Let us Dress Senya and Arkann Please

Addictress

I'm deep into the endgame quests and Arkann is camping out on some unknown forlorn planet in wildspace. I imagine he literally has a campfire. He was like "It's creepy, pls send Sana Rae :("

But he's still in that white Zakuulan "prince boy" garb from like, what, 5 years ago? He should be wearing the multiple outdoorsy fur-lined armors I've gathered in my collections.

Please fix this.

Edited by Addictress

Senya is already 'dressable', just remove her customization. 

It's Arcann that's stuck.  The dev's prioritize letting players outfit fem toons over letting them outfit male toons.  Something, something 'character integrity' which only counts for male toons since apparently fem toons in a slave outfit doesn't break their character integrity as much as a male toon in a different shirt would.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Senya is already 'dressable', just remove her customization. 

It's Arcann that's stuck.  The dev's prioritize letting players outfit fem toons over letting them outfit male toons.  Something, something 'character integrity' which only counts for male toons since apparently fem toons in a slave outfit doesn't break their character integrity as much as a male toon in a different shirt would.

The flaw in that line of reasoning is the dressability of Koth Vortena and Theron Shan, both of whom are male (the last time I checked).

Arcann's problem in this context is his arm.

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The flaw in that line of reasoning is the dressability of Koth Vortena and Theron Shan, both of whom are male (the last time I checked).

Arcann's problem in this context is his arm.

Flaw?  What companions are we currently unable to change outfits on?

Star Fortress companions - both male and fem, I'll give you that one.

Droid companions - neutral

The odd ball shaped story comps (Broonmark, Bowdaar, Khem, ect), all male, but understandable.

That leaves:

Arcann, Nico, Paxton, Fen Zail, Amity  all male

I'll also note the of the original sub reward comps and the d/l comps all the fem toons (Shae, Hexis, Ranos) are customizable, but both Nico and Paxton are still pasted into their skins.

As to Arcann's arm, that's a thin excuse.  When you remove the customizations from the kotet/et toons  they lose their unique skins and are instead given a normal npc apprearance.

It's one of those things that should be minor, but it still grates.  That the dev's would 'listen' to the customer base and make formerly unalterable companions customizable, but mostly for fem toons, while they don't bother to do the work to make the male toons also customizable.

It's sexist, perhaps minor to a lot of eyes, but it's still wrong.

edit:  It's like the slave outfit.  Female only.  11 years and there is still no male equivalent.  it's not a game-breaker, obviously, but it does let us know how the dev's view women players.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

1 hour ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

As to Arcann's arm, that's a thin excuse.  When you remove the customizations from the kotet/et toons  they lose their unique skins and are instead given a normal npc apprearance.

Sure, but that reasoning would mean that his arm would suddenly become fleshy, with no way to restore its appearance.  (None of the Cybernetic torsos and hands look like that arm.)

And even if it didn't, it would probably interact very badly with e.g. the Mission Vao set (bare arms).

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Sure, but that reasoning would mean that his arm would suddenly become fleshy, with no way to restore its appearance.  (None of the Cybernetic torsos and hands look like that arm.)

And even if it didn't, it would probably interact very badly with e.g. the Mission Vao set (bare arms).

Yeah, the arm is probably the main issue.

Honestly a way to offer more options for him would be to make a bunch of new customizations with different kinds of outfits.

I'd love an outfit similar to the one he wears as a kid in the KOTFE trailer (there could even be a white, a black and a gray version), still zakuulan looking but way more casual than his Emperor outfit. I'd also really like another one where he'd wears the same outfit as the one he wears on his "redeemed" model, but with the same color as his DS customization, i like the gray on him but the huge metalic arm and the even bigger face mask than the one he originally wore don't do it for me.

16 hours ago, Spikanor said:

i am thinking now if there add this so that you can chance senya and arkann gear to something custom like the other companions.

are you then asking let us do this the same with the gelactic season companions?

Yeah! Why not.

12 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Flaw?  What companions are we currently unable to change outfits on?

Star Fortress companions - both male and fem, I'll give you that one.

Droid companions - neutral

The odd ball shaped story comps (Broonmark, Bowdaar, Khem, ect), all male, but understandable.

That leaves:

Arcann, Nico, Paxton, Fen Zail, Amity  all male

I'll also note the of the original sub reward comps and the d/l comps all the fem toons (Shae, Hexis, Ranos) are customizable, but both Nico and Paxton are still pasted into their skins.

It's one of those things that should be minor, but it still grates.  That the dev's would 'listen' to the customer base and make formerly unalterable companions customizable, but mostly for fem toons, while they don't bother to do the work to make the male toons also customizable.

It's sexist, perhaps minor to a lot of eyes, but it's still wrong.

edit:  It's like the slave outfit.  Female only.  11 years and there is still no male equivalent.  it's not a game-breaker, obviously, but it does let us know how the dev's view women players.

As a woman player myself, just taking off the shirt is just as great. I said this once before and it's weird but arguably funny. Second time, now I'm a creeper. Really wracking up the dark side points today

6 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

Yeah, the arm is probably the main issue.

Honestly a way to offer more options for him would be to make a bunch of new customizations with different kinds of outfits.

I'd love an outfit similar to the one he wears as a kid in the KOTFE trailer (there could even be a white, a black and a gray version), still zakuulan looking but way more casual than his Emperor outfit. I'd also really like another one where he'd wears the same outfit as the one he wears on his "redeemed" model, but with the same color as his DS customization, i like the gray on him but the huge metalic arm and the even bigger face mask than the one he originally wore don't do it for me.

Honestly, how do we know it's his whole arm? What if it's just his hand that's cyber?

Edited by Addictress

On 8/6/2023 at 12:57 AM, Addictress said:

I'm deep into the endgame quests and Arkann is camping out on some unknown forlorn planet in wildspace. I imagine he literally has a campfire. He was like "It's creepy, pls send Sana Rae :("

But he's still in that white Zakuulan "prince boy" garb from like, what, 5 years ago? He should be wearing the multiple outdoorsy fur-lined armors I've gathered in my collections.

Please fix this.

i agree. arcann needs a new get up. senya can wear any outfit. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it would be great to see new options for these two. There are a couple for Arcann at the dark vs. light vendors, but they aren't anything really different from what we've already seen. On a different note, I'd love to see prosthetic limbs as customization options for cyborgs. That would also help with Arcann.  

• Like 1