The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character is Stuck

SlayMain

I fell down between a wall and tent. Now I am stuck. I'm vibrating, so, the game thinks I am moving, therefore the /stuck command, quick travel, going to a stronghold doesn't work. I read I could use duty finder to que for a flashpoint, but I can't find the group finder icon. I really don't want to do a flashpoint anyway. I'm guessing I will have to wait until tomorrow's patch before my character will work again. I also logged out and in, no luck.

Edited by SlayMain

I got out of it!!! :) I typed in chat \stuck and before I pushed the enter key, I kept my forward up arrow pushed down while pushing the enter key. I ran forward out of the stuck position. Yea! I was trying all kinds of stuff and this trick worked. I hope I remember, if there is a next time.

Try pressing X, which does the /sit animation.  Sometimes that will allow you to use quick travel or travel to a stronghold when you are stuck and the game thinks you are moving.  The /stuck command is often not reliable and will just place your character right back into the stuck spot, so quick travel or going to a stronghold is often the better option.  If you do travel to a stronghold do not exit back to where you were as that will just put you back in the stuck spot.  You will need to exit somewhere else and then travel back to the planet.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

Sometimes that will allow you to use quick travel

Just remember, starting tomorrow, using quick travel to get unstuck will cost you credits so you can pay for terrain design flaws.

7 hours ago, DWho said:

Just remember, starting tomorrow, using quick travel to get unstuck will cost you credits so you can pay for terrain design flaws.

I hadn't even considered this, that just makes the stupid credit move that much worse.  I had to do this yesterday because the /stuck command didn't move me far enough and I had to use quick travel to free myself.

8 hours ago, CarpeSangrea said:

I hadn't even considered this, that just makes the stupid credit move that much worse.  I had to do this yesterday because the /stuck command didn't move me far enough and I had to use quick travel to free myself.

Yeah there are several pages as to yet another downfall of the developers not listening to us and taking into account how they are not fixing the economy by penalizing us.

similar thing happened to me, yet i have a closed CS ticket saying they moved my character for me... and never did. boilerplate response and ticket closed with no confirmation.

GGz on the "hit x to sit" suggestion that helped... and the subsequent 5k quick travel fee, since /stuck still didn't work. Just doing my part to combat inflation i suppose. 

Edited by donpaulieone