Remove Bonus missions from start planet.

TengelTheLight

You may ask why? It is because the quick travel price is pointless on a start planet.
An example on the way to the Forge on Tython you get a bonus mission about killing some enemies, through the mountain.
When you're done with the Forge quest made you own saber and can take the quick travel back to the temple, it cost more than the bonus mission credits gives you.

So, you start fighting your way back..and by doing so you mess up the bonus misson credits for other players.

Therefor please remove either the quick travel price or all the bonus missions. Doing bonus missions seems to be just pointless.

Tengel

Edited by TengelTheLight

I can support this but i have never had an issue with money  even at really low levels. I start every character with 0 cash .

The game gives you everything you need   except weapon mods and by the time you get to 15 you can afford those easily. 

On 7/10/2023 at 1:20 PM, TengelTheLight said:

You may ask why? It is because the quick travel price is pointless on a start planet.
An example on the way to the Forge on Tython you get a bonus mission about killing some enemies, through the mountain.
When you're done with the Forge quest made you own saber and can take the quick travel back to the temple, it cost more than the bonus mission credits gives you.

So, you start fighting your way back..and by doing so you mess up the bonus misson credits for other players.

Therefor please remove either the quick travel price or all the bonus missions. Doing bonus missions seems to be just pointless.

Tengel

???
Either do the bonus mission on the way or leave it, but your arguments why they should be removed makes no sense at all. Furthermore, the credit costs for travel are completely negligable...

1 hour ago, The_Hightower said:

???
Either do the bonus mission on the way or leave it, but your arguments why they should be removed makes no sense at all. Furthermore, the credit costs for travel are completely negligable...

Not even that, requesting to remove actual content because there is "no reward left" if you use quicktravel is kinda nonsense.

I don´t get behind all those players playing for rewards only or rushing through every instance "to safe their time", when the most important thing is to have some fun in this game. It´s a timewaste anyway and some day the servers will shut down, so why not enjoying that you´ve a goal? That you can enjoy the gameplay instead of running left / right and spamming QT as much as possible?

Bonus-stuff is fine as it is. Nobody is forcing anyone to do in this game besides the starter-planet and gaining XP probably.

On 7/10/2023 at 5:25 PM, Dayshadow said:

The QT debacle shows just how out of touch and incapable Bioware is.

What debacle? That it´s not affordable for newcomers? It´s pretty impossible to run out of credits if you play just normally and don´t buy cartell-stuff or endgame-augments at the GTN. The game throws enough money on you.

Yes bioware clearly did mistakes like decreasing costs on the guildship etc... but the whole debacle is player-made by poeple who abused the exploited items and goldsellers. And while multi-billions are not enough, they infested the GTN to get even more billions THEY`LL NEVER NEED!

2 hours ago, The_Hightower said:

???
Either do the bonus mission on the way or leave it,

OP is saying that travelling back on foot/speeder means having to fight the respawned versions of the same mobs that you fought on the way up for the bonus mission, which interferes with other people trying to do the bonus mission on their way up.

But that's a very bad reason to remove the bonus mission.

2 hours ago, The_Hightower said:

but your arguments why they should be removed makes no sense at all. Furthermore, the credit costs for travel are completely negligable...

For a new player, 5K to QT back from the Forge to the Jedi Temple (where you have to go next after finishing the mission in the Forge) is a sizeable chunk of money, but that's just an indication that the QT costs are too high on the starter worlds.  Having them cost roughly twice what taking a taxi over a comparable distance would cost, which means **tens** of credits on starter worlds, not *thousands*, seems like a reasonable compromise.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sirsunny said:

What debacle? That it´s not affordable for newcomers? It´s pretty impossible to run out of credits if you play just normally and don´t buy cartell-stuff or endgame-augments at the GTN. The game throws enough money on you.

Yes bioware clearly did mistakes like decreasing costs on the guildship etc... but the whole debacle is player-made by poeple who abused the exploited items and goldsellers. And while multi-billions are not enough, they infested the GTN to get even more billions THEY`LL NEVER NEED!

