Unable to Log-In After Today's Update, "Game Version Doesn't Match Server's"!

ReKabNad

52 minutes ago, ReKabNad said:

Aaaannnnd another 38 GB download tonight! 😡

Did you watch on Task Manager to see if there was 38 GB worth of network traffic?  Was it actually downloading, or did it verify while *saying* it was downloading?  (Yes, that's a bug, because it should say that it's verifying, and if it finds a problem, *then* (and only then) it should switch to saying it's downloading until it goes back to verifying other stuff.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Did you watch on Task Manager to see if there was 38 GB worth of network traffic?  Was it actually downloading, or did it verify while *saying* it was downloading?  (Yes, that's a bug, because it should say that it's verifying, and if it finds a problem, *then* (and only then) it should switch to saying it's downloading until it goes back to verifying other stuff.)

Well, if (when) it happens again, I will now! 

On 2/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, ReKabNad said:

Well, if (when) it happens again, I will now! 

That's a good idea, but in my case it goes so fast (My guildmates jokingly say I live the servers basement as I live close to the datacenter in VA) and it seems to be totally random. It will work fine for two or three days and then bam, it's downloading again, like just now. And of course it says game version doesn't match. I'll have to open task manager each time before the game to see if it actually downloads.

13 hours ago, Trance-Gemini said:

That's a good idea, but in my case it goes so fast (My guildmates jokingly say I live the servers basement as I live close to the datacenter in VA) and it seems to be totally random. It will work fine for two or three days and then bam, it's downloading again, like just now. And of course it says game version doesn't match. I'll have to open task manager each time before the game to see if it actually downloads.

Apparently, I don't know what I'm looking for in Task Manager, because I see nothing in there to tell me if this download is actually downloading to local storage.  But if they were, my hard drive would be FULL by now, given how many of these 38 GB downloads have happened at this point.  It's downloading ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW! 😡

9 minutes ago, ReKabNad said:

Apparently, I don't know what I'm looking for in Task Manager, because I see nothing in there to tell me if this download is actually downloading to local storage.  But if they were, my hard drive would be FULL by now, given how many of these 38 GB downloads have happened at this point.  It's downloading ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW! 😡

What you want to look at is network activity which is under the performance tab. When the update is downloading it will show may spikes as your computer sends and receives data from the server. If all that is going on is hard drive activity (which is also active during and actual download - both hard disk and network will be showing a lot of activity when downloading) then it is either verifying or writing data. I have seen it say its "downloading" in the launcher twice but in reality it is only downloading it once, but I have also seen it download all the data twice (network activity in both "downloads").

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

But if they were, my hard drive would be FULL by now, given how many of these 38 GB downloads have happened at this point.

No, because if the launcher is really downloading and saving all that data each time, it will be just overwriting the files that are already there.

• Like 1