Lag or does the game freeze?

lindalan

11 minutes ago, lindalan said:

Lately the game freezes for a few seconds and then goes back to normal, it happens often and it's the only game where this happens to me, anyone else? any solution? This has never happened to me before

hi ,  i've noticed this  similar  'long lag' ( or "freeze pause" ) happening to me  over the past couple years  a few times , but for me  it only happens  during these 2 specific  circumstances, randomly:

• sometimes, whenever i'm  placing/replacing mods into armor/augments
  • sometimes, whenever i'm checking a BANK

...  But then, after like 10-30 seconds, the game just sorta *pops* back into itself  back to normal.

OP  lindalan:  Do you recall exactly when  it  happened to you or exactly what you were doing when it occurred?

Edited by Nee-Elder

It happened to me in starfighter games, the game even closed, I'm in the fleet and just by walking or moving the PJ's camera it freezes for a few seconds, the strange thing is that it's happening to me these last few weeks, I already reinstalled windows thinking that it was my pc and still the same

4 minutes ago, lindalan said:

I restart the game and it seems to be fixed

Be certain your  video-card  'drivers'  are all  up-to-date  too ( just in case ) .

( *Not sure what server you're playing on,  or if you're playing thru 'Steam' or regular new launcher PC, but maybe check your ISP & firewall & such and then if the issue persists  try sending a detailed EMAIL to:  support@swtor.com )

21 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Be certain your  video-card  'drivers'  are all  up-to-date  too ( just in case ) .

Yeah, a lot of people - especially those of us using the standalone launcher - are finding that they need to download DirectX 9 to make the game function properly.

5 minutes ago, lindalan said:

, could it be a server problem?

Doubtful , since  if it was  then more players would be posting about it.

Although, the server (Star Forge) did have a temporary issue/hiccup over the weekend, but  this  'issue'  we're talking about here in this thread is totally unrelated. ( since it's been happening for a couple years , for me at least ) .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.