Sell some of the oldest "exclusives," or, conversely, release slightly altered versions of them

AJediKnight

IDC which. But for the longest time, I've wanted to own some variant of the simple, white walker. I know that the Obsidian Squad version is available - but that's black... gunmetal-ish, and doesn't really fit the traditional trooper aesthetic. There are several older variants of the white version - the AC-PT and the Rapid Recon - but they were promotions. Much as I'd like to see them sold (I hate the idea of scarcity in games generated through one-time events - not everyone can or will be subbed at all times), I get that people want to maintain their "uniqueness." But that doesn't mean that Bioware couldn't slap, like, an extra gun mounting or something onto the vehicle and sell it under a different name.

And this is by no means exclusive to these walkers - there are a lot of "never to be released again" mounts and items in this game that would be nice to see in some form, even if that isn't identical. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJediKnight said:

IDC which. But for the longest time, I've wanted to own some variant of the simple, white walker. I know that the Obsidian Squad version is available - but that's black... gunmetal-ish, and doesn't really fit the traditional trooper aesthetic. There are several older variants of the white version - the AC-PT and the Rapid Recon - but they were promotions. Much as I'd like to see them sold (I hate the idea of scarcity in games generated through one-time events - not everyone can or will be subbed at all times), I get that people want to maintain their "uniqueness." But that doesn't mean that Bioware couldn't slap, like, an extra gun mounting or something onto the vehicle and sell it under a different name.

And this is by no means exclusive to these walkers - there are a lot of "never to be released again" mounts and items in this game that would be nice to see in some form, even if that isn't identical. 

Or perhaps make a couple variants of this available through the new GS-4 season??  And yes you are correct there are several of those old mounts that would be good to see again!

Edited by OlBuzzard

3 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Or perhaps make a couple variants of this available through the new GS-4 season??  And yes you are correct there are several of those old mounts that would be good to see again!

I mean, the Chiss Interceptor is on the season vendor, so maybe there's hope?

• 1 month later...

There is value in having people complete things for exclusive items. The Rancor and Tauntaun mounts are examples. By introducing large numbers of knockoffs it devalued the efforts put in to getting the originals, who would recognize the rancor original even if available? It also reduces the willingness to go after exclusive items if eventually the knockoffs will become available.  Rather than create knockoffs create more cool exclusive items. like the gambler shades for players to go after.  It is true that it is a lot easier to create knockoffs than create exciting neat new stuff.  I think emote dances is a better model.  We are not looking for knockoffs of old dances but what is new! Now about  FOLLOW Conga Line. ....

18 hours ago, kjarnage said:

There is value in having people complete things for exclusive items. The Rancor and Tauntaun mounts are examples. By introducing large numbers of knockoffs it devalued the efforts put in to getting the originals, who would recognize the rancor original even if available? It also reduces the willingness to go after exclusive items if eventually the knockoffs will become available.  Rather than create knockoffs create more cool exclusive items. like the gambler shades for players to go after.  It is true that it is a lot easier to create knockoffs than create exciting neat new stuff.  I think emote dances is a better model.  We are not looking for knockoffs of old dances but what is new! Now about  FOLLOW Conga Line. ....

The problem is, say you can earn a really special mount in galactic season 2. But you haven't started playing the game until galactic season 3, you want to get the mount but can't because you've started playing after it was available. Having another way of you to acquire the mount is less frustrating for your player experience, sure the item might not be as exclusive as it was before but so what? Its not fun having stuff that is only available in a short time frame, also abuse's FOMO and people's need to keep up with it which is arguably not consumer-friendly IMO.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:20 PM, kjarnage said:

People want items because they like them or they just want to collect everything. Not because they want to have something that other people can't have and lord it over them. I'd give the average person a little more credit than that. I absolutely would not care if everyone had access to any item I have that is no longer available. I don't want anyone to suffer for the sake of my vanity and ego.

• Like 1