Ord Mantell NPC "Travi Pott" is missing / not spawning

Traceguy

There's been a bug in the game since 4.0 that has caused Travi Pott's not to spawn on the map. Travi is responsible for starting the mission "[Heroic] "Destroy the Beacons"

In other news, Geric from Hutta is missing too

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/928158-hutta-npc-geric-the-quest-giver-for-heroic-2-the-man-with-the-steel-voice-is-missing/

Edited by Traceguy

9 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Why isn't it a bug? When and where did Bioware put in the patch notes they removed them? And Why?

The relevant patch notes (for 4.0 in October 2015, so they've been absent for longer than they were present) don't say either way, but that absence of a statement doesn't make it a bug.  And given that 4.0 essentially converted heroics into a repeatable source of XP and reward items for any player character of sufficient level, there's no driving *gameplay* reason for keeping them around.

But you should be either:

• *Asking* BioWare if it is a bug or by design  -- OR --
  • Suggesting that they be restored -- OR --
  • Both.

As it stands, you have been *asserting* without evidence that it's a bug.  Ask first.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

• *Asking* BioWare if it is a bug or by design  -- OR --

Sorry, but that is no different than opening a thread like I have done.

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

there's no driving *gameplay* reason for keeping them around.

Highly invalid and illogical point. Pray tell, is Gizmel, the spice lord  still standing in Oradam Village on Ord Mantell? Please great Steve, tell me, what driving gameplay reason does Gizmel have that Travi and Geric don't have???

Edited by Traceguy

3 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Sorry, but that is no different than opening a thread like I have done.

Tsk: you're *saying* that it's a bug, which isn't the same thing as *asking* if it is a bug.

Highly invalid and illogical point. Pray tell, is Gizmel, the spice lord  still standing in Oradam Village on Ord Mantell?

He is, and I haven't bothered to see if he still gives the mission.  I know that the terminal across the street from him (it gave the third H2+ on Ord Mantell, the one about killing the Savrip chieftains) is still there, but it's just scenery now.  Travi, on the other hand, isn't even there.

Please great Steve,

The sentiment(1) here is not appreciated.

tell me, what driving gameplay reason does Gizmel have that Travi and Geric don't have???

No idea.

(1) Coded language, because I didn't feel like saying "sarcasm" in the actual sentence above.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

17 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

He is, and I haven't bothered to see if he still gives the mission. 

He most certainly does  still offer the quest, and so do 99.99% of other Heroic NPCs in the game. 

Blindly accepting a bug as a feature is terrible. I am doing just diligence by raising discussion of this, because Bioware probably has no clue since everyone wants to silently accept that 1 Republic NPC was just removed. The mission terminal reason is a terrible reason, because for that argument to hold any water, it would need to apply to other Heroic Mission givers, like Gizmel.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Haha 1

It was brought up years ago when bioware first changed the way heroics worked.  Many, many years ago and several times. (I'm not looking up the old threads for you).  

The playerbase didn't ignore it.  Bioware is gonna do what Bioware wants to do.

Just accept that the Swotor dev's have their own agenda.  Part of that agenda has been removing things from the game for "reasons".