Satele or Star Forge better for a returning casual player?

ZeroAnjel

Been playing off an on for a few years now. Recently came back but not sure what server is best for a casual altoholic that would just like to do the class stories, group up occasionally, and meet like-minded people.   I have started from scratch as I have been gone quite a while and am atm on Satele but everyone I have spoken to on others social formats are on Star Forge. Am I missing something?? lol

Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you ;)

Your legacy, and all the bonuses that come with that, are on Satele so there is a clear advantage to staying there. Even with the massive inflation of prices I at least had something to work with when I came back to build up my credits through trading. I can't imagine starting from scratch and having no money to work from. I was going to do the same thing by starting from scratch on Satele Shan, but the money issue sealed the deal so I stayed on Star Forge. If your social circle are mostly on the East coast they are more likely to be on Star Forge. It was the east coast server and Satele was west coast, but now both are physically on the east coast so it doesn't matter.

I have multiple characters on both servers, and I don't really see much difference to be honest. I don't do a lot of ops or pvp, so I can't comment if there is a huge difference per server in those areas, but for the casual stuff I do, no real difference.

Starforge has more players. So if you want to play any group activities like pvp, operations, flashpoints, role playing  or even want a larger variety of items to buy on the GTN, then you’d be better off picking SF. 

But if youre a solo player who doesn’t interact with the community or care about space barbies (better GTN selection), then maybe SS is better because it will be less populated. 

Just my 2 cents worth.