I don't know what game you are playing, but SWTOR definitely does not provide lots of credits. The player market is vastly inflated compared to credit rewards. And paying 2000 credits to QT is utterly ridiculous at low levels (or any level if I'm being honest). Most, if not all, starter planet missions give less than 200 credits. The QT costs are more credits than a new player will likely make during their entire stint on Tython if the only did class story missions. It would still be a majority share even if they did every side mission too and didn't spend the money on anything else. It's 5K credits just to QT through the fleet. It's cheaper to travel across the galaxy.

On 7/10/2023 at 7:20 AM, TengelTheLight said:

Tengel

No thank you. Those Bonus missions are Free additional XP. When I make a new character I do every quest, including bonus quests to get as much XP as I can. Once I leave the starting world and Capital world is when I start skipping the side quests and bonuses.

8 minutes ago, Dayshadow said:

I don't know what game you are playing, but SWTOR definitely does not provide lots of credits. The player market is vastly inflated compared to credit rewards. And paying 2000 credits to QT is utterly ridiculous at low levels (or any level if I'm being honest). Most, if not all, starter planet missions give less than 200 credits.

i not know what for game you are playing but the starter planets missions give a lot off credits all as reward all.

if you talk about the game few years ago then you can complain about it but since there have boost the credit rewards from missions a lot and remove some off the missions also and you not have to buy medic packs at all anymore since companions heal you for free and the skills you get are also free you save more credits then spent then in the game.

and if i remember good you get all 1k+ as credit rewards from missions on the starter planet.

14 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

and if i remember good you get all 1k+ as credit rewards from missions on the starter planet.

Only if you are level 70/80. On planet level the rewards on the starter planet are much lower

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, DWho said:

Only if you are level 70/80. On planet level the rewards on the starter planet are much lower

now thats wierd since if i start with a new alt char and do the start planet quest's i get all 1k+ credits as reward all.

but what @Dayshadow has forgot to add also is that there is a compleet diffrend credit reward system in SWTOR that make's a big diffrend at all.

since F2P status players get less credits rewards from missions then preff or sub players.

preff status players get what more the F2P status players and less then sub players.

and sub players get the total reward and earn more credits then F2P status players or Preff status players.

that means a sub status player get 1k+ credit rewards from the starter planet missions all is it a level 1 char.

Edited by Spikanor

1 hour ago, Spikanor said:

that means a sub status player get 1k+ credit rewards from the starter planet missions all is it a level 1 char.

Just checked it and a level 8 character on Tython (Star Forge, subbed account, legendary status) got <100 credits for completing a mission in the kalikori village area. They get about 2K xp per mission so I think you have xp and credits mixed up.

Edit: To complete the thought on credit gains on starter planets:

A starting first level character on Tython (subbed account, legendary status, no xp boosts) gets 117 credits from clearing all the missions in the Gnarls or less than half that if they are not doing exploration missions (which is also significant fraction of the mob drops that can be sold for credits):

Attack of the Flesh Raiders: 57 credits

Halt the Assault (Bonus): 0 credits

Clear the Path (Bonus): 0 credits

Early Lessons: 30 credits

Captured Padawans (Bonus): 30 credits

Total credits from clearing the entire Gnarls zone was just about 250 credits and included selling everything that dropped from mobs (gear, grey items, etc). MOst gear dropped sold for 10-15 credits and mobs dropped between 10 and 15 credits (grey stuff sold for 5 credits or less in most cases)

Edited by DWho

37 minutes ago, DWho said:

Just checked it and a level 8 character on Tython (Star Forge, subbed account, legendary status) got <100 credits for completing a mission in the kalikori village area. They get about 2K xp per mission so I think you have xp and credits mixed up.

now mixed up is it not at all.

since i know the exp rewards are big and are more then 1k+ all on starter planets for a new char.

the only thing i have forget was that the credits reward was not that big at all on starter planets since its a long time i have start a new char at all and most off all i have never care at all what the credits reward was each time since i not care about looking at all.

but still 200 credits reward on starter planets for new players is a good thing at all since there are going to learn the basic things of MMORPG game's at the start and thats more with all the other game's also where you start as a new player that you need to learn the basic things the hard way.

