The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please make it economically feasible to move an entire legacy

StrikePrice

1 hour ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

I did the beginning of this galactic seasons on every server until r4 nim cacelled and saying flashpoints are aspirational content, so i have a sort of perspective on the other servers too. French and German servers are depressing, on those servers the downtime is maybe 2-10 people on fleet if you are lucky. Malgus is okay in their uptime and SS get ready to wait for hours for a group, if the 7 missions took me 4-5 hours, 3  were waiting on fleet to find people to do the missions.
SF is not the norm, is the exception because everyone that likes group content flocked onto it. People from SS go to SF for raids and even European players did the same.

The game keeps afloat thanks to a few people buying off the cartel market not the active players. Even the mobile star wars game has more coverage in star wars celebration than this one. And Bioware pushing away once again the endgame raiders will lower cartel market sales too. So who knows what will happen.
But at the end of the day, i'm pretty sure everyone can agree that if this game was not about star wars it would have died years ago, the name is what keeps it alive not the lackluster expansions or lack of meaningful group content they have been doing for years. 

New World also had an awful launch and went from 1m active players to few thousands with all the in game economic issues they had and exploits. 

No data is 100% accurate but the ones the devs have and will never share. But age of a game does not matter that much either and usually (with very few exceptions) correlates with the playerbase of the game, you have runescape that was released on 2001 with 13.7k viewers right now, or wow released in 2004 with 79.7k viewers.

I have no bone to pick though, i played new world at the beginning but it seemed more pvp centric and that is not my thing so quit like a week after launch, although as someone that does not care for crafting, the gathering and crafting in that game was like therapeutic and fell in love with it. And i stopped playing swtor too, i will give it a couple of months to see if they announce actual aspirational content and if they don't i will log and go to fleet and gift away the hundreds of hypercrates i have, dyes, datacrons and the credits never to return. 

Either way if new world is as bad as you say it is now, would be like comparing who is more alive between the person 10 feet under the ground or the one being buried right now 

I'm not going back over a touching on every portion you quoted, it's a waste of time. What I will go with is that yes, no data is 100%, you knowing this, should be all you need to know when coming to your assumption to begin with. So unless you can provide actual data, which you cannot, nor can I prove that SWTOR's population is higher, then once again, this debate is futile, pretty sure I already pointed that out, but why not point it out again. What is out there is the only proof that can indicate which population is higher, and that is SWTOR's, whether you think it's accurate or not is irrelevant.

Regarding anything about this game, you're not telling me anything I don't already know. Been here since launch and played it for nine straight years with only a break recently, you're preaching to the choir.

I played New World at launch, was there for all the sausage links in chat, no pun intended, and all the other exploits, it was a complete disaster. Came back with the Brimstone expansion and found out there's still almost nothing to do at end game and PvP there is still a joke. The best thing about that game is the action combat. That game will not last five years unless it is drastically changed very soon, and that's including adding mounts, which is what I somewhat eluded to, to begin with, the 'red flag' part about their forums being taken down, 

Edited by Pirana

Twitch numbers are also not 100% relatable to the total population of the game but it somehow shows interest on the game. While swtor has 100-300 viewers daily new world righ now has 2.6k viewers.

Some of us play SWTOR that don't use twitch. Like me 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:11 AM, StrikePrice said:

My server is dead. I want to get off of it. But, with 30 toons, it's economically infeasible to move my whole legacy. I could leave some toons behind, etc., but I'd rather have a "transfer legacy" option that moved my legacy, all toons, banks, everything. 

In fact, as dead as SS is, EA should be offering free transfers off that server. It is below the standard of play that is purported to be offered. 

Myself & others asked for this several years ago before the last mergers from dead servers & those servers were way more dead than SS currently is. BioWares response was discounted transfers. But even 90cc an Alt becomes too expensive when you have 30-100 characters in your legacy. I can’t ever see BioWare offering free transfers, even though in the case of dead or dying servers, they should. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pirana said:

I play on Star Forge, I guess the server pops are lower than I thought... lol I created a couple of alts on SS years ago, but haven't touched that server since then. Maybe there will be another consolidation. If this is indeed the case, there's no way a 'fresh start' server will ever happen.

I recently logged into, well tried to log into the New World forums yesterday, they're gone. They're using the "we'll migrate everything to Discord" excuse, but those are usually the red flags. So if SS is that dead, there may just be another consolidation here at some point.

It might if it’s regional to bring APAC players back to the game. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pirana said:

I play on Star Forge, I guess the server pops are lower than I thought... lol I created a couple of alts on SS years ago, but haven't touched that server since then. Maybe there will be another consolidation. If this is indeed the case, there's no way a 'fresh start' server will ever happen.

I recently logged into, well tried to log into the New World forums yesterday, they're gone. They're using the "we'll migrate everything to Discord" excuse, but those are usually the red flags. So if SS is that dead, there may just be another consolidation here at some point.

Amazon had stated on the Lost Ark forum the move to Discord was to make it easier for them to manage any negative posts made by players. They stated that this was in their best interest to make all of their games with out a forum.

Cirran

2 hours ago, Cirran said:

Amazon had stated on the Lost Ark forum the move to Discord was to make it easier for them to manage any negative posts made by players. They stated that this was in their best interest to make all of their games with out a forum.

Cirran

I read that somewhere as well, don't buy it, but I can see that point of view. I think the best solution would have been not to release borderline terrible content, such as NW to begin with, and they wouldn't have had so much negative feedback. lol The problem I see is that there are quite a few people I know that refuse to use Discord, so now they're potentially alienating more people that may want to try the game, but it's Amazon, who am I to argue how they run business, for the most part, they obviously know what they're doing.

Edited by Pirana

19 minutes ago, Leland_SmokeZz said:

It's completely dead at night on satele shan, it's horrible. I would damn near do anything to move my legacy to star forge. I am frequently on at night.

What time of night. I just left Tython a few minutes ago and there were nearly 100 people there. Seems reasonably active to me.