Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Hutta NPC "Geric", the quest giver for "[Heroic 2+] The Man with the Steel Voice" is missing.

Traceguy

Mate, this is not a bug, it is part of BW's attempt to make it easier to find quests. You dont even have to turn them in now. They auto complete. Also those with bonus missions 😠 

You get that mission, The man with the steel voice, from a terminal at the space port now, isn't that easy ?? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

Mate, this is not a bug, it is part of BW's attempt to make it easier to find quests. You dont even have to turn them in now. They auto complete. Also those with bonus missions 😠 

I hear you, but I respectfully disagree. I think that's just what we've chosen to accept. If this was actually the case, it wouldn't make sense that all other Heroic quest givers still exist, including the other heroic quest givers on Hutta .

I want Bioware to address this NPCs absence. I will no longer accept it as intentional.

The one thing that is certainly not a bug is that after the Heroic objective ends, the quest ends instantly, which means we can no longer report back to an NPC. I highly miss being able to return the astrogation charts from Coruscant Jedi Temple. I think if we start the quest via quest giver, we should be able to manually complete them. But this is a whole other topic.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

The one thing that is certainly not a bug is that after the Heroic objective ends, the quest ends instantly, which means we can no longer report back to an NPC. I highly miss being able to return the astrogation charts from Coruscant Jedi Temple. I think if we start the quest via quest giver, we should be able to manually complete them. But this is a whole other topic.

I agree. This should be a choice you can make from settings similar to exploration missions (which by default should be ON otherwise how would newbies even know about them?). If you want it to autocomplete, opt in. Otherwise by default you return to the questgiver. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I hear you, but I respectfully disagree. I think that's just what we've chosen to accept. If this was actually the case, it wouldn't make sense that all other Heroic quest givers still exist, including the other heroic quest givers on Hutta .

But the others don't all still exist.  Example: see if you can find Sgt Travi Potts on Ord Mantell, she who gave the H2+ to destroy the comms towers on Savrip Island.  Good luck, because she has been absent since 4.0.  (The terminal across the street from Gizmel Gam, the one that gave the one to kill Savrip Chieftains (gold-star savrips), is still there, but doesn't give the mission, but Travi is long gone.)

19 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I want Bioware to address this NPCs absence. I will no longer accept it as intentional.

That won't change whether it was intentional, and it almost certainly *was* intentional.

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

But the others don't all still exist.  Example: see if you can find Sgt Travi Potts on Ord Mantell, she who gave the H2+ to destroy the comms towers on Savrip Island.  Good luck, because she has been absent since 4.0.  

So that's 2 missing NPCs out of the total number of heroics. Still seems like a bug.

26 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

So that's 2 missing NPCs out of the total number of heroics. Still seems like a bug.

It was just *one* example.  I k'bah to dig through all of them on all the planets.

But it isn't a bug.  It was a deliberate choice on BioWare's part.  It might not be what you want, but that doesn't in and of itself make it a bug.

17 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It was just *one* example.  I k'bah to dig through all of them on all the planets.

Please do so, because as far as I can see, many of the Heroic quest givers are all over the place on every planet yet. Let's pretend you're right, and this isn't a bug, well then, by design, you must agree it's a bug that the other heroic quest givers are still in the game.

3 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Let's pretend you're right, and this isn't a bug, well then, by design, you must agree it's a bug that the other heroic quest givers are still in the game.

Not at all.  I refuse to agree to that because I am not privy to BioWare's decisions.  The point that forumites have been complaining about this since October 2015 with no action to change it should be a clue that it might be more intended than you make it out to be.

And why weren't you complaining about this back then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.