Edited by Spikanor

1 hour ago, Dayshadow said:

I don't know what game you are playing, but SWTOR definitely does not provide lots of credits. The player market is vastly inflated compared to credit rewards. And paying 2000 credits to QT is utterly ridiculous at low levels (or any level if I'm being honest). Most, if not all, starter planet missions give less than 200 credits. The QT costs are more credits than a new player will likely make during their entire stint on Tython if the only did class story missions. It would still be a majority share even if they did every side mission too and didn't spend the money on anything else. It's 5K credits just to QT through the fleet. It's cheaper to travel across the galaxy.

I guess we play different games then.

If you´re a newcomer, why would you spam QT instead of following quests and explore the world somehow?
If you´re on the fleet, why would you pay the 5k QT cost when takes like 1 minute to fly from one to another ship?

Yes you get less credits in the early, but more than enough to do the QT that are actually "needed" if you want to be somewhat time-effective. And the higher you grow, the more you´ll get easily, because you can sell pretty much everything what is in your inventory and you´ll get more than enough gear to continue with the story. The old days where you had to buy better mods or something are gone.

And in the endgame you can get 100-300k in 15-30 minutes based on the daily-zone you´re in and how good your pathing is. Just jump to CZ... ~150k + everything in your inventory in like 7-10 minutes?'

Unless you want all strongholds, you don´t even need a big amount of money. Endgame crafting can be done by some toons you share a bit of money with from your main-account. You don´t really have to do more than playing the game.

And the GTN?! Noone is forcing you to interact with it. The inflation is completely playermade by those who exploited the game or spent money at goldsellers. But what have high costs there? Yes... cartell-mounts and cosmetics. Do you really need them?
Other stuff might be some endgame-materials, but especially there is your chance to easily get a couple of millions after a techrun-raid. I just got 13,8 million today by selling 20 legendary embers i can get easily back if i really need them for more augments.

I know it can cause fear to newcomers to see the pricings and i personally would beg everyone to sell stuff at normals prices. Noone needs those billions flying around. But in general poeple who "cry" about the current inflation just don´t know how to use it to make some money by themselves.
As been said in another thread, i started playing again after 6-7 years. And i had like 10 millions or so from the old days and i made 5-6 billions in 2 months. Even more if i take the stuff i bought into account.
And again, i don´t even need them. I was happy when i had like 300 millions or so and was able to unlock all strongholds etc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sirsunny said:

I guess we play different games then.

If you´re a newcomer, why would you spam QT instead of following quests and explore the world somehow?
If you´re on the fleet, why would you pay the 5k QT cost when takes like 1 minute to fly from one to another ship?

Yes you get less credits in the early, but more than enough to do the QT that are actually "needed" if you want to be somewhat time-effective. And the higher you grow, the more you´ll get easily, because you can sell pretty much everything what is in your inventory and you´ll get more than enough gear to continue with the story. The old days where you had to buy better mods or something are gone.

And in the endgame you can get 100-300k in 15-30 minutes based on the daily-zone you´re in and how good your pathing is. Just jump to CZ... ~150k + everything in your inventory in like 7-10 minutes?'

Unless you want all strongholds, you don´t even need a big amount of money. Endgame crafting can be done by some toons you share a bit of money with from your main-account. You don´t really have to do more than playing the game.

And the GTN?! Noone is forcing you to interact with it. The inflation is completely playermade by those who exploited the game or spent money at goldsellers. But what have high costs there? Yes... cartell-mounts and cosmetics. Do you really need them?
Other stuff might be some endgame-materials, but especially there is your chance to easily get a couple of millions after a techrun-raid. I just got 13,8 million today by selling 20 legendary embers i can get easily back if i really need them for more augments.

