Guys it’s time to fight for your right to survive

picklesrskankin

Sometime we have to put our differences aside and fight for the right to be the ones doing that in the long run. Why fight each other when we can push for a couple 8v8 no objective matches. We’ve had less maps added to pvp than presidents been alive since Star Wars. If you ask me that’s not the best way to go about that in a way people will enjoy.

As pvp players we should want less servers so that we can fight more people. Queue is hard because if you are solo you will fight some premade that is angry at every player in swtor. If you play as a premade you have to fight them and then hopefully not feel like a champion for killing everyone 7v1. 

Let’s stand together and be fighting for the rights of pvp players and their hope for getting som e maps where we can just dps and make merriment. 

Thank you for your attention, broadsword . I’m here if you would like to enjoy pvp .

• Haha 1

I'd rather cross server queues than deal with the other issues that result from server mergers. Cross server queues would alleviate a lot of the issues of facing the same ppl especially on the lesser populated servers and would help the matchmaking. 

On ur other point I kinda like the idea of just one huge death match, I'd like respawns, and I guess you'd decide the winners by kills? But then you'd just be encouraging some disgusting comps, 2 heals 2 skank tanks, and a bunch of ranged dps classes. 

My honest assessment at how to fix pvp is by balancing the classes a bit better, 4 man premade max, and cross server queues. Think those 3 little changes would fix a lot. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Samcuu said:

I'd rather cross server queues than deal with the other issues that result from server mergers. Cross server queues would alleviate a lot of the issues of facing the same ppl especially on the lesser populated servers and would help the matchmaking. 

On ur other point I kinda like the idea of just one huge death match, I'd like respawns, and I guess you'd decide the winners by kills? But then you'd just be encouraging some disgusting comps, 2 heals 2 skank tanks, and a bunch of ranged dps classes. 

My honest assessment at how to fix pvp is by balancing the classes a bit better, 4 man premade max, and cross server queues. Think those 3 little changes would fix a lot. 

cross server queues should have always been an option and should exist now considering all NA servers are in Virginia and all EU servers are in Ireland.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1

I've no dog in the PvP cross server fight but this is what SWTOR's then Senior Producer said back in 2013.  Obviously in 2023, 10 years later, there are fewer servers but also significantly fewer devs.

On 6/5/2013 at 7:29 AM, BruceMaclean said:

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

33 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

I've no dog in the PvP cross server fight but this is what SWTOR's then Senior Producer said back in 2013.  Obviously in 2023, 10 years later, there are fewer servers but also significantly fewer devs.

The question I've had since the announcement of the AWS cloud server is if it would be easier to make it happen once (or if) those go live. 

Just now, Samcuu said:

The question I've had since the announcement of the AWS cloud server is if it would be easier to make it happen once (or if) those go live. 

I know at least one frequent poster on forums.swtor.com thinks AWS will enable cross server.  Since the devs have mentioned the possibility of an APAC server (and of course publicly tested one) as well as a fresh start server with the transition to AWS but have made zero mention of cross server possibility I'm thinking AWS doesn't dramatically change the high effort  requirements that would have been needed to enable cross server 10 years ago.  Just my opinion.  Only time or word from the devs will tell.

13 hours ago, Samcuu said:

It should technically be easier. Especially in regional areas. If they do it, I doubt it would be cross region because you’d still have lag issues. But if you have multiple servers per region, it would solve group queue population issues instead of needing to merge servers  in the future. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, Samcuu said:

I'd rather cross server queues than deal with the other issues that result from server mergers.

Wouldn't most of the same "problems/issues" of server mergers and cross server queues be the same? 🤔