Players with mental problems...

Sabatykos

Hey lovely folks! I have a unique problem. I've developed some sort of an attention deficit disorder due to Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis.

Here is what I'm asking for. I need some help from you guys hard focusing on questing. I'm not sure I can focus hard like I used to before. I need some help and suggestions from you lovely folks out there.

A litttle background from me: I'm a World of Warcraft refugee and I have a number of health problems some more serious than others! I need some help and suggestions from you guys to help me better focus on long questing sessions. World of Warcraft for example has addons that helps you automate quests. I'm not asking for something like that. I'm just asking for help and ideas from you lovely folks to help me get through this like barrier to entry.

Any and all help n ideas is welcome. Let me know what you guys do to overcome such difficulties in life. I appreciate all the help you lovely folks can give me here. I been playing swtor for a long time now alongside World of Warcraft and other games. I recently had to quit World of Warcraft because the 10.1.5 patch broke something huge on my end. Pissed me right off heheh.

But yeah guys help a brother out let me know what you guys do to help you guys out with similar situations! Thanks bunches in advanced to you guys who do help out!

• Dev Post

Hi there! 

Couple of tips from the team that might help you out :) 

• For directed play, while progressing through the crit path, opening the Welcome Window will display your next mission in the Mission Log panel. So it can act as a guide for you.
  • Using the overlay map is also helpful. Head towards the purple breadcrumb (if still on the crit path)!
  • For non crit-path missions, like Heroics, you can also use the Heroic Travel button (next to the mission name in the Mission Tracker) which will automatically take you the appropriate area to begin the mission.  

You can also adjust your Interface Editor to help. 

• Keyboard Press L to bring up your log and you can click off the tracking for missions you don't want to focus on.
  • Bring up the Interface Editor and select the Mission Tracker panel. You can specify to increase the size of that panel by 25% (but not much more than that without affecting global scale).
  • Adjusting the height of this window can also decrease the number of missions it shows at one time.
  • And you can move the tracker around wherever you want on your screen. 

Additionally, if you like lists, there are a lot of helpful guides out there that are pretty detailed and can serve as a checklist. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help buddy!

I know there probably is no auto quest feature yet but the space bar thing helps bunches.

Thanks for taking the time to offer me some suggestions.

Your ideas are a big help here.

I will attempt some of this stuff when I log on next.

I appreciate your assistance here buddy. Thanks for helping me out here. Your ideas n suggestions are all welcome. My problem is a attention related one but I'm trying really hard to focus here. Thanks for your help here. Any ideas at all is a big help here. I try pod casts and listening to music too it all helps somewhat. But then I have an attention problem when it comes to quests. Your suggestions are valuable to me and I will try to incorporate them in my own sessions buddy!