So why sith warrior slash animation isn't yet fixed?

Sewerus

So today i logged into my Juggernaut after around 2 years not playing him.  I noticed the slash animation of Juggernaut looks like the slash animation of a marauder.

I skim through the bug forum and i noticed it has been reported in 2022.

So my question is, when it is gonna be fixed?

I cannot play my sith warrior like this.

Thanks for the info,

Cheers

Edited by Sewerus
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

The magic 8 ball says ‘Outlook not good’. 

The real question is why i am still playing this game since developers do not give a **** about player, since they cannot even do a simple animation swap.

Edited by Sewerus
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Sewerus said:

The real question is why i am still playing this game since developers do not give a **** about player, since they cannot even do a simple animation swap.

That’s something you have to decide yourself.   Why can’t you play the Jugg however?   It doesn’t break the ability as far as I know. 

3 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

That’s something you have to decide yourself.   Why can’t you play the Jugg however?   It doesn’t break the ability as far as I know. 

Because i play my jugg for the animations. I choose him for animations since i love them. I cannot player characters/class who has **** animations. It was same in wow, when i stopped playing my paladin after the change animation in legion expansion.  I was playing him from 2007 till 2016. Main reason: animation change/ new skills.

But back to the topic. I love my jugg for his voice and combat animations. So i do not give a **** if it works properly. I am only interested if it looks cool or not.

Now it doesn't.

P.S.

Damn, i really was hoping to finish the season but a man really needs to have principles.

5 minutes ago, Sewerus said:

Because i play my jugg for the animations. I choose him for animations since i love them. I cannot player characters/class who has **** animations. It was same in wow, when i stopped playing my paladin after the change animation in legion expansion.  I was playing him from 2007 till 2016. Main reason: animation change/ new skills.

But back to the topic. I love my jugg for his voice and combat animations. So i do not give a **** if it works properly. I am only interested if it looks cool or not.

Now it doesn't.

P.S.

Damn, i really was hoping to finish the season but a man really needs to have principles.

Then you may need to stop playing.   They have changed animations before and this may be one they have no intention of fixing or it is just so far down the list it won’t happen any time soon. 

So glad I'm not the only one who is irritated about this.  That new vicious slash is awful and looks wrong on so many levels.  Gameplay wise, I havent tested it but it seems like there is a lag, because the Mara's one does have a lag. This happens when you raise the lightsaber, there's a lag of around 1 second, before bringing it down in a chopping action.  Now, on the Mara one, I understand because you have 2 weapons. On a Jugg, this lag makes no sense.  I was so excited when this bug got acknowledged and added to the bug list, but recent update did nothing to resolve it.  

5 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Then you may need to stop playing.   They have changed animations before and this may be one they have no intention of fixing or it is just so far down the list it won’t happen any time soon. 

The sad thing is I'm afraid you're correct.  It's like the dev trying to push players away by fixing stuff that doesnt need to be fixed.  I can tolerate bugs that crept up because of new features or old bugs.  I can also tolerate meaningful animation change: new Ravage was introduced to make Vengeance Jugg playstyle smoother.  But a 10+ years old Vicious Slash animation that works everytime,  it is stupid to change imo. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, afwhoefuwov said:

So glad I'm not the only one who is irritated about this.

new Ravage was introduced to make Vengeance Jugg playstyle smoother.  But a 10+ years old Vicious Slash animation that works everytime,  it is stupid to change imo. 

In my opinion, the old/original  animations & channels & such were  wayyyy more fun & immersive.

It still pains me today to use that awful out-of-sync jumping hyperfast Sorc 'overload'  skill.  ( So the old version required just a bit more player skill & timing.  So what?!?! )

Why do Devs always have to dumb down their game & vision, instead of motivating players to smarter UP ?!?!

./end-mini-rant :mad:

• Like 2

Honestly, I think the removal/changing of animations has been one of the worst things that's happened to the game. Most of the things people complain about now are the quality of new content or the lack of new content. These changes actually have removed/changed some of the original (imo really impeccable) 1.0 SWTOR content. Just a few I can think of:

Unload on Powertech

Casted Flamethrower on Powertech

Death from Above on Powertech

Juggernaut channeled Ravage

Juggernaut Vicious Slash

Inquisitor Overload

Guardian channeled Master Strike

I used to main a powertech back from around launch to 2015 or so, and when they changed the animations and removed all the casted skills it just never felt the same.

