The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please make it economically feasible to move an entire legacy

StrikePrice

My server is dead. I want to get off of it. But, with 30 toons, it's economically infeasible to move my whole legacy. I could leave some toons behind, etc., but I'd rather have a "transfer legacy" option that moved my legacy, all toons, banks, everything. 

In fact, as dead as SS is, EA should be offering free transfers off that server. It is below the standard of play that is purported to be offered. 

Edited by StrikePrice
  • Like 1

Well if the server is as dead as you say I doubt it has long left before they shut it down and you can move all your toons for free. If the cloud PTS went well all the servers may get migrated to cloud ones anyway. But I agree it would be nice to have the option to move an entire legacy.

Edited by GruntVIII

55 minutes ago, eabevella said:

I would move to SS if there's an option to move all my decorations unlock from SF to SS.

Now that's a paid transfer option I wish to have.

The irony is that OP probably wants to go vice versa. It's quite hard to get steady queues on SS compared to SF.

8 hours ago, GruntVIII said:

Well if the server is as dead as you say I doubt it has long left before they shut it down and you can move all your toons for free. If the cloud PTS went well all the servers may get migrated to cloud ones anyway. But I agree it would be nice to have the option to move an entire legacy.

Good point. I guess this is what I am asking for. 

I play on Star Forge, I guess the server pops are lower than I thought... lol I created a couple of alts on SS years ago, but haven't touched that server since then. Maybe there will be another consolidation. If this is indeed the case, there's no way a 'fresh start' server will ever happen.

I recently logged into, well tried to log into the New World forums yesterday, they're gone. They're using the "we'll migrate everything to Discord" excuse, but those are usually the red flags. So if SS is that dead, there may just be another consolidation here at some point.

While SS is far from being a dead server, Group content if your not in a guild is definitely lacking on that server. PvP queu's are slow, GSF is slow, pug Ops groups are hard to come by if your not forming them yourself, and can take awhile to form if your creating it. I can't speak for FP's, since I haven't done any of them in a long time.

If your looking for more of a server to play solo content on without having a lot of people in your instance then SS is for you. 

If you want Group content SF is far better when it comes to the NA servers.

5 minutes ago, Toraak said:

While SS is far from being a dead server, Group content if your not in a guild is definitely lacking on that server. PvP queu's are slow, GSF is slow, pug Ops groups are hard to come by if your not forming them yourself, and can take awhile to form if your creating it. I can't speak for FP's, since I haven't done any of them in a long time.

If your looking for more of a server to play solo content on without having a lot of people in your instance then SS is for you. 

If you want Group content SF is far better when it comes to the NA servers.

"SS is far from being a dead server" goes on to describe exactly a dead server. 

9 hours ago, eabevella said:

I would move to SS if there's an option to move all my decorations unlock from SF to SS.

Now that's a paid transfer option I wish to have.

All you have to do is transfer one character from SF to SS and all of your decorations will unlock on SS (unless you are talking about mount and pet decos).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

All you have to do is transfer one character from SF to SS and all of your decorations will unlock on SS (unless you are talking about mount and pet decos).

Oh! That's wonderful news!

If I move a character from SF to SS, will I still keep the decoration unlock on SF after transfer (I have multiple toons on SF)? Would be great if both side can have the unlock.

1 hour ago, StrikePrice said:

"SS is far from being a dead server" goes on to describe exactly a dead server. 

Depends on what your looking for. SS has plenty of Solo players, just not group oriented ones.

A dead server is a server that simply has no playerbase for any content. The old PvP servers were dead. go to a planet, and find nothing, go to fleet nd find nothing, no pops of any kind.

11 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Oh! That's wonderful news!

If I move a character from SF to SS, will I still keep the decoration unlock on SF after transfer (I have multiple toons on SF)? Would be great if both side can have the unlock.

Yes.  Basically what it does is merge your decos on the destination server (it does not add them together) and gives you the maximum from either the source server or the destination server.  For example

SS Chair - 5
SF Chair - 3

If you transfer a character from SS to SF, you will have 5 chairs on both SS and SF.  If you transfer a character from SF to SS, your chair counts will remain the same.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirana said:

I recently logged into, well tried to log into the New World forums yesterday, they're gone. They're using the "we'll migrate everything to Discord" excuse, but those are usually the red flags. So if SS is that dead, there may just be another consolidation here at some point.

New world has around double the population than swtor has according to steam chart, and it would be x3 or x4 he population if you count it before swtor released 64bit. If new world is dying then by that logic swtor as a whole is on it's grave.

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

While SS is far from being a dead server, Group content if your not in a guild is definitely lacking on that server. PvP queu's are slow, GSF is slow, pug Ops groups are hard to come by if your not forming them yourself, and can take awhile to form if your creating it

A game that takes endgame as an afterthought is making people leave because there is no new group content or because there are less and less people to do that content with. I am incredibly shocked!!! 
Same happened on 4.0 and early 5.0, people started quitting for no endgame content and what was left flocked to harbinger on NA when there were still people playing the old end game content. Now it seems people are flocking to SF. At least at the time the transfers were at 90cc if i remember correctly.
Who would have guessed that would happen again if you make no end game content... :classic_rolleyes: 
As the saying goes, "man is the only animal that trips twice over the same stone"

12 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

New world has around double the population than swtor has according to steam chart, and it would be x3 or x4 he population if you count it before swtor released 64bit. If new world is dying then by that logic swtor as a whole is on it's grave.

First it wasn't a comparison between the two games' populations, read it again. I'll point it out though just so you're clear, New World removing their forums is not a good sign for the game. Second, if you're only comparing Steam numbers between the two games, then you might be correct. Here's the difference, New World is only available via Steam, SWTOR is not. SWTOR's numbers far exceed the population of New World's and it's not close.

Edited by Pirana

6 minutes ago, Pirana said:

First it wasn't a comparison between the two games' populations, read it again. I'll point it out though just so you're clear, New World removing their forums is not a good sign for the game. Second, if you're only comparing Steam numbers between the two games, then you might be correct. Here's the difference, New World is only available via Steam, SWTOR is not. SWTOR's numbers far exceed the population of New World's and it's not close.

You should really see the other servers outside of SF if you truly believe swtor has far more population than new world

10 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

You should really see the other servers outside of SF if you truly believe swtor has far more population than new world

Not needed, there are plenty of charts out there and SWTOR is over a 100k active player base, you can even lowball that at 50k, whether that's mostly FTP or subs, either way, it's well above New World, which is floating around 25k. 

2 minutes ago, Pirana said:

Not needed, there are plenty of charts out there and SWTOR is over a 100k active player base, you can even lowball that at 50k, whether that's mostly FTP or subs, either way, it's well above New World, which is floating around 25k. 

Those made up numbers some websites have are complete bs if you reead what they use for their algorithm. The only reliable part of population it is steam charts.
Twitch numbers are also not 100% relatable to the total population of the game but it somehow shows interest on the game. While swtor has 100-300 viewers daily new world righ now has 2.6k viewers. 
Besides even if those numbers were true, which are nott. Those "100K" players does not mean there are 100k active players at the same time, some people play for a few minutes and don't log for the rest of the day, so those 100k active daily players can easily be 5-10k active players right now

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

22 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Those made up numbers some websites have are complete bs if you reead what they use for their algorithm. The only reliable part of population it is steam charts.
Twitch numbers are also not 100% relatable to the total population of the game but it somehow shows interest on the game. While swtor has 100-300 viewers daily new world righ now has 2.6k viewers. 
Besides even if those numbers were true, which are nott. Those "100K" players does not mean there are 100k active players at the same time, some people play for a few minutes and don't log for the rest of the day, so those 100k active daily players can easily be 5-10k active players right now

Steam isn't reliable when comparing the two games... only New World, that's it. lol Regarding who plays when and for how long, that is how stats are polled. SWTOR can be played without Steam. Do you understand that? This is futile debate, I'm not here to defend SWTOR and their questionable decisions, I've been more than critical of their poor decisions over the years. Again though, I'll point out something that was abundantly clear, New World removing their forums was a red flag, what that ultimately means, no idea, but it's not good. This back and forth is pointless, but hey, we can keep going. 

Edited by Pirana

59 minutes ago, Pirana said:

Steam isn't reliable when comparing the two games... only New World, that's it. lol Regarding who plays when and for how long, that is how stats are polled. SWTOR can be played without Steam. Do you understand that? This is futile debate, I'm not here to defend SWTOR and their questionable decisions, I've been more than critical of their poor decisions over the years. Again though, I'll point out something that was abundantly clear, New World removing their forums was a red flag, what that ultimately means, no idea, but it's not good. This back and forth is pointless, but hey, we can keep going. 

Thats why i said partially... And i completely understand, and i know algorithms because i have done thousands of them and those websites take into account for "player numbers" information like twitter activity or reddit subscribers of said game. It's like  google trends, but with different algorithm  and way less information to make the trend. 
Which is why i said twitch is a far more reliable method to see engage and interest in a game right now and why new world has far more interest than swtor.
Whether New World is doing worse than before their next expansion or patch idk, maybe it is, maybe because discord is actually better than forums now and with more options, or maybe they are switching to discord server because they can make money out of it too. 

