Next new game

Ardrossan

Since 7.0 dropped I've been slowly raising up all my alts from 75-80, and soon that process will finally be done. I'm a bit tired of swtor so I'll be taking a step off the GS hamster wheel after 2XP. I have a lot of games that I bought during steam and epic game sales that i haven't gotten around to playing, and wondering if the forum can help me decide what to try next. The only caveat is that I don't want to buy anything else until I've played through these. So, in no particular order:

•  Dragon Age series - I played DAO to endgame then lost all my progress in a glitch. I've heard the other two games are worth playing but shouldn't I complete DAO first?
  •  Control - I played about an hour of this and liked it before doing something else and forgetting about it. I like the connection to SCP though and the resident evil feeling.
  •  Tyranny - Got through the character creation stage but then read some reviews and discovered that it's quite difficult, which is a con, but has a really good story. 
  •  Fallout series - I have all of them except Fallout 3 and 4. Never touched any but I did try the mmo and thought it was pretty bad, which discouraged me.  
  •  Bioshock series - I played the remastered first one for quite awhile but I eventually found the combat very repetitive and also kept getting lost.
  •  Batman Arkham series - I've got all except Origins. I haven't touched any of them. I did check the graphics for the first one and thought it looked kinda ugly.
  •  Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - I haven't touched this game but might have been turned off it by the mmo. I'm on a bit of a LOTR kick right now though.
  •  Dishonored - All I know about this game is it's kinda like prince of persia. I think I picked this because it has multiple ways of completing objectives.

Edited by Ardrossan
Sparkly colors
  • Like 1

Good for you! I'm doing the same thing as well. I think this is a good time for a break and with that said I find Xbox Gamepass for pc to be a fantastic way to check out new games. As a matter of fact, all the games you mentioned are there so it might be worth a gander. 

13 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

I've heard the other two games are worth playing but shouldn't I complete DAO first?

There are follow-ups from the earlier DA games to the later ones, even into DA:I, and the later games can import earlier saves in some way so as to allow you to continue the story using the earlier story context.

21 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

Batman Arkham series - I've got all except Origins. I haven't touched any of them. I did check the graphics for the first one and thought it looked kinda ugly.

I would not call it ugly, but it does have it time since release; so compared to current titles (even to 2 and 3 of the series) is looks older.

Still, is a very good game, 100% recomended if you like batman.

I have done this, but I went with FFX and found out I love it and the free company (guild there) is good.  I have found an interesting change, which is when I do a dungeon or raid (that doesn't use the NPC) and you let them know you are new, they are extremely helpful and nice.

5 minutes ago, casirabit said:

I have done this, but I went with FFX and found out I love it and the free company (guild there) is good.  I have found an interesting change, which is when I do a dungeon or raid (that doesn't use the NPC) and you let them know you are new, they are extremely helpful and nice.

I think you don't mean FFX, since that's an *old* single-player game, but "free company" suggest FFXIV (FF14), which is pretty as all Lleh, marred only by the obligation to do group content every N levels during the "base game" story.  Apparently, this flaw has been deactivated recently.

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I think you don't mean FFX, since that's an *old* single-player game, but "free company" suggest FFXIV (FF14), which is pretty as all Lleh, marred only by the obligation to do group content every N levels during the "base game" story.  Apparently, this flaw has been deactivated recently.

Yes FFXIV.