It's a lot like replacing the Class Story icons on the character select screen (which were colorful, felt like they fit the classes perfectly, and there was nothing wrong with them) with the pixel art MS Paint monochrome garbage we got in 7.0

So much money and development hours were poured into this game at launch, why undo any of that work and replace it with things of lesser quality? Blows my mind.

• Like 2

In the patch note for 7.2 in December, there was a mention of a "Fixed the character’s animation when casting Vicious Slash".  I mained both Mara and Jugg, and didnt see anything wrong with the Vicious Slash animations.  Instead, we got this mess.  

• Like 1

My dear Sith Lord. You seem to be a passionate player and I'm afraid your passion for this game may destroy you. 

I haven't been like the most avid poster in this forum, but from what I see I don't even understand the use for a bug report  or suggestions session of the forum...

To put things into an interesting perspective: there was a bug with the cartel market sale the other day. They fixed that like their lives depended on it. 2 hours later it was fixed. I don't think, however, this is entirely the devs fault. They have their share of blame sure, but I think most of the blame can be placed on how EA runs their operations.

We all know how that goes: (currently at step 5) the dev team is severely reduced from what it used to be: 
1. They invest the **** out of a new game, and most of the time is more than they can chew (SWTOR was the most expensive MMO ever released)
2. **** it release it anyway we will fix the bugs later (every patch it's a **** show)
3. See that there are too many bugs to fix but they got their profit margin from the game first weeks of release (with SWTOR: unless the bug affects the cartel market never fix it)
4. Don't fix bugs, deliver empty promises, and milk the player base while you are at it with some cosmetics, loot boxes. 
5. Slowly but surely decrease the size of the team involved in the game's development
6. Game is dead stop development (I don't think this will happen with SWTOR because I think it makes a lot of money and EA doesn't have to spend a dime, it's just great business. That's what you get when you license star wars products, you can release the biggest, steaming, pile of **** and star wars fans will flock to your game like crazy)
7. Publisher is dead, consume corpse
8. Rinse and repeat

Another reason MIGHT BE the engine they developed the game on. No developer wants to spend their time and career developing for an unused engine. There might be a shortage of people interested in developing the game. Then again, LOTRO probably has a smaller team and I think the engine is (I don't even know) and they develop the  ****  out of that game, dev livestream constantly, but again their distributor seems to have a different mindset than EA.

Based on this, there are only two ways EA may change their mode of operation with SWTOR. As we have seen in the past: Fifa packs debacle (went to court for "surprise mechanincs" like a kinder egg (come the **** on), Star wars battlefront debacle) They only change their greedy ways when they are called out for it and suffer major backlash (most disliked post on reddit, Belgium legalizing loot boxes) . They don't care about the games, they don't care about you, they care about your money and how can they take it from you in the most efficient matter and sometimes making use of illegal practices (wanting to go against Belgium law to sell FIFA packs, just goes to show the extent they are willing to go to get your money)

I believe there should be a major boycott to swtor until things are addressed. People need to get rightfully angry with this game if they want any change. I'm just tired of writing anything on these forums about bugs, suggestions etc. Its basically screaming into the void of space. I feel your frustration my dear friend but this is the game we have, it doesn't run great, it's poorly optimized, content drops are little and far spaced out. Accept it or move on, that's the advice I give you. Don't let your passion for this game affect your peace of mind. It doesn't deserve it. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 11:25 PM, para_cosm said:

It's a lot like replacing the Class Story icons on the character select screen (which were colorful, felt like they fit the classes perfectly, and there was nothing wrong with them) with the pixel art MS Paint monochrome garbage we got in 7.0

Agree there. I've gotten rid of most of the deco's that you get when you finish the story because of this. (had them in various strongholds). The new ones are just ugly.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, felleto said:

My dear Sith Lord. You seem to be a passionate player and I'm afraid your passion for this game may destroy you. 

I haven't been like the most avid poster in this forum, but from what I see I don't even understand the use for a bug report  or suggestions session of the forum...

To put things into an interesting perspective: there was a bug with the cartel market sale the other day. They fixed that like their lives depended on it. 2 hours later it was fixed. I don't think, however, this is entirely the devs fault. They have their share of blame sure, but I think most of the blame can be placed on how EA runs their operations.

We all know how that goes: (currently at step 5) the dev team is severely reduced from what it used to be: 
1. They invest the **** out of a new game, and most of the time is more than they can chew (SWTOR was the most expensive MMO ever released)
2. **** it release it anyway we will fix the bugs later (every patch it's a **** show)
3. See that there are too many bugs to fix but they got their profit margin from the game first weeks of release (with SWTOR: unless the bug affects the cartel market never fix it)
4. Don't fix bugs, deliver empty promises, and milk the player base while you are at it with some cosmetics, loot boxes. 
5. Slowly but surely decrease the size of the team involved in the game's development
6. Game is dead stop development (I don't think this will happen with SWTOR because I think it makes a lot of money and EA doesn't have to spend a dime, it's just great business. That's what you get when you license star wars products, you can release the biggest, steaming, pile of **** and star wars fans will flock to your game like crazy)
7. Publisher is dead, consume corpse
8. Rinse and repeat

Another reason MIGHT BE the engine they developed the game on. No developer wants to spend their time and career developing for an unused engine. There might be a shortage of people interested in developing the game. Then again, LOTRO probably has a smaller team and I think the engine is (I don't even know) and they develop the  ****  out of that game, dev livestream constantly, but again their distributor seems to have a different mindset than EA.

Based on this, there are only two ways EA may change their mode of operation with SWTOR. As we have seen in the past: Fifa packs debacle (went to court for "surprise mechanincs" like a kinder egg (come the **** on), Star wars battlefront debacle) They only change their greedy ways when they are called out for it and suffer major backlash (most disliked post on reddit, Belgium legalizing loot boxes) . They don't care about the games, they don't care about you, they care about your money and how can they take it from you in the most efficient matter and sometimes making use of illegal practices (wanting to go against Belgium law to sell FIFA packs, just goes to show the extent they are willing to go to get your money)

I believe there should be a major boycott to swtor until things are addressed. People need to get rightfully angry with this game if they want any change. I'm just tired of writing anything on these forums about bugs, suggestions etc. Its basically screaming into the void of space. I feel your frustration my dear friend but this is the game we have, it doesn't run great, it's poorly optimized, content drops are little and far spaced out. Accept it or move on, that's the advice I give you. Don't let your passion for this game affect your peace of mind. It doesn't deserve it. 

I have boycotted the game for many months, even years. Firstly when they introduced cartel market made animation change to project and master strike even before rise of the hutt cartel. Then after they reduced max level on planets by one. after they introduced scaling. It didn't help. Less and less people is playing this game and yet they are not taking the hint. So really do not know if they are able to get it.

Let's not blame everything that is bad on a publisher, okay? I know it is a popular notion to blame ea for every bad decision.

Mass effect 3 original endings weren't ea fault, same as mass effect andromeda. Not to mention their biggest fail, which is anthem.

The reason anthem was released in playable state is because EA stepped in and stopped bickering that was taking place between bioware offices.

I see the same thing with Activision-blizzard. Everything good is blizzard and everything bad is activision. How exactly people know that it is all activision fault.

Another example is dragon age inquisition. EA maybe have told bioware to use frostbyte engine but that doesn't mean they told bioware how the game should look or how would it play. I am not really a fan on big open areas of dragon age inquisition.

Like you said lotro is still going and story is interesting compared to this game story which is going downhill after kotet/kotfe.

Let's hope this gets fixed in the upcoming 7.3 update.  The bug was acknowledged.  Well, this and the very low graphic settings.  Fingers cross. 

/sigh I hope Vicious Slash doesnt become the new Ravage, in terms of animation change. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...