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

Yes.  Basically what it does is merge your decos on the destination server (it does not add them together) and gives you the maximum from either the source server or the destination server.  For example

SS Chair - 5
SF Chair - 3

If you transfer a character from SS to SF, you will have 5 chairs on both SS and SF.  If you transfer a character from SF to SS, your chair counts will remain the same.

Although my mains are on SF, but I found a guild on SS I like a lot so I'm considering shifting more effort there.

Knowing that I can transfer decos there is great, thanks a lot!!

30 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Thats why i said partially... And i completely understand, and i know algorithms because i have done thousands of them and those websites take into account for "player numbers" information like twitter activity or reddit subscribers of said game. It's like  google trends, but with different algorithm  and way less information to make the trend. 
Which is why i said twitch is a far more reliable method to see engage and interest in a game right now and why new world has far more interest than swtor.
Whether New World is doing worse than before their next expansion or patch idk, maybe it is, maybe because discord is actually better than forums now and with more options, or maybe they are switching to discord server because they can make money out of it too. 

I think New World does have more interest than this game, it's new and SWTOR isn't, that's anything in life though. New World dropping their forum is a huge mistake, I know plenty of people that refuse to use Discord. There's no way to determine the exact numbers here unless you log into each server every hour for a week or two and use the 'who' function and start counting planet numbers, then you'll get rough idea of how many people play this game currently. New World, the numbers are right there. If this game was under 25k, which is what New World has been averaging of late, SWTOR will shut down in less than a year, that's  barely enough for maintenance mode. There's a reason it's still running, it's still profitable, NW, there's a little more wiggle room, it's Amazon. 

This game has a really bad reputation around most gaming communities due to their poor launch, which other than story, was nothing short of average. Most people view this game as a solo game only with no end game, that is the rep it mostly has because most people left at launch. As far as the actual numbers go and what Twitch provides, not too many people stream SWTOR, it's too old to do so, so using Twitch as your stance is no different than using polls from other sites. As for NW and their expansion Brimstone, you can see for yourself what's happened to it since that expansion a few months back: https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

There's no way SWTOR's numbers are that low. 

Edited by Pirana

45 minutes ago, Pirana said:

There's no way to determine the exact numbers here unless you log into each server every hour for a week or two and use the 'who' function and start counting planet numbers, then you'll get rough idea of how many people play this game currently.

I did the beginning of this galactic seasons on every server until r4 nim cacelled and saying flashpoints are aspirational content, so i have a sort of perspective on the other servers too. French and German servers are depressing, on those servers the downtime is maybe 2-10 people on fleet if you are lucky. Malgus is okay in their uptime and SS get ready to wait for hours for a group, if the 7 missions took me 4-5 hours, 3  were waiting on fleet to find people to do the missions.
SF is not the norm, is the exception because everyone that likes group content flocked onto it. People from SS go to SF for raids and even European players did the same.

If this game was under 25k, which is what New World has been averaging of late, SWTOR will shut down in less than a year

The game keeps afloat thanks to a few people buying off the cartel market not the active players. Even the mobile star wars game has more coverage in star wars celebration than this one. And Bioware pushing away once again the endgame raiders will lower cartel market sales too. So who knows what will happen.
But at the end of the day, i'm pretty sure everyone can agree that if this game was not about star wars it would have died years ago, the name is what keeps it alive not the lackluster expansions or lack of meaningful group content they have been doing for years. 

This game has a really bad reputation around most gaming communities due to their poor launch

New World also had an awful launch and went from 1m active players to few thousands with all the in game economic issues they had and exploits. 

As far as the actual numbers go and what Twitch provides, not too many people stream SWTOR, it's too old to do so, so using Twitch as your stance is no different than using polls from other sites

No data is 100% accurate but the ones the devs have and will never share. But age of a game does not matter that much either and usually (with very few exceptions) correlates with the playerbase of the game, you have runescape that was released on 2001 with 13.7k viewers right now, or wow released in 2004 with 79.7k viewers.

I have no bone to pick though, i played new world at the beginning but it seemed more pvp centric and that is not my thing so quit like a week after launch, although as someone that does not care for crafting, the gathering and crafting in that game was like therapeutic and fell in love with it. And i stopped playing swtor too, i will give it a couple of months to see if they announce actual aspirational content and if they don't i will log and go to fleet and gift away the hundreds of hypercrates i have, dyes, datacrons and the credits never to return. 

Either way if new world is as bad as you say it is now, would be like comparing who is more alive between the person 10 feet under the ground or the one being buried right now 

Edited by xxSHOONYxx