

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2023 at 3:42 PM, sundancebill said:

This, yes please

I have a bunch of assault cannons doing nothing because I have like 2 toons and 0 companions capable of using them.

PLEASE allow companions more expanded weapon access. Assault cannons are cool but horribly wasted since nothing but commandos and I think pre-FE Rusk can use them. Prior to the combat style change, they were 100% Republic exclusive weapons (Probably why Rusk lost his AC, an imp character recruiting him wouldn't be able to get one...)

Most of the "Soldier" companions at least (Jorgen, Rusk, Felix, etc) should be able to use to use them.

Big guys like Skadge would prolly use it over a blaster too

• Like 1

Would love cannon and vibrosword ability (in addition to their current weapon) on most tech companions.

Also... Just got an image in my mind of Scourge blasting from the biggest meanest cannon and laughing like a maniac.

👹:wea_06:💥

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 5:55 AM, DreadzKaiser said:

nothing but commandos and I think pre-FE Rusk can use them

correct.  class story Rusk is the only comp that can use them, he doesn't even keep them when he comes back (really wish he would🥲)

100% really wish some comps had it as an alt option!  there are tons of assault cannons in game and you get 2 more every galactic season too, but unless you wanna make 10 characters on commando there is not much use for them rn.