Cannot Enter Game From Asia?

DarthVoi

I'm currently in Asia and recently got a new computer so I can play Swtor oversea (my account is North America). Everything was fine, from download to security key, but once I got through all that and click "play" the button simply grey out and pause. It was like any other regular log in, except nothing happened for the next 20 minutes.

When I click the button again, the greyed-out button got its color back and we're back to square one. Repeat trying shows the same result, the button greyed out without getting me into the game, and refreshes once I click on it again.

Anyone has any clue on what's going, or at least what I can do might remedy the situation?

40 minutes ago, DarthVoi said:

I'm currently in Asia and recently got a new computer so I can play Swtor oversea (my account is North America). Everything was fine, from download to security key, but once I got through all that and click "play" the button simply grey out and pause. It was like any other regular log in, except nothing happened for the next 20 minutes.

When I click the button again, the greyed-out button got its color back and we're back to square one. Repeat trying shows the same result, the button greyed out without getting me into the game, and refreshes once I click on it again.

Anyone has any clue on what I can do might remedy the situation?

hi there, so this is in no way meant to be condescending nor "demeaning" to you or your person ( If it comes off that  way, i apologize in advance, since my intent is merely to provide you with info & intel ) but you'll probably need  to contact  *Support*  for a personal computer/login troubleshooting circumstance like you're describing.   This  'Bug Reports' section is more for  in-game  type  gameplaying issues.  Again, no big deal, just letting you know for your own edification, since BIOWARE very rarely ever replies directly to  threads here in this section.   Hopefully someday they will add a 'Tech Support' section here in the new forums. :cool:

Annnnyyyyways, the following options could possibly be worth checking out ( if you haven't already) :

*That last option #4 is probably your best bet, assuming  you're already using the NEW Launcher--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926275-game-update-72-showdown-on-ruhnuk-launches-december-13th/?do=findComment&comment=9732352

Edited by Nee-Elder

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 10:23 AM, Nee-Elder said:

hi there, so this is in no way meant to be condescending nor "demeaning" to you or your person ( If it comes off that  way, i apologize in advance, since my intent is merely to provide you with info & intel ) but you'll probably need  to contact  *Support*  for a personal computer/login troubleshooting circumstance like you're describing.   This  'Bug Reports' section is more for  in-game  type  gameplaying issues.  Again, no big deal, just letting you know for your own edification, since BIOWARE very rarely ever replies directly to  threads here in this section.   Hopefully someday they will add a 'Tech Support' section here in the new forums. :cool:

Annnnyyyyways, the following options could possibly be worth checking out ( if you haven't already) :

*That last option #4 is probably your best bet, assuming  you're already using the NEW Launcher--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926275-game-update-72-showdown-on-ruhnuk-launches-december-13th/?do=findComment&comment=9732352

I did check out Support, even before I posted here. The problem with Support is that after they know I'm a subscribed player they tell me to contact people IN-GAME, and because I cannot enter the game itself I couldn't go through with their recommendation. I will look into it further.

12 hours ago, DarthVoi said:

I did check out Support, even before I posted here. The problem with Support is that after they know I'm a subscribed player they tell me to contact people IN-GAME, and because I cannot enter the game itself I couldn't go through with their recommendation. I will look into it further.

How did you contact them?  Historically, the telephone support was always just for billing problems, so you might be better off emailing them at: support<at>swtor.com .

And be really clear that you can't contact anyone in-game because you can't get into the game.

But before you do that, follow @turbomagnus's advice about DirectX 9.

As posted earlier by turbomagnus earlier, it sounds like you need to download DirectX 9.

If you are on a new computer running Windows 10 or 11 you need to download DirectX 9 to get SWTOR to work as SWTOR requires this to run and it is so old it is no longer part of Windows 10 or 11. You can get it from the Microsoft website here. 

Alternately you can download SWTOR through Steam which will install DirectX 9. I still don't understand why the launcher from the SWTOR website does not include this. There are literally dozens of threads per month here and on Reddit with people having this issue and Bioware has never officially addressed it. You would think they would want people to play their game instead of running into roadblocks with easy fixes.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.