Unable to login to Star Forge server!

SwtorWithdrawals

The Star Forge server is down and I can not login passed the load screen to choose a character. Trying to report this since there are no current posts in regards to this issue. I am not the only one unable to login, other players in my Discord server are experiencing the same issue... It does show RED on swtor.com server status. Please fix this so I can play tonight. I only get to play late at night and early in the morning due to my weird work schedule...

Bioware, this is now officially, unacceptably ridiculous!  FIX YOUR SERVER!

You owe us!  All the players on Star Forge, you owe us some sort of substantial in-game compensation for all this downtime that has left us unable to play the game that at least some of us are paying a subscription fee to play! 

Un-frakkin'-believable the crap we put up with on this Server.  👎😒 

5 hours ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

The issue on Star Forge is now fixed, you should be able to log in now.

Thank you for your patience.

And how much more of this is going to happen?  What assurances do we have that y'all aren't just putting band-aids on top of band-aids, rather than implementing a permanent solution to the root cause of the problem? 🤔

You need to compensate Star Forge players for all the downtime this year, because it's been too much.  I have spoken. :csw_fett:

6 hours ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

The issue on Star Forge is now fixed, you should be able to log in now.

Thank you for your patience.

What is the cause? Does Starforge need to be the first live server to AWS / Cloud ?

I don't know if it's related to the server going down, but I've been having crazy connection issues on Star Forge since the switch to 64-bit. I get lag spikes over 20k ms (sometimes over 50k ms) before getting disconnected and sent back to the server selection screen. This morning I wanted to hop on and do some dailies and every time I logged in I almost immediately (within 1-2 minutes) got one of these monster lag spikes and got disconnected. It happened 4-5 times in a row before it stabilized for about 45-minutes and then it started happening again. I get over 300 Mbps upload/download with 8ms latency from my internet connection, and normally my server lag on SF is about 40ms. At this point I'm considering paying to move my most played characters to Satele Shan even tho I know it will lose my Galactic Seasons progress. I'm so upset about this. :(

1 hour ago, angengea said:

At this point I'm considering paying to move my most played characters to Satele Shan even tho I know it will lose my Galactic Seasons progress. I'm so upset about this. :(

Given that this crap isn't our fault, we should not HAVE TO pay to transfer our characters to the more stable Server!  Bioware needs to grant FREE Server Change Tokens to EVERY character on Star Forge, because this is just unacceptable at this point! 

I have spoken. :csw_fett: