For everyone who thinks Bioware have screwed them

Dancolls

I would like to draw your attention to the email sent out by Bioware on the 21st July 2011.

Preorder bonuses include:

• Early Game Access - create your character and explore the universe first.

• The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day.

• A unique Color Stone to change your weapon effect - only available via pre-order.

In other words, since the moment they said you were allowed to preorder, the staggered entry into EGA has been on the table. So grow the **** up, stop whining like spoiled children, and be pleased that some time soon, in the next few days, you'll be immersed in this awesome game. And you'll be in before John McNotafanboi. Take some solace in that, even if you can't show your epic purple lutes to all the noobs come the 20th.

Additionally, give the poor bastards a break. They've been working on the game for years, it's not even come out yet, and already you're acting like they are evil just for going home at the end of the day. Hardly seems fair. Would you rather they just didn't come in tomorrow?

Edited by Dancolls

I would like to draw your attention to the email sent out by Bioware on the 21st July 2011.

In other words, since the moment they said you were allowed to preorder, the staggered entry into EGA has been on the table. So grow the **** up, stop whining like spoiled children, and be pleased that some time soon, in the next few days, you'll be immersed in this awesome game. And you'll be in before John McNotafanboi. Take some solace in that, even if you can't show your epic purple lutes to all to noobs come the 20th.

That lack of information regarding the staggered launch is the problem.

Please read a single post before trying to be "witty"

Fair enough. Just thought it was a piece of information that had been lost in the landslide of silliness.

And Metsuro, unless I'm being dense, my post explains that there has been information about it. Preorder earlier = get in earlier. Is it that complex that you need so much more detail?

Edited by Dancolls

I was hoping to get my EGA today, but I didn't. Am I a little disappointed? Sure, but I'm sure I'll live. I'd rather wait my turn than log in and have server crash 15 minutes later from too many people logging in. I'll get in soon enough. I'm sure the rest of you will too.

Good post. I applaud you.

In other words, since the moment they said you were allowed to preorder, the staggered entry into EGA has been on the table. So grow the **** up, stop whining like spoiled children, and be pleased that some time soon, in the next few days, you'll be immersed in this awesome game. And you'll be in before John McNotafanboi. Take some solace in that, even if you can't show your epic purple lutes to all the noobs come the 20th.

Additionally, give the poor bastards a break. They've been working on the game for years, it's not even come out yet, and already you're acting like they are evil just for going home at the end of the day. Hardly seems fair. Would you rather they just didn't come in tomorrow?

yes they have been working on the game for years. Which meant they had years to plan the launch. This was the best they came up with? Really?

Will you let this die a death? These counter-attack threads are as bad as the QQ threads. People are coming to terms with each other. We just all need to take a step back!

There is nothing to come to terms about. It is a bunch of self-entitled wining. A bunch of people decide to jump on the TOR bandwagon at the last minute and are complaining about those who pre-ordered their game on Day 1 getting in first.

I have been reading the forums all day at work disgusted by the community as a whole over this. I've tried to avoid the General Forums and stick to the other ones to get helpful info. I've never seen a bigger bunch of babies than what I have read here today.

That lack of information regarding the staggered launch is the problem.

Please read a single post before trying to be "witty"

What wasn't clear about the staggered launch? I've known about the staggered launch since July. They were very clear and open about it. They didn't give hard numbers on what dates get in, but why would they?

The posts are ridiculous from the people who didn't get in.

R.I.F.

Reading

Is

Fundamental

There is nothing to come to terms about. It is a bunch of self-entitled wining. A bunch of people decide to jump on the TOR bandwagon at the last minute and are complaining about those who pre-ordered their game on Day 1 getting in first.

I have been reading the forums all day at work disgusted by the community as a whole over this. I've tried to avoid the General Forums and stick to the other ones to get helpful info. I've never seen a bigger bunch of babies than what I have read here today.

I know exactly what you're saying having read the same material as you. But in the last hour we've moved on to different topics than early access, we're now talking about names, the Best Buy dev talk, pvp exploits. I think constantly reviving this EGA topic is a piss take. And if you feel power by doing so you're the immature people.

R.I.F.

Reading

Is

Fundamental

This.

I think constantly reviving this EGA topic is a piss take. And if you feel power by doing so you're the immature people.

My apologies that I don't have my finger on the pulse of the community on a moment to moment basis. I shall refrain from posting topics that are behind the zeitgeist in the future. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dancolls

Just because it was announced doesn't make a bad decision better. They could have said Early access begins on December 15th and Launch is January 15th. Would that have made a month of early access takable and people would be saying the game hasn't "launched". Of course not.

A pre-announced bad decision is still bad. I thought early access would be 5 days (as they announced) and I assumed everyone who preordered would get in the first 2-3 days. Now it is 7 days and it looks like the last preorders get in on the 7th day.

What wasn't clear about the staggered launch? I've known about the staggered launch since July. They were very clear and open about it. They didn't give hard numbers on what dates get in, but why would they?

The posts are ridiculous from the people who didn't get in.

Are you seriously clueless about what people are complaining about? The lack of information is WHEN people will get in. You don't find out until the day of/minute that you get in and Bioware hasn't announced any reasonable general timelines.

Why would they give hard or at least harder numbers? Maybe to make their customers happy...

Edited by HornedToad

hey fool.

i.t. datacenter staff do not 'go home'. datacenters are populated 24/7 in shifts. so, there ARE people in the datacenter as of now.

I'm fine with the staggered launch and everything going on, its just I didn't remember that this game was coming out until the day people started asking what I wanted for Christmas, and I also thought that when I preordered it was going to be a everyone gets in within 2 days thing. Sadly I didn't do my research was all hyped up.

It's a shame, but hopefully I'll beable to play atleast 2 days before the launch, if I'm lucky.

I'm not mad at Bioware at all.

Just because it was announced doesn't make a bad decision better. They could have said Early access begins on December 15th and Launch is January 15th. Would that have made a month of early access takable and people would be saying the game hasn't "launched". Of course not.

A pre-announced bad decision is still bad. I thought early access would be 5 days (as they announced) and I assumed everyone who preordered would get in the first 2-3 days. Now it is 7 days and it looks like the last preorders get in on the 7th day.

I appreciate your point, but the issue here is as much your own assumption regarding the implementation of the EGA as it is any perceived mistake by Bioware. And if it was such a bad decision, people have had many months to register their complaints. Bit late now, don't you think?

hey fool.

i.t. datacenter staff do not 'go home'. datacenters are populated 24/7 in shifts. so, there ARE people in the datacenter as of now.

Hey playa.

Indeed they do not. However, as another thread has pointed out, the more important ones generally don't work the night shift. So the people making it possible to support new waves of invites have gone home for the night. Unless you want people being invited all day round, and the severs crashing every few hours due to a lack of dedicated staff. Admittedly I am making many assumptions here, but they are fairly sound in my opinion (but then they would be ;)). Also, fool's a bit rude... :(

Edited by Dancolls

I appreciate your point, but the issue here is as much your own assumption regarding the implementation of the EGA as it is any perceived mistake by Bioware. And if it was such a bad decision, people have had many months to register their complaints. Bit late now, don't you think?

:(

No, the issue is not being able to play with friends and guildmates and sitting in a LONG queue waiting for a chance to play or even find out when they can play. 7 day EGA is bad enough, no notification of when you'll get in makes it worse.