Best Imperial Agent?

TonyTricicolo

Considering that he's the inspiration for one of my own Agents (Operative, naturally), I'm going to go with The Operative.

Take a look at Keeper/Minister and Watcher Two/Keeper, the idea of someone who accepts that they do monsterous things but they are things that must be done to make a better world fits excellent with Imperial Intelligence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turbomagnus said:

Considering that he's the inspiration for one of my own Agents (Operative, naturally), I'm going to go with The Operative.

Take a look at Keeper/Minister and Watcher Two/Keeper, the idea of someone who accepts that they do monsterous things but they are things that must be done to make a better world fits excellent with Imperial Intelligence.

Chiwetel Ejiofor  played The Operative brilliantly.

https://youtu.be/WERocs57QaE

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Chiwetel Ejiofor  played The Operative brilliantly.

https://youtu.be/WERocs57QaE

Oh, yeah. He's truly the 'anatagonist' of "Serenity" without being a 'villain'. He forms the perfect counterpoint to Mal as they do a pas-de-deux in their beliefs, from broken to determined and from true believer to shattered. And I love how reasonable he is; the calm way that he notes Mal's service in Serenity Valley and how most of it was after the surrender as he concludes "This man hates us." The look of horror on his face when Mal talks about living in a 'perfect world' as though he truly feels that he's the last person who should ever exist in that kind of world.

Spoiler

And the end scene, where he asks Mal face-to-face how he found the strength to keep going after losing everything at Serenity Valley, you can tell that he's a man begging for a lifeline, for something to help him make sense of learning that as monsterous as he thought himself to be (so that others wouldn't have to be) the people he worked for were infinitely worse than him.

• Like 1

I really like his stoic demeanor. "Like Dude? What are ya doing? Stop wasting our time. You can't make me angry" Yet his confidence is his hubris because he views Mal as insignificant even though continues to be that plucky hero that he just mocked.

Edited by TonyTricicolo