Voss Shrub + Potted Green Plant decorations bugged/changed

apostates

After update 7.3 both the Planter: Voss Shrub and Potted Plant: Green Bush decorations have had their models changed (The actual model is different with a different stem, the textures have been changed and are of lower quality all around esp in lower light)

Before the update -

Potted Plant: Green Bush

Planter: Voss Shrub

After the update -

https://imgur.com/a/FZxxVUn

(Whilst I know this isn't a game breaking bug or anything major it's a little disappointing as the original decorations were wonderful. The new versions of the plants also do the generic "sway in the wind" motion which they didn't before.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

There is a problem with Alderaan bush textures as well. Some of them are missing, replaced with "Missing material" cards, and others seem like they are lower quality than before. I verified the files, I tried DiscCacheArena file, nothing changed.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/FDPbkP9

Edited by DudeistChaplain
Adding an image link for the problem
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, apostates said:

Oh that is a terrible change. I'm halfway through decorating a stronghold and I have a room that featured the Voss Shrub decos because they were so green and substantial looking. They look a lot less appealing now. 😕

• Like 3

I can confirm that!

Both decorations look like someone forgot to water them.

This broke several of my strongholds (especially the jedi ones) in which I use these plants as a special feature.

I'm not quite sure but these decorations seem to be low quality graphics.

• Thanks 2

Can confirm. The textures on both the Voss Shrub and Potted Green Plant just look terrible now. It's using the generic shrub on Voss all of a sudden since 7.3 and ruins the actual decoration since they don't really have a proper texture and lighting goes right through them. Makes them more of a blob of branches then the actual plant it looked like prior.

• Thanks 3

It seems that the intensity of colors and the density of the plants / trees has vanished.  :(

I'm not quite sure, but IMO Bioware had the idea to let the plants look like real ones.

Something must have gone completely wrong.

Please fix this "bug" asap, my strongholds look awful at the moment.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this as it seems like neither of them were ever fixed.

With the talk of updated textures in the livestream maybe it would be a great time to possibly revert these decorations to their original (more HD) look (Maybe? Please? I really miss my green bushes haha)

• Like 2