Massive clipping with Malak's Shadow Armor set

DarkMatterSlifus

I've used this set MANY times and it always looked fine no issues. Last few months I come back and notice horrible clipping and specifically for this set because it involves those flaps on the side of the legs. I take another break and check today to be surprised that it's STILL present after months of waiting again. Did anybody ever report this? It ruins the whole look of the armor when the flaps aren't working properly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@EricMusco @JackieKo @CommunityTeam

I honestly don't know who to tag at this point because this will never get looked at so I apologize but this has been a problem for MANY months and I have been patient. I can deal with normal bugs but when you have massive clipping at the leggings area of a premium CM armor set that needs to get looked at. Go in-game and look for yourself Malak Shadow Armor and Darth Malak armor have huge clipping at the leggings so when they run it looks like utter crap. Please look into this ...

Edited by DarkMatterSlifus

• 4 weeks later...

Hey friend,

There is another post from April this year about this. Rests assured you are not the only player affected by this. Take it for what it's worth:
https://forums.swtor.com/topic/928554-malaks-shadow-chest-piece-bugged/#comment-9777179

I added the issue to the player bug tracker: https://github.com/rfelleto/SWTOR-player-bug-tracker/issues/22

I came searching for a thread about the terrible clipping issues because I thought I was going mad. SO many of my CM bought sets now have clipping issues, where I'm certain they didn't before. It's a particular problem with the sets meant for force users and particularly bad around the character backside. lt's not even for the more plump character models either, although those are the worst.

I'm (sort of) compiling a list and trying to remember to take screenshots but so far I've got "Pragmatic Master's Armor Set", "Jolee Bindo's Armor Set" and "Jarael's Armor Set", and the clipping is really bad on all of them. This isn't a 'mix and match' issue either, this is just using the set items as they are sold. I'm a bit cross about it, given that I spent money above and beyond my sub for these. I really like them too, so many of the force sets are the clunky robes and these are more interesting.

I can't quite believe the 'robe flipping' bug hasn't been fixed since the game began either but I suspect that's a baked in problem I don't understand.

Perhaps we need to start a new thread with a list of sets that have clipping issues now, with screenies? I considered starting one but wasn't sure where to put it and also I feel I've been talking too much on the forums as it is! x)

• Like 1