I know it can cause fear to newcomers to see the pricings and i personally would beg everyone to sell stuff at normals prices. Noone needs those billions flying around. But in general poeple who "cry" about the current inflation just don´t know how to use it to make some money by themselves.
As been said in another thread, i started playing again after 6-7 years. And i had like 10 millions or so from the old days and i made 5-6 billions in 2 months. Even more if i take the stuff i bought into account.
And again, i don´t even need them. I was happy when i had like 300 millions or so and was able to unlock all strongholds etc.

Why would a new player walk all the way from the Forge back to the Jedi Temple? Or even the nearest speeder station, which is still a decent ways away. 2000 credits is likely all or nearly all your credits accumulated throughout the entire planet. For a single QT after you've defeated Orgus's prior apprentice. Who wants to run back and forth across Coruscant or Tattooine. I'd have to look up how much you get in chapter one on other planets. You're completely ignoring the whole point of QT. Speed and convenience was the whole point. As for endgame credits, that's irrelevant to the OP's complaint. We're talking about newbies.

And, yes, you absolutely NEED all the cosmetic gear and neat stuff of the GTN. If you can't look fresh you might as well delete your toon. Barbie dress up, stronghold interior design and IRL political debate in fleet chat is the endgame. Get with the program, honey.

16 minutes ago, Dayshadow said:

And, yes, you absolutely NEED all the cosmetic gear and neat stuff of the GTN. If you can't look fresh you might as well delete your toon. Barbie dress up, stronghold interior design and IRL political debate in fleet chat is the endgame. Get with the program, honey.

This is a matter of OPINION. I've played this game since launch and I don't use cosmetic gear at all. All I need is the gear I have stats in. I never use the appearance tab on my characters. I can play this game fully without any need of Cosmetic gear or what you consider neat stuff off of the GTN.

Same goes for SH's. When they first came out I just dumped decos anywhere to get the conquest bonus. Now you don't even need to do that and just have empty SH's with 1 room for mailbox, legacy storage, cargo hold, guild bank, and Wall GTN.

Also for the Fleet IRL political debates, I /ignore anyone that talks politics for 24 hours, and wipe the ignore list when I log in the next day. None of those things ins the real endgame.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dayshadow said:

Why would a new player walk all the way from the Forge back to the Jedi Temple? Or even the nearest speeder station, which is still a decent ways away. 2000 credits is likely all or nearly all your credits accumulated throughout the entire planet. For a single QT after you've defeated Orgus's prior apprentice. Who wants to run back and forth across Coruscant or Tattooine. I'd have to look up how much you get in chapter one on other planets. You're completely ignoring the whole point of QT. Speed and convenience was the whole point. As for endgame credits, that's irrelevant to the OP's complaint. We're talking about newbies.

1) The request is about deleting bonus-missions "because they´re pointless if you don´t get enough credits to QT."Actually such a request is kinda pointless since this is a game where the player can pretty much decide what they do and what not.

2) Everyone can do those missions again. Ofc it´s "harder" for newcomers, but isn´t it still up to their decision if they use QT or not? Do we really have to talk about something endlessly which is in the players hands?

3) It seems to be about everyone or QT in general in your opinion. I mean you brought it up with QT on the fleet etc... Yet you seem to ignore that it´s still easier to make money even without trading than it was in the past.

I mean yes, they could give super fresh accounts a buff that let them pay 50% less QT costs for the first 24h playtime which works only on the first character made. There are ways to help them out. But removing quests just because someone don´t want to travel back manuelly is some kind of a joke.
In a lot of cases you could just die and go back to the medcenter if that minute of time is so important to you. Repairing gear is not necessary while leveling, you´ll get new stuff fast enough.

But in general...once done with the first, MAYBE even the 2nd planet, noone will ever have some issues with money again. You´ve to QT on purpose pointlessly all day long to do so or waste your money on something that is actually not needed in the leveling process. The game has dozens of options and added dozens of QoL features.
You could even farm heroics with your new char without spending any credit until you´ve finished them all thanks to all the free ports available.

13 hours ago, Dayshadow said:

I mean... if you wanna troll yourself or so?!

