Nostalgia Trip Leads to Prophetic Vision

krackcommando

1 hour ago, krackcommando said:

you are wrong. a certain tier of player would play rated. and would play multiple classes in rated. vast swathes would not. you can hide behind ping. you can hide behind toxicity. but what's really going on there is ego. you'd get ground to a pulp and you know it. I say this as a person who only ever queued rated with meta specs (PTs in first few seasons; mercs in mid-later seasons). well...I also queued merc early and got pooped on.

Not sure why you’re so aggressive & personally attacking me, especially when I don’t think you actually understand at all what I meant.

I didn’t say there would be no rated PvP. I merely stated that ALL PvP would be rated. You still would have had your gold, silver & bronze tiers. You still would have had your top 3 / top 100 or even top 1000 players. The only difference is there wouldn’t have been a reg queue because everything would have been rated to start with.

There would have been no split in the community. Those that were the best would have still gotten the top rewards. Those who weren’t so serious would have come in as bronze tier. You would have had many more players together in the queues as well.

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

The only players more dedicated might be endlessly hopeful super-SW-nerds like me who remain  $ubbed for 12+ years

Isn’t that why most of us are still here 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Im pretty sure if this wasn’t a SW game, it would have been shut down years ago. 

38 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Not sure why you’re so aggressive & personally attacking me, especially when I don’t think you actually understand at all what I meant.

I didn’t say there would be no rated PvP. I merely stated that ALL PvP would be rated. You still would have had your gold, silver & bronze tiers. You still would have had your top 3 / top 100 or even top 1000 players. The only difference is there wouldn’t have been a reg queue because everything would have been rated to start with.

There would have been no split in the community. Those that were the best would have still gotten the top rewards. Those who weren’t so serious would have come in as bronze tier. You would have had many more players together in the queues as well.

what are you talking about? "you're wrong" is not a personal attack. the "you" is impersonal. sorry if that's an excuse that you (personal) use. but "I don't play b/c I have a bad ping" is literally, "I don't play b/c I'd get crushed" all dressed up in flowery language to protect your (impersonal) ego.

and I understand perfectly well what you meant. I said you cannot do public leader boards. I didn't say you couldn't do tiers. I said you'd have to develop draconian rules for every single queue. those are two things:

1. much more restrictive queue (including much more active moderation)
  2. don't publish leader board

you pushed back on number 2. you dismissed it as something that would only bother a few "snowflakes" (rich coming from you and your refusal to queue b/c premades exist - personal attack? i mean...irony). I'm telling you the major reason most ppl didn't participate in rated - yet pvp regularly, ignoring objectives and all - is so as not to embarrass themselves. translation: protecting their egos. keeping it casual.

it would be disatrous to make everyone's rating public. period. immediate attrition.

3 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

but "I don't play b/c I have a bad ping" is literally, "I don't play b/c I'd get crushed" all dressed up in flowery language to protect your (impersonal) ego.

This is a what I mean by personal attacks. You can’t have a civilised discussion without trying to make it personal🤦‍♀️. You obviously can’t rise above that for some reason. I think the simplest thing at this point is for me to just put you on ignore because you’re unable to have an adult conversation. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

9 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

This is a personal attack.

it's an example of the rhetorical sophistry we play on ourselves and in our "community" to explain our behavior. why, exactly, don't you (personal) play rated? you (personal) said it was because you have a bad ping. well so what? you'd have a bad ping without rated too, right? what's the difference. you tell me....

edit:

9 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You can’t have a civilised discussion without trying to make it personal🤦‍♀️. You obviously can’t rise above that for some reason. I think the simplest thing at this point is for me to just put you on ignore because you’re unable to have an adult conversation. 

😄 ok. I understand. it's easier to state your opinion and criticize when you don't have to deal with criticism of that analysis that takes into account things you've said and (supposedly, I don't know you in game) done.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I think BioWares biggest mistake with the whole ranked PvP vs reg PvP thing was them artificially making it seperate to start with.

I think BioWare's biggest mistake was being BioWare. Incompetent devs, limited resources, bad decisions after bad decisions. 

• Like 3