Take cover!

Cloneborg

It annoys me to no end when I use take cover and my gunslinger instead of dropping the shield on the spot, rolls sideways behind some boxes or other objects simply because he happens to be in a vicinity of a "take cover" place. No my dude I want you to DROP your shield HERE and take cover HERE not OVER THERE which is going to cause all kinds of issues like being out of range or getting too close to another group of mobs or something else.

Would you please kindly take the option to roll into a take cover place as soon as we get the shield? It makes no sense for the gunslinger to continue doing that once the shield becomes part of the skill.

Edited by Cloneborg

9 minutes ago, Cloneborg said:

Would you please kindly take the option to roll into a take cover place as soon as we get the shield?

There's no need, since the option already exist in the form of 2 different keybinds/commands ( abilities tab ) for each type of  'cover'.

Unless you're talking about something else?

Edited by Nee-Elder

9 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

There's no need, since the option already exist in the form of 2 different keybinds/commands ( abilities tab ) for each type of  'cover'.

Unless you're talking about something else?

There is only one skill "Take cover" and that skill does either - if I am in a vicinity of a take cover it rolls to it, if I am in open space it drops the shield.

10 minutes ago, Cloneborg said:

There is only one skill "Take cover" and that skill does either - if I am in a vicinity of a take cover it rolls to it, if I am in open space it drops the shield.

Right but there's also another ability/command that only  drops you w/ shield, regardless of any nearby green 'cover spots' .

I have both commands keybinded, for the very reason you're describing.

The ability @Nee-Elder is referring to is called "Crouch" and its icon is green, whereas "Take Cover" is black/orange.

I only have crouch bound because I don't want to spare another keybind for Take Cover. I used to use the cover bar (R.I.P.) to save keybinds and I will forever be annoyed they silently removed it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zunayson said:

The ability @Nee-Elder is referring to is called "Crouch" and its icon is green, whereas "Take Cover" is black/orange.

I only have crouch bound because I don't want to spare another keybind for Take Cover. I used to use the cover bar (R.I.P.) to save keybinds and I will forever be annoyed they silently removed it.

They both do the SAME it's just that their description is worded slightly differently

Take cover:

"Roll into the SELECTED cover point.
If no cover point is available, you will crouch in place.

TAKING COVER enables the use of cover-only abilities, and so long as you remain down behind a cover object, most ranged attackers strike your cover instead."

Crouch:

"Crouches in place,
taking cover if used behind an object THAT provides cover.
CROUCHING enables the use of cover-only abilities, and so long as you remain down behind a cover object, most ranged attackers strike your cover instead."

What's the difference between the two? Is it that Take cover actually rolls you towards the cover object if it is in a small distance while with Crouch won't do that unless you are right behind the object?

23 minutes ago, Cloneborg said:

They both do the SAME it's just that their description is worded slightly differently

What's the difference between the two? Is it that Take cover actually rolls you towards the cover object if it is in a small distance while with Crouch won't do that unless you are right behind the object?

They aren't the same, which is what i was trying to explain earlier to you. ( but i wasn't in-game, so i might've been rushing the explanation a bit )

'crouch'  shouldn't  roll you at all  ( at least, it never rolls me  when i use it )

3 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

They aren't the same, which is what i was trying to explain earlier to you. ( but i wasn't in-game, so i might've been rushing the explanation a bit )

'crouch'  shouldn't  roll you at all  ( at least, it never rolls me  when i use it )

so that's the ONLY difference between the two?

Yes. Crouch mentions "taking cover" with that verbiage because crouch is still capable of giving you the natural cover bonus, which is the green shield above enemies head. 

Even if you're not 100% on a cover point, crouching behind an object still gives you the green shield. If you crouch in the middle of an open field, then you don't get the green shield at all. 

"Crouch" will never ever move your character.