Disappearing world makes the game unplayable

Sanchpanza

This is the second heroic area that I've gone to today where I cannot actually complete the heroic because of disappearing world. It's not just a small angle, it's an 180 degress in some cases.

The first location was in Black Hole, Chasing the Shadow mission. The almost the entire of the second floor was glitched out.

The second was Coruscant, Trouble in Deed. The only part of the world that wasn't glitched was from West through to North by North East. It was almost 270 degrees of the view was glitched out and invisible.

This really needs to be fixed. This isn't happening on just one character or on any specific graphics setting, nor just in heroics.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I see the disappearing world a lot, but I do not see it during Chasing the Shadow on Black Hole, so there may be another variable at play here.

Well, it's not consistent for me either, but it's getting worse. One day I can log in and no problems. Next day every character gets it at some point. But when it's getting worse than it used to be.

It has been reported multiple times and it is random but related to the 64 bit update somehow.  I find restarting my game usually fixes it but I never know when it will come back.  I've had it happen in tons of different situations.

On 5/25/2023 at 10:03 PM, klizilii said:

It has been reported multiple times and it is random but related to the 64 bit update somehow.  I find restarting my game usually fixes it but I never know when it will come back.  I've had it happen in tons of different situations.

My testing has shown some interesting results.  It's never happens on my Assassin, no matter the location or settings.  On my Vanguard it happens frequently, and more often the higher my Refresh/Frame rate.  If I use maximum settings on my vanguard (240/200) it'll usually happen within a minute of using incendiary round or explosive surge.  It only happens to me underground, or in an instanced area.

3 hours ago, Cyberwraith said:

My testing has shown some interesting results.  It's never happens on my Assassin, no matter the location or settings.  On my Vanguard it happens frequently, and more often the higher my Refresh/Frame rate.  If I use maximum settings on my vanguard (240/200) it'll usually happen within a minute of using incendiary round or explosive surge.  It only happens to me underground, or in an instanced area.

Interesting, I noticed it happens less after they did the fix for the colour blind mode thing, but I also have changed my framerate from 120 to 60 fps, so that might also be part of why I see it less now.

i had this flickering world nonesense on my imp agent origin story commando not gunnery but the other spec with the fire, it happened only with that spec not with gunnery so something fishy with that spec and the flickering world disappearing is happening 

On 5/28/2023 at 2:45 PM, elimatorxv said:

i had this flickering world nonesense on my imp agent origin story commando not gunnery but the other spec with the fire, it happened only with that spec not with gunnery so something fishy with that spec and the flickering world disappearing is happening 

It definitely seems to be related to using fire abilities.  I've been playing my knight at max settings for a few days and it hasn't happened once.  But if I use my Vanguard with Incendiary round it's constant.

This happened to me today on my Consular/Shadow character on Nar Shadaa. I accidentally agro'd a droid while travelling on my speeder. It fired a missile that I could hear but couldn't see. When I got hit, the world disappeared, so your assumption about fire effects may be correct.

in fact it's not a 64bit problem, or even a 7.0 problem, it just got worse.

it seems, that especially on pub side this is a hugh problem. heroics on coruscant, voss, nar shadda are sometimes unplayable.
mostly the ones with nearby walls and it's even worse by playing a commando. i reported these effects years ago, like many
others, too. nothing happens. they also said, that some turrets got corrected, just to see, that there are still many floating around.

the actual state is really frustrating. group finder is broken, sometimes you can't get your group inside an operation, and you
need to change phases on and on until everybody can join in. players are shown dead, if they revive after the healer and even
if you can heal them directly, you cannot despell them. sometimes people can't revive, can't leave or join any group and even
restarten the game completely won't help. dozents of disconnects, even if there are more accounts playing via the same connection,
we could go on and on. even some actual exploits aren't fixed, reported weeks and months ago.