I still run a level 15 appearence on my main with my old sabers since i´ve been the only one with red/blue crystals and darkV back in the days when it shouldn´t have been possible. The outfit looks great and nostalgic is strong ofc.
An alt wears the soldier-armor which is only available at the collectors-vendor or so. Another one wears cartell-stuff yes, but i got it by the old packages and / or buying it with abonnement-coins. My newest toon wears some mix of crafted gear and the one from the gree event.

There are dozens of cosmetical options that have nothing to do with the cartell-market or the GTN. And in the worst case you could ignore the overpriced GTN and just pay into the cartell-market if you need stuff so badly.

And it´s actually the easiest time to get into strongholds. I remember when they got released and we started to grind several materials and money to unlock tatooine completely. Flagships cost was 50millions if i remember correctly just for the base, what does they cost now? Is it 4millions or something?

I already told enough ways to get money in the game and yes, even without the GTN there are dozens of possibilities thanks to planetary heroics and multiple daily-zones. What had we back in the days? Black hole, Oricon and CZ? Something like ~2 millions max per week if you did them every day? And they´ve been slightly harder, so far took more time than now with the joke of downscaling the game has imo.

Again, i can see why newcomers can get feared once they interact with the GTN and i still want players to set stuff on normal prices since noone needs those billions. But in general the inflation makes also sure that you can unlock pretty much everything in the game super fast, no matter if we talk about strongholds or the legacy QoL-features. And removing bonus missions just because someone can´t decide if the minute is worth it or not is a completely joke.
It´s a videogame, it´s not worth it anymore at some day anyway.

Edited by Sirsunny

2 hours ago, Sirsunny said:

I mean... if you wanna troll yourself or so?!

I still run a level 15 appearence on my main with my old sabers since i´ve been the only one with red/blue crystals and darkV back in the days when it shouldn´t have been possible. The outfit looks great and nostalgic is strong ofc.
An alt wears the soldier-armor which is only available at the collectors-vendor or so. Another one wears cartell-stuff yes, but i got it by the old packages and / or buying it with abonnement-coins. My newest toon wears some mix of crafted gear and the one from the gree event.

There are dozens of cosmetical options that have nothing to do with the cartell-market or the GTN. And in the worst case you could ignore the overpriced GTN and just pay into the cartell-market if you need stuff so badly.

And it´s actually the easiest time to get into strongholds. I remember when they got released and we started to grind several materials and money to unlock tatooine completely. Flagships cost was 50millions if i remember correctly just for the base, what does they cost now? Is it 4millions or something?

I already told enough ways to get money in the game and yes, even without the GTN there are dozens of possibilities thanks to planetary heroics and multiple daily-zones. What had we back in the days? Black hole, Oricon and CZ? Something like ~2 millions max per week if you did them every day? And they´ve been slightly harder, so far took more time than now with the joke of downscaling the game has imo.

Again, i can see why newcomers can get feared once they interact with the GTN and i still want players to set stuff on normal prices since noone needs those billions. But in general the inflation makes also sure that you can unlock pretty much everything in the game super fast, no matter if we talk about strongholds or the legacy QoL-features. And removing bonus missions just because someone can´t decide if the minute is worth it or not is a completely joke.
It´s a videogame, it´s not worth it anymore at some day anyway.

15 hours ago, Toraak said:

This is a matter of OPINION. I've played this game since launch and I don't use cosmetic gear at all. All I need is the gear I have stats in. I never use the appearance tab on my characters. I can play this game fully without any need of Cosmetic gear or what you consider neat stuff off of the GTN.

Same goes for SH's. When they first came out I just dumped decos anywhere to get the conquest bonus. Now you don't even need to do that and just have empty SH's with 1 room for mailbox, legacy storage, cargo hold, guild bank, and Wall GTN.

Also for the Fleet IRL political debates, I /ignore anyone that talks politics for 24 hours, and wipe the ignore list when I log in the next day. None of those things ins the real endgame.

That was supposed to be a joke, guys. I thought it was obvious.