Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So how will 64bit improve my game experience?

RevBurt

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

"north of 200" means "more than 200" everywhere I've heard the idiom.  So yes, it was higher, and it probably still is.  @TrixxieTriss what's your current ping to SWTOR?

Before this update, without using WTFast, it was between 230-250ms with lots of ping spikes higher. 
With WTFast it was 210-230ms with hardly any ping spikes. 
I’ve not done the update yet. So I don’t know how or if it has affected speeds yet.

20 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Before this update, without using WTFast, it was between 230-250ms with lots of ping spikes higher. 
With WTFast it was 210-230ms with hardly any ping spikes. 
I’ve not done the update yet. So I don’t know how or if it has affected speeds yet.

Ah so we have about the same ping. Though I don't use any ping programs myself. 

On 3/28/2023 at 2:52 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

In the very short term, probably not, especially if you are far (in Internet ping time terms) from the server, where there will be at least the delay for the message to get to the server and back.  (For me, that's mid-20s of milliseconds, but for someone in Australia, it's north of 200, which is visible.)

In the longer term, the extra memory available may allow them to do do things they don't currently have the memory available to do.

That's not what I mean.  I don't mean ping, I mean responsiveness during game-play/combat.  My ping is fine and I have a fast PC.

For example on Guardian when you use Blade Storm or Guardian Slash if you hit the key more than once it will rubber-band the ability instead of just registering the key press and firing the ability.  Things like that.

I suppose those are more engine symptoms?

It does seem to handle swapping focus to another screen, like a browser, better than it used to.

Edited by Diamaht

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.