Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Forums are dragging

xordevoreaux

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

No need to delete anything, since they (BioWare) should be able to test/confirm my hypothesis  internally/administratively.  ( or they can simply hide the thread temporarily )

Just because i'm indifferent about a thread doesn't mean i want it deleted.

Besides, i'm always happy when it comes to STAR WARS. ---err, except maybe when i watch Ep. 9  Ruse of Byewalker :(

I'm not convinced it is that thread. There is a thread on the Flashpoint section (on page 1 currently) that is 431 pages. That section doesn't drag like the general section does.

6 minutes ago, Toraak said:

I'm not convinced it is that thread.

Hopefully  u guys can all remember to test and see for yourself  if/when that 'Theron' thread eventually gets pushed over to Page 2 of General Discussion soon.

7 minutes ago, Toraak said:

There is a thread on the Flashpoint section (on page 1 currently) that is 431 pages. That section doesn't drag like the general section does.

If you mean the 'weird people in groupfinder' thread  then yes i noticed that one and already inspected it and my theory is twofold:  First, that other section runs differently than  this multi-layered General Discussion area does ( different formatting & sub-sectioning & such ) .  Second,  there's something about the way  General Discussion threads originally started in the OLD forums  were cached/converted over to these new forum systems.   This can best be seen sometimes when you google search for a thread and click it (from within google ui ) and it will appear slightly varied in format  IF  it was found in General Discussion or any of it's previous sub-sections.

But again: the only way to verify is to wait for 'Theron' thread to clear organically and see if this section indeed starts to load fast/normal again.

Then i'll either be correct in my assessment and maybe it will help BioWare fix things.  Or...i'll be wrong and my usual umm forum "fans" can enjoy a day-of-drooling at my error. :tran_tongue:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Hopefully  u guys can all remember to test and see for yourself  if/when that 'Theron' thread eventually gets pushed over to Page 2 of General Discussion soon.

If you mean the 'weird people in groupfinder' thread  then yes i noticed that one and already inspected it and my theory is twofold:  First, that other section runs differently than  this multi-layered General Discussion area does ( different formatting & sub-sectioning & such ) .  Second,  there's something about the way  General Discussion threads originally started in the OLD forums  were cached/converted over to these new forum systems.   This can best be seen sometimes when you google search for a thread and click it (from within google ui ) and it will appear slightly varied in format  IF  it was found in General Discussion or any of it's previous sub-sections.

But again: the only way to verify is to wait for 'Theron' thread to clear organically and see if this section indeed starts to load fast/normal again.

Then i'll either be correct in my assessment and maybe it will help BioWare fix things.  Or...i'll be wrong and my usual umm forum "fans" can enjoy a day-of-drooling at my error. :tran_tongue:

That theron Shan thread was also in the old forums. That has been around for years as well.

32 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

I'm laughing with you, not at you. I think it's an interesting theory and really, any explanation for the lag is appreciated if it leads to a solution. Even if you're wrong, it outraged the Theron fans so you still accomplished something :rak_01: 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Toraak said:

That theron Shan thread was also in the old forums.

Never said it wasn't.

In fact,  and i stated this earlier but it might've gotten lost in all the back&forth:  It isn't even about the 'Theron' thread specifically.  It has happened before with ANY  super large/long type massive thread that ends up bumping onto this Page 1 of General Discussion section.  ( i noticed it before but i thought maybe it was because i hadn't  'marked all as read'  yet )

The only way i can "prove" this  is for everyone to see, eventually, the difference when the only current super large/long thread here in General Discussion page 1 area ( happens to be 'Theron' thread this time )  goes into Page 2 area.

41 minutes ago, Toraak said:

That has been around for years as well.

Yep i know but what i meant was: Some of the old sections converted differently than others ( into new forums ) .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.